U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 06:55 PM

2,333 posts, read 4,357,558 times

Advertisements

Not sure if it's because of the Holiday weekend or a sign of things to come. Regardless, getting detained outside for 20 minutes today in the hot sun would normally be tough enough. What made it worse is my wife and I had our dog and 2 cats as well.

For anyone who travels with prescriptions, these dogs are going to respond and you will be asked to pull over at the Border Inspection stops. My wife is diabetic and her insulin and other meds must of reacted to the dogs sniffing at our vehicle. Several others were pulled over too. We had nothing to hide and explained the prescriptions before the dogs completely tore up our vehicle. I understand that the BP has a job to do but this is the first time in 5 trips coming back from San Diego the BP had dogs on hand. We'll see if this is a trend to come. Regardless, this should be a heads up to anyone traveling with prescriptions.
Rate this post positively

Old 09-03-2012, 07:14 PM

9,549 posts, read 29,870,485 times
Unfortunately, Magnum . . .

For the personal and financial safety of all U.S. Citizens, until our Deadbeat "Vote Prostituting" Leaders in Washington totally seal the Southern Border, scenarios such as you describe are only going to increase.

Old 09-03-2012, 07:57 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,003,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnum0417 View Post
Not sure if it's because of the Holiday weekend or a sign of things to come. Regardless, getting detained outside for 20 minutes today in the hot sun would normally be tough enough. What made it worse is my wife and I had our dog and 2 cats as well.

For anyone who travels with prescriptions, these dogs are going to respond and you will be asked to pull over at the Border Inspection stops. My wife is diabetic and her insulin and other meds must of reacted to the dogs sniffing at our vehicle. Several others were pulled over too. We had nothing to hide and explained the prescriptions before the dogs completely tore up our vehicle. I understand that the BP has a job to do but this is the first time in 5 trips coming back from San Diego the BP had dogs on hand. We'll see if this is a trend to come. Regardless, this should be a heads up to anyone traveling with prescriptions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Unfortunately, Magnum . . .

For the personal and financial safety of all U.S. Citizens, until our Deadbeat "Vote Prostituting" Leaders in Washington totally seal the Southern Border, scenarios such as you describe are only going to increase.
It's getting bad unless the BP now has to be "PC" and NOT use probable cause because THAT would be "profiling" which upsets certain people.

Old 09-03-2012, 09:01 PM

It's no secret that the BP Station just east of Dateland always has staff there to probe on coming traffic. Definitely the most aggressive inspection I've seen yet. For the record, I drove I 10 to LA on Saturday and there were no border checks whatsoever. Just the Agricultural stop when you get into Blythe CA heading westbound.

The 2 in CA on I 8 West near Algodones and Pine Valley either ask if you are carrying produce or where you are from and that is it. The problem with this Dateland one is there is no way around it. I suppose one could get off at Yuma and drive out of their way to Quartzite to avoid the BS in Dateland. Guess I'll just have to deal with this moving forward since my wife obviously needs her meds.

Old 09-03-2012, 09:28 PM

450 posts, read 1,376,913 times
The BP just built a large new station just to the east of Wellton, probably where the dogs are stationed.
Going to Quartzsite isn't going to help, there is a BP checkpoint at Stone Cabin.

Curly

Old 09-03-2012, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curly5759 View Post
The BP just built a large new station just to the east of Wellton, probably where the dogs are stationed.
Going to Quartzsite isn't going to help, there is a BP checkpoint at Stone Cabin.

Curly
Thanks Curly. I see signs just past the Foothills exit of Yuma going up the hill but never noticed one in Wellton. The one just past the Foothills exit has never been open the times I have gone. I never had any detainments coming back into Lukeville with my wife's meds so I certainly was surprised today. Again, not so much for me personally but our animals who were subject to the heat today made it a pretty big deal. Be interesting to see how this effects the frequency of travel to SD and back. I won't be deterred but know what to expect now.

Old 09-03-2012, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
It's getting bad unless the BP now has to be "PC" and NOT use probable cause because THAT would be "profiling" which upsets certain people.
I think we should ask them if they are familiar with Oscar Ortiz and see how they react next time around.

Old 09-04-2012, 07:08 AM

17,593 posts, read 23,477,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnum0417 View Post

You are complaining because the Border Patrol is doing it's job?

Old 09-04-2012, 05:16 PM

603 posts, read 896,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
You are complaining because the Border Patrol is doing it's job?
The Border Patrol is now in charge of policing the US interstate highways for drug traffic?

I know the Border Patrol makes a lot of money off of travelers with nickel bags of weed in their cars. I wonder if the DEA can make a few extra bucks by setting up speed traps. Then the TSA and the ATF can start randomly auditing IRS tax returns.

Old 09-04-2012, 05:56 PM

1,208 posts, read 1,751,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen431 View Post
the border patrol is now in charge of policing the us interstate highways for drug traffic?

I know the border patrol makes a lot of money off of travelers with nickel bags of weed in their cars. I wonder if the dea can make a few extra bucks by setting up speed traps. Then the tsa and the atf can start randomly auditing irs tax returns.
+1000
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona