Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2014, 10:27 AM

1 posts, read 1,053 times

Advertisements

Moving my family this summer from the cold and wind of Idaho. I lived in Tucson for 2 years a long time ago but loved it so it influenced my choices of where we are looking.
We do like smaller cites (10-50,000 pop) and are coming from mountains. We have been looking into the areas of the state that are not the extreme desert of Phoenix/Tucson but not Flagstaff. definitely middle ground for temperatures. Areas considering: Between Flagstaff and Phoenix - Prescott Valley to Sedona or over by Payson.
Job is not necessary for me(widow) but my teens do. Housing between $150-$250,000 to buy a house. Would love some land but not necessary.

Any suggestions for those areas? Thanks for all your help in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2014, 08:05 AM

2,672 posts, read 2,721,848 times
I think Tucson would be a very nice fit with the University of Arizona, Pima Community College and two teens. Jobs for teens in Tucson shouldnt be too difficult to find. There are still quite a few houses outside Tucson in areas like Marana and Sahuarita that would be in your price range. There are also still some close in in Tucson that are in your price range. I dont think if I was a teenager I would want to be living in a rural area. Tucson has public transportation along most of the main streets. If you think Tucson is too warm you also might consider Sierra Vista along with the Prescott area. I would be inclined to pick Tucson and tough out the heat for a few years until the kids move out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona