Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2015, 09:01 PM

2,653 posts, read 3,053,206 times

Advertisements

As I see it, our State's conservative politics have the effect of keeping very stupid people out of our state. They reflexively think Arizona means "hate" and "bigotry", but they are sorely misled.

Who else feels uneducated, undesirable, and ignorant people are kept out of our State by our conservative politics?? Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2015, 09:42 PM

1,112 posts, read 4,001,700 times
Thank you for sharing your (WRONG WRONG WRONG) opinion.

Old 07-22-2015, 10:09 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,970,568 times
Disagree our politics do nothing except hold us back from our true potential.

Ducey shouldn't be governor
Mark Brnovich shouldn't be Attorney General
The ACC shouldn't have been purchased by APS
SB 1070 shouldn't have happened
SB 1062 shouldn't have happened
The MLK Day debacle shouldn't have happened
Arpaio has proven how ridiculous MCSO has become
Diane Douglas is clearly unqualified to be our Superintendent
We continue to fund Private Prisons
We continue to allow unprecedented unmitigated sprawl and praise it while other cities catch on to modern interests and hint they aren't what we do
And most importantly our colleges have gone from cheap to amongst the most expensive in 5 years!

Our politics are embarrassing and have held back endless potential and squandered us to a laughingstock I do not praise any of it.

Old 07-22-2015, 10:13 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,234,184 times
California is right next door and they have plenty of loons on the left for you guys. Maybe you should give it a try.

Old 07-22-2015, 10:33 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,970,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
California is right next door and they have plenty of loons on the left for you guys. Maybe you should give it a try.
I hate this attitude. For those that have a stake in a community what our politics do only hold us back. This is the equivalent to "If you don't like it leave!". This is an Unamerican attitude and rather dumb world outlook, we are founded on making sure we all have a say.

Old 07-22-2015, 10:53 PM

975 posts, read 1,406,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
I hate this attitude. For those that have a stake in a community what our politics do only hold us back. This is the equivalent to "If you don't like it leave!". This is an Unamerican attitude and rather dumb world outlook, we are founded on making sure we all have a say.
I hate this attitude too. However, unfortunately, it seems relatively prevalent in modern American discourse.

Old 07-22-2015, 10:56 PM

975 posts, read 1,406,293 times
Quote:

We continue to allow unprecedented unmitigated sprawl and praise it while other cities catch on to modern interests and hint they aren't what we do
And most importantly our colleges have gone from cheap to amongst the most expensive in 5 years!

Our politics are embarrassing and have held back endless potential and squandered us to a laughingstock I do not praise any of it.
As long as the Koch brothers are happy, that's all that matters.

Unfortunately, Arizona has miserable voter turnout (even though voting here is so easy with all of the mail ballots) and the people here that do vote tend to be most concerned with ending illegal immigration, continued tax cuts, and defeating Obama.

Old 07-22-2015, 11:01 PM

30,472 posts, read 19,236,406 times
Lowers the population of stupid do nothing freeloaders but also a lot of brilliant creative thinkers as well. Conservatives are mostly middle class and that's what is prevalent in Arizona.

Old 07-22-2015, 11:15 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,478,202 times
Quote:

Shouldn't/should have/couldn't/could have on just about anything in life....then there's reality. What is. And btw, I've known many people from other states over the years and they gripe the same way on why their politics are just as "embarrassing", at least in their view.

Quote:
Well, you may indeed "hate" being asked to perhaps take a look at CA because they may have more of your taste politically, but I think it's a realistic/good suggestion. Why get worked up over what you can't control? Besides your one vote, or the possibility of you running for office, things are what they are.

CA is a state that has politics/approaches that I think most would agree overall are quite different than AZ and I think would most likely take the opposite approach on your "shouldn't" list above. And to see another side, look where that has got them with their own population over the decades:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/15/up...ia-exodus.html

"Over the last few decades, millions of Californians have left the Golden State for opportunities elsewhere.

According to census data compiled by my colleague Rob Gebeloff, the Pacific Northwest and fast growing Sunbelt states like Texas, Arizona and Nevada have attracted a disproportionate share of ex-Californians."

The point is many people are fed up with CA for certain reasons the same way you don't like many aspects of AZ. But instead of complaining, they moved on. And for them, escaping to AZ is enough of a relief for them to settle here.

And back to the main suggestion that I think is a good one to you.....if politics/the way things are handled in Phoenix or AZ as a whole are that much of an issue for you in a negative way, I don't think it's bad advice to suggest to someone like you to give serious thought to move on to another state with a better match in things that are important to you in your life.

Old 07-22-2015, 11:28 PM

2,653 posts, read 3,053,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Lowers the population of stupid do nothing freeloaders but also a lot of brilliant creative thinkers as well. Conservatives are mostly middle class and that's what is prevalent in Arizona.
And what is your reference in making this false claim? Yes, Hollywood liberals wouldn't want to live in Arizona, but new entrepreneurs would certainly like the lower tax, less intrusive government of AZ vs. CA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona