Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2014, 06:48 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,172 times

Advertisements

I've heard about the wind in Kingman; this winter it's been a mess here in BHC too.

Which town has more wind?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2014, 06:59 PM

1,552 posts, read 6,474,471 times
According to National Weather Service
Kingman has a wind speed avg of 7.8 mph for the past month but so far have not located a BHC average.

Old 01-27-2014, 07:21 AM

4,600 posts, read 6,357,219 times
It always seemed to me to be windier in BHC than what this indicates: Bullhead City, AZ Weather.

Here is another look at BHC: http://weatherspark.com/averages/305...-United-States

Regards
Gemstone1

Old 01-28-2014, 05:58 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,948,076 times
The Bullhead Blast has blown a consistent 45 I think since Labor day. The trees are all leaning south. Sigh.

Old 04-22-2019, 09:28 AM

1 posts, read 1,458 times
Can anyone give me an 2019 update on living in Kingman Arizona. My husband and I are semi retiring and are looking for a nice place to live. We have visited Kingman twice and think it’s so beautiful and I mean beautiful plus the Hualapai mountains are close by for hiking and camping also you have Laughlin, bullhead, Lake Havasu, Vegas, Grand Canyon are all close by. We keep hearing negative info on kingman and it scares us a little bit. We are not of full retirement age just yet and would have to get part time jobs, but I’m more concern with crime and prejudice being overly stimulated in the town, I am aware that there is prejudice and crime everywhere but since this is a small town I just want to make sure that its not overpowering (sorry I couldn’t think of a better word) I just fell in love with kingman it is so beautiful there and I know there isn’t a lot of shopping there but there are near by cities to shop. I did see some less attractive areas but I’m hoping in time better planning will clean it up over time. We have read of people who like Kingman but then someone will counter with Extreme dislike of the town, I just hope people who live there can give me some insight. Also how many sand storms are there a month or year and will they sand blast your skin and car ??

Old 04-23-2019, 07:35 AM

13,211 posts, read 21,823,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wander158 View Post
Can anyone give me an 2019 update on living in Kingman Arizona. My husband and I are semi retiring and are looking for a nice place to live. We have visited Kingman twice and think it’s so beautiful and I mean beautiful plus the Hualapai mountains are close by for hiking and camping also you have Laughlin, bullhead, Lake Havasu, Vegas, Grand Canyon are all close by. We keep hearing negative info on kingman and it scares us a little bit. We are not of full retirement age just yet and would have to get part time jobs, but I’m more concern with crime and prejudice being overly stimulated in the town, I am aware that there is prejudice and crime everywhere but since this is a small town I just want to make sure that its not overpowering (sorry I couldn’t think of a better word) I just fell in love with kingman it is so beautiful there and I know there isn’t a lot of shopping there but there are near by cities to shop. I did see some less attractive areas but I’m hoping in time better planning will clean it up over time. We have read of people who like Kingman but then someone will counter with Extreme dislike of the town, I just hope people who live there can give me some insight. Also how many sand storms are there a month or year and will they sand blast your skin and car ??
There are so many long threads on Kingman in this forum that start out exactly like your post. This is a smallish old desert town that's doesn't change very much from year to year. So a "2019 update" really isn't going to buy you much.

Use the search engine and read the many existing threads on Kingman. Then if you then have any specific questions, ask away and we'll do our best to help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona