Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2014, 11:19 AM

2,919 posts, read 5,818,053 times

Advertisements

It is just a bad reflection for the state...what happened to diversity and inclusion?

Old 02-21-2014, 11:27 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,270,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
I support free enterprise.
Should someone be able to buy the plot next to you, turn it into a bar that caters to teens and operates 24 hours a day while blaring loud music?

It's their business right, they should be able to do what they want ..... free enterprise and all.............

Old 02-21-2014, 11:29 AM

1,665 posts, read 2,956,848 times
I am tired of the militant wing of the LGBT community trying to force me to agree with their lifestyle choices.
I can accept they have to right to live their life in peace but their lifestyle is not accepted in the Bible and so I will never accept it.
To force me to do things that violate my religious convictions is to discriminate against me and rob me of my right to live in peace.
The Bible calls adulterous actions sin and calls homosexuality acts sin so I cannot condone either one.

Old 02-21-2014, 11:31 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,764,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Madolf View Post
So, when you called your state senator's office what was their response?
All 3 of my representatives were against this. One was in a big picture on the front page of the Republic this morning speaking against it. It's the people in the suburbs and beyond that keep electing these morons.

Old 02-21-2014, 11:53 AM

17,915 posts, read 43,533,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
The bill essentially expands the religious exemptions to anti-discrimination laws to include a very broad base on very broad terms - it's a joke and absolutely embarassing that it has made it this far

Even Kansas had enough sense to kill their bill
Nine out of the ten states that had this sort of bill in their legislature in the last year rejected it or have not acted on it.. Arizona being, once again, the notorious exception.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-s...ield-not-sword

Old 02-21-2014, 11:53 AM

9,197 posts, read 16,701,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by autism360 View Post
I am tired of the militant wing of the LGBT community trying to force me to agree with their lifestyle choices.
I can accept they have to right to live their life in peace but their lifestyle is not accepted in the Bible and so I will never accept it.
To force me to do things that violate my religious convictions is to discriminate against me and rob me of my right to live in peace.
The Bible calls adulterous actions sin and calls homosexuality acts sin so I cannot condone either one.
LOL, good one. You could have used a sarcasm font though. Someone may take you seriously.

Old 02-21-2014, 11:56 AM

2,852 posts, read 4,516,149 times
Quote:
Your opinion, which you have a right to but there is a flip side to the argument.

I am tired of the militant right wing trying to force me to agree with what they believe is moral which fits their personal religious beliefs.

To force me and other people to do things that violate civil rights and go against humanity in general is to discriminate and rob people of their right to live in peace.

The Bible pertains mainly to the Christian religion.

Not everyone in this state or this country is a Christian, and there are certainy many Christians who do not adhere to all the scriptures except the ones they conveniently agree with.

Old 02-21-2014, 12:12 PM

2,919 posts, read 5,818,053 times
Quote:
Dude - I get you...I myself am also a Christian (United Methodist Faith). And you're right..Biblically speaking this lifestyle is not condoned in the bible....But, I also have friends that choose to live that lifestyle, as a dear friend I respect their choice. They are not forcing me to live their type of lifestyle. You have to learn to respect other people's choices, whether you agree or disagree. I do criticize them or seek to disparage them because of a lifestyle choice.

Old 02-21-2014, 12:24 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,731,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbenjamin View Post
All 3 of my representatives were against this. One was in a big picture on the front page of the Republic this morning speaking against it. It's the people in the suburbs and beyond that keep electing these morons.
This one was introduced by a legislator in the East Valley suburbs, which are like the "stans" of Phoenix, where politics and religion are basically two different names that refer to the same thing.

Old 02-21-2014, 12:40 PM

1,846 posts, read 2,050,072 times
I never realized that Arizona was such a right leaning state. Makes me want to reconsider my summer trip since I am not a white guy and don't want to be pestered by these scumbag state border patrols I keep hearing about! I don't think I could keep my cool dealing with those cretin without punching them in the face. I am surprised the ACLU hasn't shut them down!

The whole right wing and tea party have really made me lose faith in America. I don't see those tea party retards in any different light then I see the Taliban. Same thing! They would be cutting off heads if they could get away with it.

Funny thing is I don't really care too much for the gay rights issue. Doesn't really appeal to me considering I am a straight guy that personally doesn't believe it's right but on the level of Government policy I believe to let them live and let live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona