Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2021, 04:44 PM

1,047 posts, read 725,444 times

Advertisements

Hi,

Probably making offer on home there. We ate at The Breakfast Club (I think is name). Mitsi is the manager. Great food. Then for dinner, Table, great. But how many places are good? I saw so few places lol.
Can people let me know if there are deliveries, names of restaurants they find good, ubers, or local hustlers that give rides and anything you feel like?

How is the ____Canteena? It was closed when we tried to go.
Next to the Pizza place.

He will go insane if not one good Mexican place.

Thank you so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2021, 05:43 PM

6,404 posts, read 8,980,411 times
Bisbee is not exactly a food destination. Banshee has a legitimate good pizza. The Mexican restaurant next door is standard fare. Nothing special. Benson has better Mexican food. Douglas and the other side of the border wall probably does too.

Old 06-19-2021, 06:17 PM

Default cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
Bisbee is not exactly a food destination. Banshee has a legitimate good pizza. The Mexican restaurant next door is standard fare. Nothing special. Benson has better Mexican food. Douglas and the other side of the border wall probably does too.
Thank you!

Old 06-20-2021, 05:12 AM

4,596 posts, read 6,350,757 times
Bisbee is a town of roughly 5,000 people....what are you expecting to find in a town that small, so far off the beaten track ?

Regards
Gemstone1

Old 06-20-2021, 06:03 AM

Food wise? Ideally one good Mexican restaurant. I do think in Naco or across boarder I'll find. Do you love there or visit ? Thanks !

Old 06-20-2021, 12:44 PM

558 posts, read 970,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemstone1 View Post
Bisbee is a town of roughly 5,000 people....what are you expecting to find in a town that small, so far off the beaten track?
Yeah, in the Prescott metro of over 100,000 I consider 3 Mexican restaurants to be worth going to. The other 30 or so are indistinguishable from each other and pretty meh. One step above the Bertos.

Old 06-20-2021, 05:39 PM

4,596 posts, read 6,350,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly_me View Post
Food wise? Ideally one good Mexican restaurant. I do think in Naco or across boarder I'll find. Do you love there or visit ? Thanks !
Visited many times, lived outside of SV, and in Benson, and outside Yuma, and outside Oracle and in Show Low, and in BHC.

You are really going to be disappointed...unless you accept Bisbee for what it is.

What it isn't....a golf mecca, a gourmets dream, a metropolis, a land of opportunity.

Regards
Gemstone1

Old 06-20-2021, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemstone1 View Post
Visited many times, lived outside of SV, and in Benson, and outside Yuma, and outside Oracle and in Show Low, and in BHC.

You are really going to be disappointed...unless you accept Bisbee for what it is.

What it isn't....a golf mecca, a gourmets dream, a metropolis, a land of opportunity.

Regards
Gemstone1

Hi,

I have been watching Bisbee homes and like most towns in usa the homes are on market for less than a week. Especially if fixed up.

Before lumber issue they sat for sale for 8 months.

So it's not the worse place in the world.

I went to a site ( I think they block if I say name) T.A. are the initials of the site that reviews hotels and restaurants. It said 34 restaurants in Bisbee.

I realize many were also bars. So bar food.

I'm in Vegas 5 miles from the strip. The food is horrible off strip. We have only a few* to choose from. If we want to spend a few hundred and deal w drunks on the strip you have fine restaurants.

I bet the food in bisbee will be the same as Vegas off strip. Enjoyed where I ate.

I'm in a time crunch like most. I'm in contract in Vegas.

Will do one more trip and then make offer there or sierra vista & also look at Hereford, Douglas time permitting.

It's only to fix up. Not forever town. I just don't want to be miserable for 6 to 12 months. He isn't fast fixing up.

Thank you for your insight.

Old 06-22-2021, 04:34 PM

33 posts, read 46,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly_me View Post
Hi,

Probably making offer on home there. We ate at The Breakfast Club (I think is name). Mitsi is the manager. Great food. Then for dinner, Table, great. But how many places are good? I saw so few places lol.
Can people let me know if there are deliveries, names of restaurants they find good, ubers, or local hustlers that give rides and anything you feel like?

How is the ____Canteena? It was closed when we tried to go.
Next to the Pizza place.

He will go insane if not one good Mexican place.

Thank you so much.

For Mexican food you are literally 15 mins from the border. Go to Naco or Agua Prieta. If you are too scared to do that, drive 20 minutes down the road to Douglas. Excellent Mexican mom and pops in Douglas. Bisbee is more fine dining as it's population is only 5,000 or so people and it caters to tourists. If you want chains, etc than Sierra Vista is the place. Either way, this is a rural area and you shouldn't come in with a big city mentality. It will be very, very difficult for you if you do that.

Old 06-22-2021, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernetty View Post
For Mexican food you are literally 15 mins from the border. Go to Naco or Agua Prieta. If you are too scared to do that, drive 20 minutes down the road to Douglas. Excellent Mexican mom and pops in Douglas. Bisbee is more fine dining as it's population is only 5,000 or so people and it caters to tourists. If you want chains, etc than Sierra Vista is the place. Either way, this is a rural area and you shouldn't come in with a big city mentality. It will be very, very difficult for you if you do that.
Great Intel. Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona