Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2015, 10:06 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,477,758 times

Advertisements

You can get safety window tint/film against glass breakage too. Not cheap but will take a bat hit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2015, 01:08 PM

11 posts, read 13,630 times
Geese....start raising geese. Them ornery birds will protect your property....just make sure you have someone you know feed them well. They will chase off anything and about the only thing that will kill them is guns or poison, whcih I hope th etweakers wouldn't think of.

I have retired from the electronic security business in Los Angeles and would suggest security sensors in your driveway or other common entrance points (hide them in the trees and shrubs, go wireless) tied to a very loud (140 dB) or better rotating siren and bell, you would do well. Make sure it's on a timeout so that it doesn't become a nuisance to neighbors (Yelling wolf when no wolf is present), but make sure it's loud enough for at least one minute, then resets. This should bring someone around, hopefully sheriffs or kindly, gun-toting neighbors. Cameras work also ... just be sure you have a good back-up power supply, your head end device is well hidden (I gouged out a trough under the house and put it there) and tied to a backup power supply (cheap in a locked steel box, about $200.00). Also, get internet and make sure that ANY alarm or trigger event sends you an EMAIL or calls your cell with an alert.

Nothing worse for a thief than company .. they hate company.

Alliance Protection Service - Protecting Los Angeles since 1977. Retired 2010.

Maybe I should own an alarm/patrol service in the Golden Valley.

Be well and protect yourself.

Old 05-23-2015, 04:18 PM

2,379 posts, read 2,709,785 times
That comment about marksmen is creepy, but apart from that, wouldn't the obvious thing be an alarm system? Or at least a light/motion sensor? Or a sign - I'm told that people sell the signs - saying that the place is monitored by one of the big security companies?

Old 06-09-2015, 03:38 AM

50 posts, read 111,024 times
Leave a cooler with three or four bottles of citric magnesium the green bottles take the labels off
Along with some cheap vodka or whiskey leave it in the cooler with water.the bad guys not being to
Smart will open the citric and mix it with the vodka or whiskey and you will be able to follow them home from the crap the will explode from their butts.I did that once never a a problem again!

Old 06-09-2015, 02:25 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,610,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voebe View Post
That comment about marksmen is creepy, but apart from that, wouldn't the obvious thing be an alarm system? Or at least a light/motion sensor? Or a sign - I'm told that people sell the signs - saying that the place is monitored by one of the big security companies?
Light/motion sensors, alarm system, signs, or whatever else -- will definitely help deter a seemingly endless criminal element. However, there's nothing wrong with people having had some basic training and preparation -- in defense of themselves and property.

If citizens happen to be marksmen or sharpshooters in firearms, or if they're black-belts in martial arts, or experts in any other types of self-defense or weaponry -- all the more power to any person who cares enough to protect themselves as needed.

Last edited by Colt AZ; 06-09-2015 at 03:46 PM..

Old 06-11-2015, 09:57 PM

14 posts, read 23,116 times
You can't make your home break-in proof. Make it less appealing then your neighbors home. Making it looked lived in is big, lots of lights if possible get motion sensitive lights. I've seen motion sensitive noise makers and sprinklers. There are also ways to hook your phone up with a motion detector so you get notified. Best passive option I've seen is a big sign that said "If you can read this, I've already got your picture"

Old 06-11-2015, 10:05 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,477,758 times
In addition to the men's boots leaving a dog bowl out makes them think too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona