Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2015, 10:22 AM

8 posts, read 8,391 times

Advertisements

Child Poverty in Arizona | Geography Arizona

A safe haven for abused and neglected children recently opened its doors in Phoenix. Poverty is considered one of the best predictors of child neglect. Here, I 've mapped out which areas in AZ/Phoenix contain the highest percentage of children in poverty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2015, 10:51 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,894,669 times
Oh please. That's an ignorant article.

The only people in far northern Mohave county is the Warren Jeffs polygamist clan, and they get all kinds of state aid. As do the indians. Hike into Supai. It's beautiful. I'd LOVE to live there in a govt built home surrounded by the majesty of the Grand Canyon. If it wasn't reservation there'd be million dollar homes!

There's almost nobody living between Payson and Pine Top or in Heber. It's a retirement area. Move to a city and get a job if living in the bush is too poor. Same thing between the I-8 and I-10, it's empty desert. Don't want to be poor, move. It is never going to be Beverly Hills.

The red areas in the east are also largely uninhabitated or reservations with occasional small rural towns. In the north are reservations, yes Kayenta and Chinle are depressed, those areas definately there are at risk kids. Reservations are Federal responsibility, don't blame AZ.

The red areas of Phoenix are offspring of illegal aliens for the most part. Go home.

There, problem solved.

Sorry, don't mean to sound like a heartless bigot, but sheesh. This article is just wrong. I live in Bullhead City - NOW you are talking about kids living in poverty, drugs and around criminal elements. Send us money, jobs and beer!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona