U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2015, 11:03 AM

17,824 posts, read 38,685,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
Speaking of television, it is a bit strange that Nielsen refuses to split Pinal County between the Phoenix and Tucson DMAs. As far as I know, there are only nine counties nationwide that Nielsen has split between two different DMAs:

• El Dorado County, California (Sacramento and Reno DMAs)
  • Kern County, California (Bakersfield and Los Angeles DMAs)
  • Riverside County, California (Los Angeles and Palm Springs DMAs)
  • Solano County, California (Sacramento and San Francisco DMAs)
  • Apache County, Arizona (Albuquerque-Santa Fe and Phoenix DMAs)
  • La Paz County, Arizona (Yuma-El Centro and Phoenix DMAs)
  • Nicollet County, Minnesota (Minneapolis-St Paul and Mankato DMAs)
  • Lea County, New Mexico (Albuquerque-Santa Fe and Odessa-Midland DMAs)
  • Oneida County, New York (Utica and Syracuse DMAs)
It would make sense for everything from Eloy to the Pima County line to be part of the Tucson DMA instead of Phoenix.
This falls in the "who cares" department.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2015, 02:06 PM

20,524 posts, read 14,033,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
This falls in the "who cares" department.
I'm not a big TV fan, so like you I don't care either. But PJ is right since Phoenix is as much like Tucson as LA is like Vegas.

Old 08-17-2015, 02:14 PM

17,824 posts, read 38,685,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I'm not a big TV fan, so like you I don't care either. But PJ is right since Phoenix is as much like Tucson as LA is like Vegas.

I am a big TV fan, but don't care what Nielsen does. That said, I agree with you about the analogy. Back to topic!

Old 08-17-2015, 03:09 PM

3,610 posts, read 1,036,200 times
People I know in Tucson consider Casa Grande to be part of the greater Phoenix area.

Old 08-29-2015, 07:49 PM

8,685 posts, read 15,111,781 times
LOL Tumamoc, after living in Casa Grande for over 5 years, I think most here might think the same

Old 08-30-2015, 01:35 PM

971 posts, read 1,193,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tumamoc View Post
People I know in Tucson consider Casa Grande to be part of the greater Phoenix area.
Maricopa, which isn't far from Casa Grande, is definitely part of the greater Phoenix area.

I'd say that Casa Grande shares more in common with Phoenix than Tucson.

Old 08-30-2015, 03:08 PM

6,617 posts, read 7,882,534 times
Just for some perspective from those of us in the north...

Casa Grande is part of mexico, anything southwest of Phoenix is Tucson and is populated by anti-gun communists from California who came here to destroy our state. And Phoenix itself is a dusty war zone of cartel gang violence, kidnappings and car theft barely held in check by Sheriff Joe.

Old 08-30-2015, 08:22 PM

20,524 posts, read 14,033,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post

Casa Grande is part of mexico, anything southwest of Phoenix is Tucson and is populated by anti-gun communists from California who came here to destroy our state. And Phoenix itself is a dusty war zone of cartel gang violence, kidnappings and car theft barely held in check by Sheriff Joe.
Ouch!

Old 08-30-2015, 09:56 PM

2 posts, read 2,610 times
Jamies is totally correct in what he is saying about Arizona. Arizona is a criminal enterprise. The only state in the United States that is more of a criminal enterprise than Arizona in New Mexico which is actually far more worse than Arizona. New Mexico is actually 5th world. Politicians in Arizona have been able to cover up the real problems that we have here with crime here in Arizona. The Sinaloa Cartel are the real leaders here in Arizona. The sad thing is that as bad as Arizona is well New Mexico is a hundred times worse. We should go ahead and give New Mexico to Mexico because New Mexico is that bad. The State of Arizona has some nice areas and some rich residents who have been able to keep it afloat. My concern with Arizona is that one day we might become like New Mexico. New Mexico is really really bad and the State of New Mexico is much much worse than many part of Mexico.

The State of Arizona still has a chance however the State of New Mexico is most corrupt criminal enterprise ever.

Old 08-30-2015, 11:02 PM

10,720 posts, read 18,460,349 times
Pinal County is huge. In fact, parts of Pinal County are considered part of the Tucson metropolitan area. Only certain portions of Pinal are considered to be a part of the Phoenix metro, not the entire county for obvious reasons.

Casa Grande is not considered to be a part of either metro. The only people who think Casa Grande is a part of the Phoenix metro are people from Casa Grande. No intelligent person could argue it is a part of the Phoenix metro when it's not even in the same county (Maricopa) and it's 30 miles south of the Valley's southern most border (southern tip of Chandler). It would be one thing if Casa Grande bordered Chandler to the south but when you have an additional 30 miles of empty non-developed space between Chandler and Casa Grande, how can any intelligent person think that is part of the same metropolitan area??? What's next, are we going to start saying Prescott is part of the Phoenix metro too now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post

Nice, another person to add to my ignore list

Last edited by azriverfan.; 08-30-2015 at 11:12 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona