Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 04:33 PM

2,809 posts, read 3,195,050 times

Advertisements

All Arizonans are already used to a normal level of embarrassment and stupidity of our extremist GOP legislature, but today Rep. Barton set a new low point. She states that President Obama is like Hitler. Hitler "also started in the communities, with national health care and gun control. You better read your history. ..." Indeed, you better read your history, Representative Barton. The law establishing national health care in Germany dates from 1883 under Chancellor Bismarck. Later Germany became the Weimar Republic and then in 1933 Hitler's Third Reich dictatorship. This puts Hitler 50 years past national health care in Germany.
Another basic fact you do not know is that Hitler was not elected by a majority of the German people while there were still free elections up to 1933. In the last semi-free elections (already influenced by Nazi-controlled police and persecutions) dating from March 1933, Hitler's NSDAP party had 43.9% of votes. This is not a majority. After these elections, there was no more choice (only one party to elect) until past 1945, at least in West Germany.
Your comparison of President Obama and Hitler shows you have no idea about basic facts in world history (yet you state yourself: "You better read your history." Indeed.). You could not have embarrassed Arizona and yourself any more. I hope you apologize immediately to us Arizonans and President Obama. I suggest you read up on basic facts in German history before talking such nonsense ever again.

Old 10-08-2013, 05:21 PM

6,131 posts, read 8,015,796 times
Frankly, I think she should resign. No such luck, I'm sure.

Old 10-08-2013, 05:57 PM

2,809 posts, read 3,195,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
Frankly, I think she should resign. No such luck, I'm sure.
Her statements are as realistic as Fox News reporting that President Obama finances the National Muslim Monument out of his own pocket and they are are an insult to Arizonans' intelligence and the President. It is the final proof that our extremist right wing-nut legislature lives in an alternate reality with its own alternate history.

Old 10-08-2013, 08:49 PM

3,966 posts, read 10,722,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potential_Landlord View Post
All Arizonans are already used to a normal level of embarrassment and stupidity of our extremist GOP legislature, but today Rep. Barton set a new low point. She states that President Obama is like Hitler. Hitler "also started in the communities, with national health care and gun control. You better read your history. ..." Indeed, you better read your history, Representative Barton. The law establishing national health care in Germany dates from 1883 under Chancellor Bismarck. Later Germany became the Weimar Republic and then in 1933 Hitler's Third Reich dictatorship. This puts Hitler 50 years past national health care in Germany.
Another basic fact you do not know is that Hitler was not elected by a majority of the German people while there were still free elections up to 1933. In the last semi-free elections (already influenced by Nazi-controlled police and persecutions) dating from March 1933, Hitler's NSDAP party had 43.9% of votes. This is not a majority. After these elections, there was no more choice (only one party to elect) until past 1945, at least in West Germany.
Your comparison of President Obama and Hitler shows you have no idea about basic facts in world history (yet you state yourself: "You better read your history." Indeed.). You could not have embarrassed Arizona and yourself any more. I hope you apologize immediately to us Arizonans and President Obama. I suggest you read up on basic facts in German history before talking such nonsense ever again.
Have a link, screenshot, or anything? Don't want to take anything out of context.

Old 10-08-2013, 09:08 PM

6,131 posts, read 8,015,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiphead View Post
Have a link, screenshot, or anything? Don't want to take anything out of context.
Arizona lawmaker refers to Obama as 'De Fuhrer' on Facebook

Old 10-09-2013, 01:18 AM

3,941 posts, read 6,751,624 times
It is most unfortunate that this is the only type of news that gets out about our state. My friends in other states always ask if life here is as extreme as the few extremely conservative legislators make it seem. They are shocked when I explain that it is the opposite.

Old 10-09-2013, 02:22 AM

3,966 posts, read 10,722,223 times
Why are these extremists drawn to this state. This isn't California. I just don't get it.

Thank you. lol @ the context of this lady and ALL republicans. Between Mitt Romney and the rest of the republicans, I don't think I've ever seen a president so disrespected. Like I told those shyster republicans, their party will be replaced soon, but they won't be called republicans or democrats.
  • non-interventionism
    balanced budget
    actually care about the people of the United States.

Old 10-09-2013, 09:19 AM

9,603 posts, read 31,779,906 times
GOOD GRIEF, Guys . . . rather "one sided" if you ask me.

Not wanting to turn this ridiculous thread into a "political shouting match", however, if anyone wants to address outrageous, embarrassing statements they need to begin with Nancy Pelosi, Hillary Clinton, Joe Biden and Harry Reid to name just a few.

Brenda Barton is a "lightweight" by comparison and, guess what . . . THEY ARE ALL DEMOCRATS.

Old 10-09-2013, 09:39 AM

4,632 posts, read 12,339,229 times
The Ironic part about this is that Nazism is a right wing ideal based on the perception that they're a superior race. Dictators are a autocratic leader which is additional proof. I agree with the comments here about the rights treatment of Obama. Fox news has gotten out of hand, and really needs to be addressed. I remember watching it one night after we had a tradegy, and they claimed the President and John Boehner called for flags to be flown at half staff. This is known biased reporting and in no way meets the standard of journalism.

Old 10-09-2013, 09:48 AM

17,915 posts, read 43,542,428 times
Let's keep this to the topic, please, or it is no longer appropriate for the Arizona forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona