Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 01:14 AM

19 posts, read 70,821 times

Advertisements

I heard on the news today the Western Union is going to charge a fee of around 20-25% for people who send their money back across the border. I didn't get the whole story, but I think it's a great idea. Anyone else hear about this? Like I said I didn't get the whole scoop. Any thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2006, 07:13 AM

39,174 posts, read 51,475,081 times
Western Union and other financial services have been exploiting illegals since day one. They charge 10% (more now?) for the transfer and their "agents" in Mexico get another 10% or so by cheating them on the exchange rates. In addition, they get charged high check cashing fees at the check cashing places. See why it is hard to deal with the illegal problem? Far too many companies and political contributers are making big money off of it.

Old 10-26-2006, 07:43 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,703,872 times
I dont think they should be allowed to send it back unless they can prove they are legally here. Illegals send back 56 billion a year!!! Money they usually havent paid any taxes on. Personally I think if they are going to be here illegally the money should be spent here.

Old 10-27-2006, 09:05 PM

226 posts, read 1,001,104 times
Maybe if we keep making life in the US harder for the illegals, they won't come..... stop all the madness.

Old 10-27-2006, 09:08 PM

4,494 posts, read 7,498,125 times
Time to stop paying federal taxes....lol.

Old 10-27-2006, 10:50 PM

4,250 posts, read 10,471,546 times
Well, I don't nearly mind supporting illegals like I do this needless and unnecessary war in Iraq. I REALLY have a problem with my tax dollars being spent on this. Let them wire money back. It's to feed their families and to maybe not live in dirt huts.

When was the last time any of you drove through the little shacks in Tijuana? How can you begrudge anyone of food or shelter, in favor of the senseless crap going on overseas? Good Lord, I think some people need to think long and hard. Let them wire the money back. I'll gladly divert my tax dollars to help them. It's the HUMANE thing to do.

Old 10-28-2006, 12:58 AM

14 posts, read 67,497 times
Back in the 1600's to about 1885 or so the American Indians had a pretty liberal and flexible immigration policy. Worked out real well for them, didn't it? Let us not make the same mistake

Old 10-28-2006, 11:33 AM

84 posts, read 152,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatts_and_scars View Post
Back in the 1600's to about 1885 or so the American Indians had a pretty liberal and flexible immigration policy. Worked out real well for them, didn't it? Let us not make the same mistake
Right!! The non chalance here of some is quite bewildering and alarming. There are some activists who have said literally "we will take Arizona back house by house block by block". Can someone tell me the name of that activist who said that thirteen years ago?
He was on the Matt Lauer show and was talking for about 7 or 8 minutes when he said the usual crap "Well, you know Matt. It is not the illegal immigration it is the color of our skin". I wanted to puke. Matt let him get away with that and didn't even challenge it. So maybe when they get so entrenched here that they have literally taken over in sheer numbers maybe some of you will have a different attitude.
Can't happen? Think again. They have made it perfectly clear they don't give a rat's behind about you, me, our laws, and anything else about America as long as they can subvert it and turn as much of it as they can in to Mexico.

Last edited by humble101; 10-28-2006 at 11:34 AM.. Reason: Wrong word used

Old 10-28-2006, 12:17 PM

4,494 posts, read 7,498,125 times
One thing i don't understand about the whole illegal immigration deal is this-if Mexican nationals (and all nationals from S.American countries too...) come here for the "American Dream"....why not register?....Why short-change themselves?S.S.....Medicare.(ect) Is it blatant disregard?...Do Mexican nationals really feel that the S.W. is their land so they don't have to register/apply to be an American?.

Call me naive but i really don't understand the lack of desire to register.
Why do illegals settle on only having a little bit of the "American Dream".

Old 10-29-2006, 03:56 AM

19 posts, read 70,821 times
Everyone who is a Legal American have paid their dues in some way or another and we have a right NOT to be worried about Social Security or health care, but with the ILLEGALs coming in using out tax dollars for themselves and showing disrespect while doing it, is disgusting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
View detailed profiles of: