Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2019, 11:29 AM

6,928 posts, read 5,906,574 times

Advertisements

I don't live in either, but I like to visit both (and have seen almost all parts of both states).
From an outsider, here's what I see:
Both incredibly hot for five months a year (in different ways). Both have slightly more temperate northern areas, with blistering southern areas.
Florida has beaches but is SO flat.
Arizona has no beaches but has such varied topography.
Both getting a bit overrun with development.
Both have ridiculous amounts of sketchy immigration.
Both have really dangerous creatures/critters.

Both are great places to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there..........lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2019, 09:48 PM

106 posts, read 109,712 times
Lol MaineGuy, for an outsider, you sum it up pretty well. But I have to say Florida is incredibly hot 9 months of the year (and we're heading into our next long stretch of brutal summer now... yaaaaaaaayyyy ��).

Old 04-16-2019, 05:32 PM

26 posts, read 28,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goolsbyjazz View Post
If you're seriously planning to move here I hope you can take another trip to check it out from the perspective of a resident opposed to a visitor.
I think that is the best advice I've seen on the board in quite some time.

Old 04-16-2019, 06:01 PM

383 posts, read 634,882 times
I live in Phoenix and just moved from Tampa, FL. I would take Phoenix any day because of the weather. No bugs, no hurricanes, only dust storms and monsoons. They are nothing compared to Florida's everyday rain in the summer.
We do get some humidity in the summer during monsoon season.

Old 07-14-2019, 08:39 AM

1 posts, read 737 times
I’ve lived in South FL now for 6 long years (originally from CA) and I am already planning a move out to Scottsdale area. FL is WAY TOO HUMID & sticky hot. When it’s 94 it’ll feel like 105 and you are stuck in your house 8-9 months of the year. Awful heat begins in May - ends in Sept and you have hurricane season from June - Nov with terrifying thunder lightning storms that can last through night so you really only have 4 months of decent weather when humidity drops. Infested with crime, a lot of road rage, no sophistication , rude people, and the absolute worst drivers in the world. There are an average of 1 fatal accidents in S FL alone per week as highway 95 is only main freeway.
I’ll never come back here. Worst experience

Old 07-14-2019, 09:04 AM

1,424 posts, read 1,283,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makati123 View Post
Awful heat begins in May - ends in Sept
You're being generous. Often the awful heat stretches into mid October.
Agreed with everything else you wrote.
But the lizards (human & reptile versions) love it in Florida.

Old 07-14-2019, 05:30 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,302,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lluvia View Post
You're being generous. Often the awful heat stretches into mid October.
Agreed with everything else you wrote.
But the lizards (human & reptile versions) love it in Florida.
Not really. Avg high goes below 100 mid Sept. and by Oct 20 it’s 86 which is totally comfortable. Of course there can be an occasional outlier and it’s just as likely to be a high of 76 as it is 96. ( Averages). Also, compare the heat indices.

Old 07-14-2019, 05:42 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,302,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
I don't live in either, but I like to visit both (and have seen almost all parts of both states).
From an outsider, here's what I see:
Both incredibly hot for five months a year (in different ways). Both have slightly more temperate northern areas, with blistering southern areas.
Florida has beaches but is SO flat.
Arizona has no beaches but has such varied topography.
Both getting a bit overrun with development.
Both have ridiculous amounts of sketchy immigration.
Both have really dangerous creatures/critters.

Both are great places to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there..........lol
Northern Arizona has tremendously lower summer temps!! The avg high in the hottest month of July is 81.

Old 07-23-2019, 04:32 PM

20 posts, read 14,792 times
I currently live in Florida. The Tampa Bay area to be exact. Hate it. Been here six years. Granted the ocean is beautiful! But I'm a mountain girl. I love freshwater fishing, hiking, camping, desert life. I've visited Arizona couple years ago and still wish I could be there. First time in my life I felt I had found home. The humidity, bugs, hurricanes, and sinkholes just aren't my thing. If i left would i miss it? No i wouldn't

Old 07-23-2019, 06:40 PM

383 posts, read 634,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasha34684 View Post
I currently live in Florida. The Tampa Bay area to be exact. Hate it. Been here six years. Granted the ocean is beautiful! But I'm a mountain girl. I love freshwater fishing, hiking, camping, desert life. I've visited Arizona couple years ago and still wish I could be there. First time in my life I felt I had found home. The humidity, bugs, hurricanes, and sinkholes just aren't my thing. If i left would i miss it? No i wouldn't
Tasha I lived in Tampa Bay too. Phoenix is a great place to live. You should make the move!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona