Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2007, 03:31 PM

3 posts, read 5,483 times

Advertisements

The people on here have been very helpful by answering all of my questions.I learned alot about phoenix just by reading the new post. The other day I ran into an old friend that just moved back to Fl from the Yuma area he said it was alright living there and he will be moving back after he takes care of some personal family business. Okay I am asking for help one more time from you guys and girls. Question is and I hate asking these kind of question but I need to know how most people feel so here it is What area would be more race friendly phoenix or yuma. Will it be easy to find work in yuma as a cook or auto sales position. Can I find a two bedroom apartment there for around $650 no more than $800 a month. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2007, 07:24 PM

38 posts, read 152,454 times
<< What area would be more race friendly phoenix or yuma. Will it be easy to find work in yuma as a cook or auto sales position >>

I don't know what race you are but I don't see a race problem in Yuma. We are over half Hispanic, most of the blacks are military (widely loved), and I'll bet half our docs are Asian. I'm going to say Yuma'd be a good place for a cook because we've got a bizillion restaurants per capita. Honestly, I don't know the figure but it's always touted as high. There isn't a heck of a lot of nitelife here, so eating out is big, even among families of modest means. Marines obviously like an alternative to the mess hall and the snowbirds are here now packing the popular restaurants. Yuma sells a LOT of cars for a small town and the good salespeople make buckets of money, but I don't know how easy those jobs are to come by as most of the dealerships are family-owned. Marry in? I know a gal at work pays $700/month for a one bedroom apt in a nice complex so is moving to a not-so-nice complex.

Old 12-20-2007, 11:48 PM

72 posts, read 253,011 times
Yuma is a great pit stop between Phoenix and San Diego (hence the many restaurants).

There is also a bit of interesting history in Yuma.

I don't know where to find employment online for Yuma, sorry.

Old 12-21-2007, 07:06 AM

443 posts, read 2,134,846 times
You should do just fine in Yuma.. PLENTY of jobs for cooks as a poster mentoined resaurants are big there. Apartments are pretty cheap and I am almost positve you'll find something in your budget. As for the race question I think you'll be fine too. I never saw any racial tension there.

Good luck!

Old 01-08-2008, 10:08 PM

3 posts, read 10,222 times
Default Teaching Jobs in Yuma??

Can anyone tell me where to locate teaching jobs in Yuma? I keep hearing they are hurting for teachers there, but I can't find any jobs posted anywhere!

Old 01-08-2008, 10:22 PM

1,650 posts, read 3,863,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel magnolia View Post
Can anyone tell me where to locate teaching jobs in Yuma? I keep hearing they are hurting for teachers there, but I can't find any jobs posted anywhere!
I am a teacher in Yuma. I do have to warn you that many teachers in this town aren't happy. Very few schools here have mentoring programs for first year teachers. My first year of teaching I was given the key to my classroom and expected to know everything. Teachers aren't supported here. I actually temporarily lost my health insurance because of a problem with my certification that I was unaware of. Also, teacher pay here in Yuma is lower than many parts of Arizona. If you do decide to move to Yuma, do not take a teaching job in Somerton. Somerton is 10 miles from the Mexican border. When I worked there, my students would tell me that they would misbehave because I was white and didn't speak Spanish. My principal did nothing about it.

Old 01-08-2008, 11:27 PM

44,619 posts, read 61,571,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel magnolia View Post
Teaching and other Education Jobs from Arizona
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona