Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2015, 01:52 PM

2 posts, read 3,954 times

Advertisements

I have a truck that is registered in TN. I'm in MI visiting my daughter. I don't have the title or anything as it's not paid off (has a title loan). I have an AZ license & an address in AZ. How do I get everything registered, titled & tag in AZ? It's in Bullhead City so there is no emissions test. According to AZ DMV I can do in the mail. If I've been stopped by police (no ticket) & I'm continually asked if I live there or if I'm moving there (to MI). I've been driving her car each time. Do I say I'm a partial AZ resident? I tell them no I'm not moving there to MI. I'm not sure they're going to continue to believe me. I don't know if they know what that means because the vehicles I drive have either a TN tag or MI tag. How do I resolve the matter with the police? Since my license is in AZ if I get stopped & am issued a ticket legally they are supposed to take my license & it's a $90 fee. That fee has to be paid immediately in a cashier's check. This is very important.
Thanks,
Daizee-Mae
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2015, 06:04 AM

2,600 posts, read 8,785,881 times
Car Registration in Arizona

Arizona Car Registration Guide - Renewals, Online & Mail Options, Forms, & Fees | DMV.org

Old 08-17-2015, 11:17 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,607,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daizeemae View Post
I have a truck that is registered in TN. I'm in MI visiting my daughter. I don't have the title or anything as it's not paid off (has a title loan). I have an AZ license & an address in AZ. How do I get everything registered, titled & tag in AZ? It's in Bullhead City so there is no emissions test. According to AZ DMV I can do in the mail. If I've been stopped by police (no ticket) & I'm continually asked if I live there or if I'm moving there (to MI). I've been driving her car each time. Do I say I'm a partial AZ resident? I tell them no I'm not moving there to MI. I'm not sure they're going to continue to believe me. I don't know if they know what that means because the vehicles I drive have either a TN tag or MI tag. How do I resolve the matter with the police? Since my license is in AZ if I get stopped & am issued a ticket legally they are supposed to take my license & it's a $90 fee. That fee has to be paid immediately in a cashier's check. This is very important.
Thanks,
Daizee-Mae
Quote:
Originally Posted by need4speed2012 View Post
People travel all over the country with a license from a different state, and rarely if ever get pulled over -- unless they're doing something really out of the ordinary which draws the attention of a law enforcement officer.

And if they do, most if not all of these questions will normally be resolved with the driver's appropriate answers (and available documents). Law enforcement officers are intelligent human beings, and are not in place to do more than enforce the law and put two and two together.

I'd have to believe that your answers as stated above would be more than sufficient to satisfy most LEOs. If not, it shouldn't be all that difficult for them to access a computer and satisfy most uncertainties.

Old 08-17-2015, 01:00 PM

9,600 posts, read 31,685,641 times
If I understand your question, Daizee-Mae . . . you want to Title / Register your vehicle in Arizona while it is physically located in another state?

From my personal experience, that will not happen as Arizona's MVD will require a physical inspection of the vehicle prior to issuing a Title / Registration. Since you have an Arizona License it kinda makes sense to have all of the documents issued by the same state.

As for the lien . . . not too familiar with this scenario but I do not believe who and/or where the lien is held is an issue.

I sure hope this information helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
View detailed profiles of: