U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 04:47 PM

630 posts, read 2,168,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambrush View Post
Well I had to break out the book on this one..Spring Valley Ranches is out in Hackberry. Hualapi Valley fire just received the blessing to start building a fire station out there.
There is a LOT of train traffic and thus at times it is hard to get out onto Route 66. The other way out is south on Hackberry road cross under I-40 and take a left over to Silver Springs road and gain Access to I-40. If you continue south you end up on Hwy 93.
Hackberry is a pretty quiet bunch of people from what I have been told. As for water not sure about the subdivison but most haul there water and live off of the grid as in no electricty.

Thank you for the information. I knew it was living off the grid, it's what I'm looking for. I know I could put in a well, and I know that some electricity has been pulled out, may use solar anyways. From my understanding phone lines are in as well, so gas is propane. I appreciate you looking up the information for me. Thank you ....
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2007, 06:57 PM

1,552 posts, read 6,165,287 times
Phones connected = a good thing cell phone coverage out there is very hit and miss as in spotty.
I have sites I take care of in Truxton and Ft Rock so I use Hackberry road to get from 66 to I-40 or on down to Wikieup from Truxton. It is a county graded dirt road and runs along the Big Sandy River bottom.

Old 12-05-2007, 11:09 AM

5 posts, read 15,563 times
Just bought a home in G.V. Watch the realtor's here. Ethics seem to be in the back seat. Do not buy in the valley. The roads are all dirt and the dust is a major problem, and just hangs in the air. Its clear in the morning but by noon you can not see accross the valley for the dust. Makes no difference it you are on a paved road. They need to put a speed limit on the dirt roads. Not gravel. Dirt roads.

Old 12-06-2007, 01:43 PM

74 posts, read 369,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotan View Post
Just bought a home in G.V. Watch the realtor's here. Ethics seem to be in the back seat. Do not buy in the valley. The roads are all dirt and the dust is a major problem, and just hangs in the air. Its clear in the morning but by noon you can not see accross the valley for the dust. Makes no difference it you are on a paved road. They need to put a speed limit on the dirt roads. Not gravel. Dirt roads.
Hi Rotan and everyone else,

This thought is probably to long to write and read but i'll give it a shot.

I always go back and forth to Kingman, on Hwy 68, right thru the middle of Golden Valley at all times of the day and for that matter in the evening too.

I can see from one end of the Valley to the other end very easily, unlike Southern California where the smog not only makes it so you actually can't see across the valley, it hurts your eyes, makes it had to breath, and in some cases it even smells a little. I've heard people may even get diseases, and cancer. Being there and places like it is like smoking without really smoking.

You said you just bought in Golden Valley? You must have been working with a R E Agent. What was it that the real estate agent did that makes you warn us to watch them, so I can be watchful, so everone can?

Did you work with a real estate agent? Didn't the agent tell you the roads were dirt. Them pessky agents, they don't always tell people the roads are dirt.

When did you finally find out the roads didn't have asphalt on them?

I could tell the first time my tires started slinging up dirt that the roads were dirt.

I have to say what I have said before, this is area is the Wild West in almost all the ways except we have cars, Manu Homes, etc.. The area has to be built, THIS IS THE NEW FRONTIER, in being so it has to be built in almost every way. That's what makes this area a great opportunity. One can come here like our forefathers came to so many places through out the country. We can make this a great place.

When you look around you can tell it's the beginnging, not the end. Roads are going in, all be them dirt. Maverick gas station is turning into a store at one end of the valley. There's an RV park and store going in at the west end of the valley. Developers want to put in water companies and treatment plants. (But people try and stop them).

The county and city creat new laws making it harder to build; which keeps people from building, thereby keeping people from paying taxes; which keeps us from having streets. You can't have one person living at the end of one huge long asphalt road.

If you want the end you'll need to go to So. Cal, Orange county, LA, etc., there coming to an end. If you want the things you suggest are missing here, in a way you have to fight for them. Write and call representatives. Fight the cry babies who want no growth, who want dirt roads so they they don't have to pay a couple of dollars in taxes. Fight the cry babies in Kingman who don't want growth either.

When you stop growing you start dying and some people just want to die. Even as I grow older/old, and stop growing, I want things around me to grow. This makes me feel alive, and as if I too am growing. Call your county supervisor, Sockwell about issues. When there are meetings on issues go to them you have just as much right to speak as anyone and you will be heard like everyone. Write Trent Franks on issues, also. I does help, I do it.

I always hope this kinda stuff is helpful!

Last edited by haymann; 12-06-2007 at 02:17 PM..

Old 12-06-2007, 05:49 PM

21,144 posts, read 40,511,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haymann View Post
When you look around you can tell it's the beginnging, not the end. Roads are going in, all be them dirt. Maverick gas station is turning into a store at one end of the valley. There's an RV park and store going in at the west end of the valley. Developers want to put in water companies and treatment plants. (But people try and stop them).
Had to chuckle at Maverik: I remember when they were on the south side of a two lane Hwy 68 where the adult book store is now.

Old 12-09-2007, 04:27 PM

1 posts, read 3,156 times
Default Living in Golden Valley

Riverofwisdom, I currently live in Golden Valley. There are alot of nice properties out there. Not all of it is water haul. I think they usually post in the ad if it is. They started paving more roads a couple years back. The views are panoramic. The sun sets are breath taking. It is hotter than Kingman but I think only by a couple of degrees. Bullhead being the hottest by 10-12 degrees higher than us. If you want to do shopping (grocery or clothes) you have to go to Kingman. Bigger shopping you have to go to Las Vegas, about a 90 min drive. The lake is 20 min away. You are kinda in the middle of things with out having the bigger prices. I don't think the land is allowed to go less than an acre. Not quite sure.

Old 12-09-2007, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicTouch View Post
I've been looking at some property in the Kingman area called Spring Valley Ranches. Can anyone tell me about that area and what the possibilites are for building there?
I know that it's vacant property and yes I am aware that I would have to put in a well and add in the other utilities that I would have to bring in and supply.

Thank you for your assistance!
What is it that you would like to know? It seems like you know the basic's. You should be able to build there. Have the people you're buying from told you anything, there going to get your money they should help you, shouldn't they. Can you give some ideas about what more you would like to know?
What are you looking at there in spring Valley? Do you know how far in it is? What road is it located on? What do you know about the area yourself?

Last edited by haymann; 12-09-2007 at 09:05 PM..

Old 01-30-2008, 10:47 AM

1 posts, read 3,077 times
Do you have any more info on water cost. I'm looking a a place with no well but it does have a water tank. Thanks

Old 02-18-2008, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron065 View Post
Do you have any more info on water cost. I'm looking a a place with no well but it does have a water tank. Thanks
If u haul your own water it's about 25 cents for 75 gallons. Hope this was helpful.
See ya

Old 04-29-2008, 07:23 PM

5 posts, read 15,563 times
The dust in Golden Valley is so bad at times you can not see accross the Valley. In the winter the wood smoke just hangs in the air. But for the most part the dust from the roads are the problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona