Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 01:49 PM

1,570 posts, read 1,379,279 times

Advertisements

Let's try this again: Maybe this will help you.

H2 { margin-bottom: 0.08in; }H2.cjk { font-family: "Droid Sans"; }H2.ctl { font-family: "Lohit Hindi"; }TD P { margin-bottom: 0in; }P { margin-bottom: 0.08in; }A:link { } Redneck Home Security

How to install a redneck home security system:
1. Go to a second-hand store and buy a pair of men's used size 14-16 work boots.
2. Place them on your front porch, along with several empty beer cans, a copy of Guns & Ammo magazine and several NRA magazines.
3. Put a few giant dog dishes next to the boots and magazines.
4. Leave a note on your door that reads: 'Hey Bubba, Big Jim, Duke and Slim, I went to the gun shop for more ammunition. Back in an hour. Don't mess with the pit bulls -- they attacked the mailman this morning and messed him up real bad.I don't think Killer took part in it but it was hard to tell from all the blood. PS - I locked all four of 'em in the house. Better wait outside.'
5. INSTALLATION COMPLETE!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2013, 01:53 PM

5 posts, read 10,052 times
Default how would you rate it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaindrive;3119
I posted that, and I'm not kidding. The nickname for Dolan Springs really is Stolen Things.
so for me, a single person with 3 dogs who does not shoot a gun, I am asking.. how would you rate dolan?
the two most important things to me are.. number one.. safety ,, and number two the friendliness of the town.

i really fell in love with a cute little home in dolan, but i sure don;t want to feel scared, for myself, or my pets.i'm just looking for a nice little place to move too. thank you in advance for your opinon. it really does help put a better perspective on the big picture.

Old 09-19-2013, 12:24 AM

223 posts, read 434,525 times
I love Dolan (in spite of my remark but that's what it's called), but I don't live there, I'm about an hour/hour and a half away. But where I live I'm about an hour from Havasu proper and an hour from Kingman, so the distance is normal for me.

I am a firm believer in attitude. I grew up next to the barrio in San Diego and in all the decades I lived there I never had any problems. I think if you appreciate and enjoy where you're living (and I certainly could be wrong) everything else works itself out.

Dolan isn't really close to anything, so if you're not retired you may have a significant commute to a job.

I think you'd probably be fine there. My biggest concern, if I lived there, would be the drive to Home Depot or Walmart.

I'd feel safe living there, and I'm a woman.

Old 09-20-2013, 05:35 PM

10 posts, read 57,271 times
Thanks for everyone's comments and concerns. Have a retired friend staying there at this time and will be there myself in a few months. It is a quiet little town and after doing 15 years in Vegas I so look forward to being out of the rat race here. I have met some great people there already! I had lived in a rural farming community in Ohio most of my life. Nobody locked the doors when they left the house but times have changed.
Perhaps another question someone could answer is about the free range cattle. Since I have horses and will be riding a lot do these cattle move off when approached? Are the cows with calves aggressive?

Old 09-23-2013, 12:24 PM

thank you for your reply , it sounds like dolan has a lot of potential and having up to date info about the town posted certainly can't hurt , maybe with enough good press it could become a successful little town. thank you again.

Old 09-23-2013, 10:50 PM

223 posts, read 434,525 times
You are certainly welcome.

I hope you're able to acquire the cute little home you fell in love with, and if you can, welcome to the neighborhood!

Old 09-27-2013, 01:09 AM

7,646 posts, read 9,949,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MYDOGSKIP View Post
so for me, a single person with 3 dogs who does not shoot a gun, I am asking.. how would you rate dolan?
the two most important things to me are.. number one.. safety ,, and number two the friendliness of the town.

i really fell in love with a cute little home in dolan, but i sure don;t want to feel scared, for myself, or my pets.i'm just looking for a nice little place to move too. thank you in advance for your opinon. it really does help put a better perspective on the big picture.
I'm sure you will be perfectly safe in Dolan Springs, just don't have a bunch of druggie friends or leave your house alone for long like the OP. You are probably 100 times safer there than anywhere in Vegas, Phoenix or LA.

Personally if you are going to live in No AZ I recommend learning how to use a gun and having one. For one thing we fought to recover our Constitutional right to bear arms here in AZ, and if we don't use it there is no telling what the CA liberals in Tuscon will do in the future to deny us our rights. Also there is no telling when we will have to repel the hordes of CA refugees once that entire state falls apart. I foresee caravans as far as the eye can see of people pushing shopping carts across the desert.

But returning to reality, we often have long distances in the desert or isolated high country, it is only wise to have some from of protection from snakes, (very rare) wild animals, two legged snakes, and possibly for signaling purposes.

Old 09-27-2013, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
I'm sure you will be perfectly safe in Dolan Springs, just don't have a bunch of druggie friends or leave your house alone for long like the OP. You are probably 100 times safer there than anywhere in Vegas, Phoenix or LA.

Personally if you are going to live in No AZ I recommend learning how to use a gun and having one. For one thing we fought to recover our Constitutional right to bear arms here in AZ, and if we don't use it there is no telling what the CA liberals in Tuscon will do in the future to deny us our rights. Also there is no telling when we will have to repel the hordes of CA refugees once that entire state falls apart. I foresee caravans as far as the eye can see of people pushing shopping carts across the desert.

But returning to reality, we often have long distances in the desert or isolated high country, it is only wise to have some from of protection from snakes, (very rare) wild animals, two legged snakes, and possibly for signaling purposes.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
thank you for your input.... i don't have druggie friends, and likely my time would be spent doing volunteer dog rescue work at a place that could use a hand. i do agree with you, that knowing how to use a gun is probably wise, so yes, i would learn as it is the 2 legged snakes that would worry most.

Old 09-28-2013, 07:47 AM

1,077 posts, read 2,084,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MYDOGSKIP View Post
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
thank you for your input.... i don't have druggie friends, and likely my time would be spent doing volunteer dog rescue work at a place that could use a hand. i do agree with you, that knowing how to use a gun is probably wise, so yes, i would learn as it is the 2 legged snakes that would worry most.
The saying "when seconds count, the police are minutes away" is apropos for most of N. AZ and I would suspect VERY appropriate to the area in question.

Old 10-14-2013, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaindrive View Post
You are certainly welcome.

I hope you're able to acquire the cute little home you fell in love with, and if you can, welcome to the neighborhood!
thank you, I hope so too..... i'm doing my best to get there.
living in the city my whole life... never feeling like it was the right place for me.. I can't stand all the noise, and people are just so rude..i wasn't raised that way.. and i don't know when it became almost the norm for rudeness to be alright..
i just can't take it anymore..

i'm curious if anyone out there who may come across this thread currently resides in dolan, and if so, i would be really happy to hear your take on things, and how long you have lived there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona