Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2014, 11:51 AM

1,551 posts, read 3,649,638 times

Advertisements

I'm kind of bored with all the negativity on this forum lately so I'm just going to throw this out there.
I hopped on my motorcycle with a few friends this weekend and took a ride. We went from East Mesa, past Saguaro Lake, up the Beeline Highway to Payson, continued through Pine and Strawberry, on to Camp Verde/Cottonwood, up to Jerome, then took that incredible road (hwy 89A) over to Prescott and we stayed the night there. We visited Whiskey Row for a few hours, had a wonderful italion dinner and Rosa's and even had a few drinks at some of the watering holes there. The next morning, we rode from Prescott back through Jerome and on to the red rocks of Sedona, up Oak Creek Canyon and then back home through Payson.
What an incredibly diverse state this is. I'm amazed almost everywhere I go at how beautiful this place really is. In the span of a little over an hour, we went from the desert floor to the pine covered forests of Payson and Strawberry. In less than an hour after that, we were enjoying the beauty of the Sedona Valley near Cottonwood and withing a short ride from there, we were able to check out Jerome and head on to Prescott.
In the span of about 3 hours or so, we went from the desert floor to mountains to high desert to high mountains and back to high desert.
What a great trip and incredible views the entire way.

Anyway, nothing of great importance with this thread other than to say Arizona is a wonderful place and I truly love calling this place home. I've lived here 3 years now and it still is as new and exciting as my first day here.

Carry on with all the typical arguments here. Politics, heat, critters that will get you, haboobs, horrible weather, etc. I'll be here on the sidelines enjoying the day.

CYA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2014, 12:31 PM

4,611 posts, read 6,385,954 times
No disagreement here, my thoughts exactly. If I didn't like it here I'd find another place to go.

On your next ride, try going east to Safford, with a side trip up Mt Graham, then up 191 thru Clifton, Hannigan Meadow, Alpine, Springerville, catch 60 to Greer, Show Low, back down to Globe thru the Salt River Canyon and back to Phoenix.

I just wish there was somewhere to ride around Yuma...

Old 05-12-2014, 08:02 PM

1,665 posts, read 2,950,327 times
I want to live here the rest of my life. I only regret not moving here sooner.

Old 05-12-2014, 09:42 PM

122 posts, read 720,045 times
Two of my favorite rides are on 89A and the Beeline Highway in my convertible.

Old 05-12-2014, 09:46 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,661,420 times
Sounds amazing. I rarely rode my bike in MI and have loved getting out on it here. There's really nothing like it. I hope to take a similar ride soon. Thanks for sharing!

Old 05-13-2014, 09:54 AM

1,551 posts, read 3,649,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
Sounds amazing. I rarely rode my bike in MI and have loved getting out on it here. There's really nothing like it. I hope to take a similar ride soon. Thanks for sharing!
It was a fabulous ride. All of it was very scenic but one road in particular bested all others. For the sheer joy of being on a bike, the road from Jerome over the mountain to Prescott was incredible. It rises from the desert floor up to Jerome, up and up with lots of twisties, many turnouts to look down upon the Sedona valley in the distance. Way up to well over 7,000 feet and finally you reach the top before descending down to Prescott Valley. What an incredible ride. Be sure to bring your camera.

Old 05-13-2014, 10:33 AM

2,338 posts, read 4,722,417 times
On sunday I was up in Valle. Seeing snow flurries and 38 degrees with a stiff wind. Diverse indeed.

Old 05-13-2014, 11:34 AM

105 posts, read 228,149 times
Have driven or ridden motorcycle on most Arizona Highways at least once over the last 30 years. Hay, great name for a magazine. Plan to become a resident when I retire. Love the state.

Old 05-14-2014, 03:20 PM

2,926 posts, read 3,099,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemstone1 View Post
No disagreement here, my thoughts exactly. If I didn't like it here I'd find another place to go.

On your next ride, try going east to Safford, with a side trip up Mt Graham, then up 191 thru Clifton, Hannigan Meadow, Alpine, Springerville, catch 60 to Greer, Show Low, back down to Globe thru the Salt River Canyon and back to Phoenix.
x2, but change what is underlined to Eagar, catch 260. . .

Old 05-15-2014, 07:15 AM

4,611 posts, read 6,385,954 times
"catch 260"....yes, that'll teach me not to use my memory...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona