Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Your favorite bordering state of Arizona
Utah 10 14.29%
Colorado 11 15.71%
New Mexico 9 12.86%
Sonora, Mexico 4 5.71%
California 29 41.43%
Nevada 7 10.00%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 10:23 AM

178 posts, read 605,261 times

Advertisements

I have lived in Arizona, Utah and Colorado and yes I have taken that step from Colorado into Arizona. I also have family living in New Mexico.
I can't really compare one state against another but I can compare scenic places in the states I've been in. If it is late July the most scenic place to be would be at the end of Bright Angel trail on the North Rim of the Grand Canyon about an hour before a thunderstorm. If it is fall, the Kolob Terrace Road north of Virgin, Utah would be a beautiful drive. If it is spring, Granite Mountain Pass southwest of Salome, Arizona would be a great place to see desert wildflowers. Of course Zion, Bryce, Capital Reef and Cedar Breaks in Utah are beautiful places to be. If one is ever in Sedona, Arizona take the Boynton Canyon trail off of Dry Creek Road on the West side of town. I have at least twenty times. As for New Mexico the drive along the backside of the Sandia Mountains from Tijeras to Sandia Park to Madrid and on to Santa Fe is quite scenic.

Colorado.......where do I start? Wow!!! This state has it all. Red rocks, bighorns and high desert to Alpine meadows and mountain peaks. Deep canyons with rivers at the bottom. If I could be anywhere in Colorado right now it would be August first and I would be in Yankee Boy Basin outside of Ouray. My 2nd favorite place would be Lake of the Clouds in the Sangre de Cristo mountain range west of Westcliffe, Colorado.

A favorite state bordering Colorado? It all depends on my mood and the time of year. At this moment it would be Arizona and I would be climbing Bell Rock outside of Sedona. Tomorrow I might want to be in Southwestern Utah in Snow Canyon near St. George. The day after that I may want to be in Madrid, New Mexico or in Ridgway, Colorado looking at the San Juans or the Cimarrons.

This is my view of neighboring states from the Colorado forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2013, 10:27 AM

178 posts, read 605,261 times
I have been all over California and the places I have visited there are beyond counting. I hope to make it to Northern California this summer to visit the Humboldt Redwoods and Redwood National Park.

Old 12-17-2013, 06:19 PM

339 posts, read 833,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caphillsea77 View Post
Do you have a favorable or unfavorable view about Arizona's neighboring states? Which neighboring state do you like the most? Do you ever take vacations excursions or purposeful visits to bordering states of Arizona? Given all the bordering states are quite different than Arizona itself, discuss your opinions on the state and what comes to mind.

Utah
Colorado (I'll include it since it corners AZ)
New Mexico
California
Nevada
Sonora, Mexico

(sorry about the typo on the thread title)
I will say California, the only bad thing is the cost of living there. Plus there are a LOT of California people living here, they all moved FROM California to Arizona because of the cost of living there. Colorado is nice too.

Old 12-18-2013, 11:52 PM

3,378 posts, read 5,013,083 times
New Mexico for me, nothing really beats a Hatch chili pepper!

Old 12-19-2013, 06:06 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,960,478 times
Utah - Best state in the southwest besides Arizona, if only it wasn't full of Mormons...

Colorado - I hear now it really is a "high" state, with legal recreational drug use allowed

New Mexico - Not quite east Cali, but working that way, along with Commierado and Nevadifornia

California - I had to go there over Thanksgiving. Most of my guns are illegal there and the one's that aren't I'm not allowed to carry. Nuff said. Florida has better beaches, Colorado has better mountains, and Arizona has better everything!

Nevada - One step away from being a suburb of Cali.

Sonora, Mexico - I thought everyone from Sonora moved to Phoenix?

Old 12-19-2013, 06:51 PM

10,755 posts, read 23,847,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Utah - Best state in the southwest besides Arizona, if only it wasn't full of Mormons...

Colorado - I hear now it really is a "high" state, with legal recreational drug use allowed

New Mexico - Not quite east Cali, but working that way, along with Commierado and Nevadifornia

California - I had to go there over Thanksgiving. Most of my guns are illegal there and the one's that aren't I'm not allowed to carry. Nuff said. Florida has better beaches, Colorado has better mountains, and Arizona has better everything!

Nevada - One step away from being a suburb of Cali.

Sonora, Mexico - I thought everyone from Sonora moved to Phoenix?
Interesting, you hardly have anything nice to say at all and most of what is said is closed minded with a political chip on shoulder or people you don't like. All these states certainly have a lot more depth than these trite thoughts. Merry Christmas to you sir! You could use a little lightening up.

Old 12-23-2013, 06:25 PM

8,274 posts, read 8,668,432 times
I can honestly say that I never think of neighboring states. There is enough for me here.

Old 12-27-2013, 08:35 PM

3,328 posts, read 2,275,729 times
The only one I've been to is California, where I'm from, so I can't say first-hand about the others. I think they all have neat things to see and do; I just need to get there!

Old 12-30-2013, 12:33 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,968,022 times
California: Lots of fun, decent beaches, Nice cities along the coast (inland reminds me of parts of Phoenix but not in a good way), expensive and slowly taking over the West Coast. (Think Vegas, Phoenix and Denver)

Nevada: LAS VEGAS!!, cool rock and dirt mountains, Lake Mead and better access to parts of Northern Arizona then most Arizonan's have

Colorado: Lived in Denver briefly, Love the Rocky Mountains, the Ski Towns (Vail, Aspen and Breckenridge), wonderful Beer with cool Bar culture, Loved Boulder and Ft. Collins. Denver reminds me of a colder, more banal and more spread out with crazier traffic version of Phoenix.

New Mexico: Loved Santa Fe, love the isolated feeling of the desert flat with distant mountains. Love the Green on Yellow color of large parts of the state. ABQ reminds me of Tucson but being a little nicer and cleaner overall.

Never Been to Utah or Mexico.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona