U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2015, 08:16 PM

1,486 posts, read 1,823,922 times

Advertisements

Ajo is a bit far from everything...
But some folks like it that way off course. I love Benson and there are many great deals.
About the mobile homes for sale, furnished. My guess is, the owner(s) died, and the family is not interested in taking care/paying the lot rent, and it becomes the MH park property? Just a guess, but it makes sense to me.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2015, 08:24 PM

660 posts, read 818,450 times
I don't know about non-Apartment living, but... here in Glendale this is our expenses:

$520 a month for a pretty spacious one-bedroom apartment on the ground floor.
$77 a month for internet
$50-$80 a month for electricity
$200 a month for groceries

All other things are luxuries like $60 a month on gas to drive to and from work, $67 a month on the cellphone bill, etc. that kind of thing. The water and trash is included in the rent so are the taxes. If two people can manage on about $1,100 a month on bills and have enough left over for a date or two every month, then it's doable. However, we're also young so we don't need hospital visits that much. I hope you have Medicare to back you up...

Old 03-03-2015, 11:01 AM

8,776 posts, read 10,502,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SjRick View Post
Congrats on your home. When looking at the mobile home videos they are surrounded by other homes. I guess it is just something i would have to get used to i suppose. You are right about them going quickly, i saw one that was perfect for me, however, im still working for 3 more years,,lol so i have to stop looking.

You are right about not forcing myself into a box when i do have other options out there. Theres way more youtube videos out there for various towns in the area. I did look at Cottonwood, but it doesnt appeal to me. Its kind of like a ghost town.

The one thing i did like was the 75 mph speed limit. lol However some roads dont have shoulders to drive on to in case of emergency, I find that dangerous. Plus with all the distances between towns i most likely will have to get a car good on gas.
Thanks! I'm looking forward to closing and moving in!

If you saw videos of the 55+ parks then, yes, they are closely surrounded. In the Verde Village area there are some that are and some that aren't. A lot of them do have large lots and the two I looked at there did. It seems like the closer you get to town the closer the homes are built.

Cottonwood? A "ghost town"?? lol Hardly. You'll have to post some of the videos you've seen of Cottonwood so I can see what you saw.

Don't know about the road shoulders but can't say I've ever thought about it much. I've seen plenty of cars pulled over though so I guess there's enough room. Sedona and Camp Verde are both 15 or 16 miles from Cottonwood. There are a lot of people who drive those roads to work and back every day. Jerome is half that distance. Flagstaff and Prescott, yes, both about an hour away. It takes my car a 1/4 tank to do either drive round trip. That includes the running around I do while there too, of course. I admit that I rarely go to any of those places because I have everything I need right here.

Old 03-03-2015, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Jackpot View Post
Wow that looks like a great value! To be so close to the Valley and those other hot spots! I guess I've never really looked at housing costs outside of the The Valley and Tucson (where I've lived)

I'm increasingly getting an itch to get out of the big city but stay in Arizona. I like The Valley but these places look tempting.... and you can still head down to Phoenix as you say it's not too far. I really need to take a visit and see more of this state outside of our PHX/Tucson. The Bullhead City/Kingman area I've been too looked pretty interesting as well as well as part of Southern AZ south of Tucson. But I haven't seen too much in between and I need to. We have so much to offer and see in Arizona!
One of many reasons I love the Verde Valley. You really need to come up and explore. I feel sorry for the people who come here on vacation, spend three days and gone. They don't get to see/do much of anything. Out of Africa, Verde Canyon Railroad and, of course, a 'tour' of Sedona. There are a lot of places that I really like in the state. Tucson is one but mostly south of Tucson. Reminds me a lot of the Verde Valley but more weather! They get some really fantastic Monsoon action. lol

Old 03-03-2015, 04:20 PM

4,254 posts, read 9,900,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
Thanks! I'm looking forward to closing and moving in!

If you saw videos of the 55+ parks then, yes, they are closely surrounded. In the Verde Village area there are some that are and some that aren't. A lot of them do have large lots and the two I looked at there did. It seems like the closer you get to town the closer the homes are built.

Cottonwood? A "ghost town"?? lol Hardly. You'll have to post some of the videos you've seen of Cottonwood so I can see what you saw.

Don't know about the road shoulders but can't say I've ever thought about it much. I've seen plenty of cars pulled over though so I guess there's enough room. Sedona and Camp Verde are both 15 or 16 miles from Cottonwood. There are a lot of people who drive those roads to work and back every day. Jerome is half that distance. Flagstaff and Prescott, yes, both about an hour away. It takes my car a 1/4 tank to do either drive round trip. That includes the running around I do while there too, of course. I admit that I rarely go to any of those places because I have everything I need right here.
Congratulations on your new home az desert brat!!!

Old 03-04-2015, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventuregurl View Post
Congratulations on your new home az desert brat!!!
Thank you! I'm just waiting for closing. It went really fast at first and now just coasting. lol Hopefully on, or before, Mar. 26th.

Old 08-22-2015, 03:26 AM

3 posts, read 2,556 times
Hmmm... this thread has been quiet since March. I'm curious, Rick did you visit in June? and if so what were your thoughts and or impressions? I'm also trying to plan for a future retirement, looks like roughly four years for me. I expect to visit next year in May. I'll be looking at small plots from .5 up to 5 acres with thoughts of a manufactured/modular home being purchased. I'll start by looking in the Rio Rico/Sierra Vista area. What are folks thoughts on a married couple living on $2300 a month in those areas? Any input would be appreciated.

Old 08-22-2015, 11:35 AM

16 posts, read 29,337 times
I will be going out 2 years before i retire. I plan on going out in June of next year. I have to stop looking at the community mobile homes because i fall in love with so many. So i had to stop looking. lol. Im currently caring for my sister who is very sick. So the whole retirement discussion is quiet for now. But i am still active when i get time.

Most likely i will be looking close at the 55+ developments. Since they are perhaps the most reasonable cost wise. But i am open for anything. Id like to work, so being close enough to a larger town is helpful. I never realized how spread out everything is out there. I live in South jersey and Im 15 min from Philly and 45 from Atlantic City. Az will be a change.

Lee do you guys have kids living with you when you come out? 2300 a month is kinda where i will be. But i live alone and im looking to get a home for myself and one for my sister. They are reasonable enough to buy two.

Old 08-22-2015, 12:41 PM

hey Lee i just saw this when i googled Rio Rico. Just wanted to pass it along. You may have already seen it.

Rio Rico - Information, please!!

Old 08-22-2015, 04:13 PM

But i would want to be hooked up to public water and sewer. Im not an outdoors kinda guy. Great ideas though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona