U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-13-2015, 10:07 PM
 
17,840 posts, read 39,620,285 times
Reputation: 10534

Advertisements

You could go back to Flagstaff for the night and then drive down Oak Creek Canyon (HWy 89A) into Sedona after you go to Lowell. The canyon and all the red rocks are worth a look. No need to stop in Sedona for any reason except to enjoy the scenery.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-14-2015, 11:40 PM
 
525 posts, read 712,660 times
Reputation: 197
I decided to stay overnight at Yavapai Lodge. Apparently it was still available.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2015, 01:50 PM
 
17,840 posts, read 39,620,285 times
Reputation: 10534
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle242 View Post
I decided to stay overnight at Yavapai Lodge. Apparently it was still available.
Sounds like the best plan. Staying in the park allows you to experience the Canyon that much longer.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2015, 06:56 PM
 
Location: In the gawdforsaken desert
6,706 posts, read 8,250,213 times
Reputation: 13464
Good choice. It will be a time you will remember the rest of your life, you are doing it right. Enjoy your trip!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-16-2015, 01:12 AM
 
525 posts, read 712,660 times
Reputation: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Good choice. It will be a time you will remember the rest of your life, you are doing it right. Enjoy your trip!
Well on my first night I am staying in Scottsdale, since I want to experience some urban life in AZ and not drive after dark once I am halfway to Flagstaff. Its not that I do not like dark, but I suspect lot of wildlife there gets out after dark. When I leave Sky Harbor airport it will be 3 pm and sunset sets at 6pm.
Second night I am staying inside the park at Yavapai. Even if for some reason my early morning commute delays, I still have whole afternoon, sunset and early morning.
Then plan to stop on my way back to Phoenix in Sedona.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-16-2015, 07:09 AM
 
Location: AriZona
5,230 posts, read 3,833,955 times
Reputation: 5451
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle242 View Post
Well on my first night I am staying in Scottsdale, since I want to experience some urban life in AZ and not drive after dark once I am halfway to Flagstaff. Its not that I do not like dark, but I suspect lot of wildlife there gets out after dark. When I leave Sky Harbor airport it will be 3 pm and sunset sets at 6pm.
Second night I am staying inside the park at Yavapai. Even if for some reason my early morning commute delays, I still have whole afternoon, sunset and early morning.
Then plan to stop on my way back to Phoenix in Sedona.
Enjoy!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top