U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2014, 04:10 AM

50 posts, read 87,436 times

Advertisements

They say their drilling for CO2 and thinking of building a900 mile pipe line to Texas for it.Guess people in TX just inhale and never exhale ? What is the CO 2 used for?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2014, 03:08 PM

1 posts, read 1,274 times

My fiance and I are in the process of buying some land north of St. Johns. I recently became aware of the Kinder Morgan CO2 pipeline and wells. I am deeply concerned. I am aware of the dangers of fracking - how is drilling for CO2 different? Still the same dangers of contaminated ground water?
Does anyone know where they will drill these new wells?
If we own land can they simply drill on our property since we don't own the mineral rights?
Any updated info is appreciated!!!!

Old 05-30-2014, 10:22 AM

22,973 posts, read 24,138,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaloaTombi View Post

My fiance and I are in the process of buying some land north of St. Johns. I recently became aware of the Kinder Morgan CO2 pipeline and wells. I am deeply concerned. I am aware of the dangers of fracking - how is drilling for CO2 different? Still the same dangers of contaminated ground water?
Does anyone know where they will drill these new wells?
If we own land can they simply drill on our property since we don't own the mineral rights?
Any updated info is appreciated!!!!
Well, if it's in fact Co2 the worst case is if it leaks into the water supply you'll have a soda fountain coming out of your faucets and spigots, get some syrup and start bottling.
Sorry, couldn't resist...

Old 05-30-2014, 08:41 PM

31,304 posts, read 29,624,938 times
And if its fracking fluids of toxic chemicals mixed with the water that is forced under pressure to cause the fracking there might be cause for alarm. Not all of the fracking fluids are or can be removed when they finish drilling the well. Any toxic chemicals left underground have the potential chance of moving into an aquifer or water well and cause contamination. Whatever water well is tapped into that aquifer may have suffer from contamination and unusable water.

Old 07-04-2014, 04:19 PM

Question CO2 thats what their drilling for when I think of CO2 I think of dry ice or the gas that comes out of my cars tail pipe and if there's to much my car flunks emission test? From what I have found on the net they have leased drilling rights to 6000 acres in the area for about 168 wells.So is this gas a green house gas?What is it used for in the oil refining industry also what would happen if there were a large leak in a valley or near a home since you can't see it or smell it could you suffocate from it while sleeping or drive into it in your car it would stop and I guess so would you. Lastly what's it worth/ value tax wise for Apache County and the State of Arizona City of St Johns? Especially the City of St Johns since they could have water problems down the road.They should incorporate the areas where drilling will be taking place into their city and impose a special tax to cover their butts just in case.

Old 07-06-2014, 11:02 AM

604 posts, read 791,864 times
"When drilling they use a cement casing put into the ground from the top down, this cement casing cracks (at times) and allows the fracking water with chemicals to leak out into the nearby water table. Also when extracting the natural gas during the process can also leak out into the water table. Pollution to the underground water seems to be a common issue with fracking."

There is a lot of mis information in this quote from above. There is no cement casing placed down in these drills. I worked in the oil fields of North Dakota for a while and am very familiar with the process. Also, to use the EPA as a source on anything environmental is a bit one sided. That agency is based on unfounded fears of taxpayers for their funding. If they want money and power they have to keep the fear fires stoked.

I am coming to believe the old cliche that environmentalists are like watermelons, green on the outside and red inside.

Old 07-06-2014, 12:57 PM

3,300 posts, read 3,972,669 times
"to use the EPA as a source on anything environmental is a bit one sided. That agency is based on unfounded fears of taxpayers for their funding. If they want money and power they have to keep the fear fires stoked".....

Not sayin' it hasn't happened, but I'd be interested in reading of evidence where the EPA has erred in favor of the public. They are one of the federal agencies most corrupt by big money.....IMO of course...

EPA and big money

More influence

Alphabetical Listing of Firms Lobbying the Environmental Protection Agency Epa

Three out of every four lobbyists who represent oil and gas companies previously worked in the federal government

Regards
Gemstone1

Old 07-08-2014, 08:59 PM

1,906 posts, read 1,926,699 times
gemstone1, I believe you and GeneR are actually on the same page . . . .

Old 07-10-2014, 11:47 PM

So what is the co2 used for? Why go through all the expense drilling building a 800 mile pipe line for something that comes out of most smoke stacks for free ?

Old 08-19-2015, 09:28 AM
Status: "We're all broken, that's how the light gets in." (set 14 days ago)

55,811 posts, read 44,201,188 times
I've lived around fracking for most of my life and never experienced any of those things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona