Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2015, 12:04 PM

1 posts, read 987 times

Advertisements

Hi, I filed for unemployment and was awarded benifits because my employor failed to respond to the initial claim during the time frame allowed. After about 45 days I get a letter in the mail saying they are now appealing it. I call to register for my court proceeding that will be done over the phone TODAY and find out that the employor sent in exhitbits that they wanted to use but never bothered to send to me so I had no clue what they were trying to use against me. Well today was out phone hearing and after the judge allowed extra time for them, they were a no show. Now what happens. The judge said they can still refile and show just cause why they didn't show but this makes no sence because the didn't respond to contest this in the first place and had a time frame to do so and are allowed to still proceed. How is this allowed aren't there laws that they to have to follow and have to be held responsiable to up hold as we are. And what do I do now and how do I prepare for the next hearing if they request it if they never bothered to send me what they are trying to use against me. HELP
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2015, 12:31 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,427,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by upsetempolyee View Post
Hi, I filed for unemployment and was awarded benifits because my employor failed to respond to the initial claim during the time frame allowed. After about 45 days I get a letter in the mail saying they are now appealing it. I call to register for my court proceeding that will be done over the phone TODAY and find out that the employor sent in exhitbits that they wanted to use but never bothered to send to me so I had no clue what they were trying to use against me. Well today was out phone hearing and after the judge allowed extra time for them, they were a no show. Now what happens. The judge said they can still refile and show just cause why they didn't show but this makes no sence because the didn't respond to contest this in the first place and had a time frame to do so and are allowed to still proceed. How is this allowed aren't there laws that they to have to follow and have to be held responsiable to up hold as we are. And what do I do now and how do I prepare for the next hearing if they request it if they never bothered to send me what they are trying to use against me. HELP
Let the Office of Appeals know that you did not get the exhibits they sent in, and would like copies, in case you need them in the future. You can call, but I'd also send a letter. Yes, there is a proceeding called a good cause hearing in which a party who did not appear can try to show that they had a good reason for not appearing. If they ask for that, you will get a hearing notice in the mail. That hearing should ONLY be about why they didn't show up. You can look up the regulations that talk about what is "good cause" for not showing up. Claimants like yourself can ask for good cause hearings too, if they miss a hearing. It's not just for the employer. But, they may not ask for it.. you will just have to wait and see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona