Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2014, 06:43 AM

2,919 posts, read 5,806,558 times

Advertisements

Okay just moved to Arizona, but I have to say Im really disappointed with this freedom bill that was just passed. Really shocked and surprised that this was passed considering its a form of discrimination. Correct me Im wrong, but we are all equal, whether black, white, straight, gay, male, female. Way to turn back the hands of time Arizona

Old 02-21-2014, 08:05 AM

4,866 posts, read 11,224,111 times
So you moved to a state that is known to lean conservative and is controlled by a conservative legislature and you're shocked that a bill protecting religious freedom passed?

I think you had unrealistic expectations when you moved here.

Old 02-21-2014, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
So you moved to a state that is known to lean conservative and is controlled by a conservative legislature and you're shocked that a bill protecting religious freedom passed?

Fall back! - I dont care about conservative/democratic/independent BS that is going on in today's politics. What I care about is equal rights for ALL people. Race, Gender, Sexuality should not be a deciding factor in whether or not you can be welcomed into a business.

Old 02-21-2014, 08:10 AM

9,196 posts, read 16,645,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post

Get real. While it will never become law, it's another black eye on AZ making us look like a bunch of bible-thumping hicks. Having to treat people like human beings doesn't threaten anyone's religious freedom. It's nothing more than a modern day Jim Crow law and similar bills have already been trashed in other states. Discrimination does not equal conservatism.

Old 02-21-2014, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
Get real. While it will never become law, it's another black eye on AZ making us look like a bunch of bible-thumping hicks. Having to treat people like human beings doesn't threaten anyone's religious freedom. It's nothing more than a modern day Jim Crow law and similar bills have already been trashed in other states. Discrimination does not equal conservatism.
Agreed.

Old 02-21-2014, 08:16 AM

107 posts, read 201,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastbabe View Post
Okay just moved to Arizona, but I have to say Im really disappointed with this freedom bill that was just passed. Really shocked and surprised that this was passed considering its a form of discrimination. Correct me Im wrong, but we are all equal, whether black, white, straight, gay, male, female. Way to turn back the hands of time Arizona
"REALLY ARIZONA"

You make it sound like everyone in AZ agrees with every single law passed in the state.

If you really thing this being on the books would have any effect on your life what so ever maybe you should "RETHINK ARIZONA"

Still waiting for your reply about my post about "bank teller wages" lol

Old 02-21-2014, 08:19 AM

9,196 posts, read 16,645,144 times
Correction, the kook Brewer may sign it into law and it will then have to be overturned by a federal judge, which it will be, but which costs tax payers money. There's nothing conservative about wasting tax payers' money, although this is a prime example of the growing divide among fiscal conservatives and the so-called social conservatives.

Old 02-21-2014, 08:20 AM

What a selfish attitude some of you have...The law doesnt affect me personally, as I am a heterosexual female. But for the a LBGT community, its a slap in the face..... I have plenty of friends in the LBGT community that are outraged at this bill, and as well they should be. It's about equal rights for all people, not just some. What really surprises me some days is that some people(NOT ALL) people still have a sense of entitlement. Im sorry I thought we we all all the same with the same equal rights.

Old 02-21-2014, 08:24 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,743,772 times
If the bill becomes law you can expect another round of boycotts. Some of us have lived here long enough to remember when the Super Bowl was cancelled.

This has to do with bigotry, not religious freedom. The frightening thing is that not a single GOP legislator had the courage to vote against this thing.

Old 02-21-2014, 08:25 AM

4,866 posts, read 11,224,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
Chill out and quit twisting my words again, nothing for me to "get real" about. I said nothing of my view on the subject which happens to align with yours. I was simply commenting on her moving to a state that is known to lean conservative and pass bills along these lines (remember SB1070?) and then she makes a post titled "Really Arizona!" like she never seen it coming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona