Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2015, 10:39 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,391,186 times

Advertisements

The full blown El Nino isn't even here yet, from what I've read. January, February. I've noticed some knee discomfort that I've related to the cold recently. We will see what happens when it warms up a little.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2015, 10:59 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,607,160 times
Quote:
Do your joints hurt?

Really enjoying these ailment threads. Here's hoping for many more.

Old 12-19-2015, 11:04 AM

812 posts, read 794,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Cassidy View Post
Really enjoying these ailment threads. Here's hoping for many more.
LOL! I was just curious if others were noticing, because I am blaming it on El Nino. If that is true, I can't be the only one. It is funny because so many people move here for the weather.

Old 12-19-2015, 11:06 AM

812 posts, read 794,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
The full blown El Nino isn't even here yet, from what I've read. January, February. I've noticed some knee discomfort that I've related to the cold recently. We will see what happens when it warms up a little.
Yep, that is what they are saying. Maybe a good time to head up to Michigan for a while.

Old 12-19-2015, 10:48 PM

6,311 posts, read 6,804,644 times
This El Nino is going out with a bang I believe. Don't quote me on this but I think La Nina is supposed to start next year some time after winter ends.

Old 12-20-2015, 07:40 PM

2,619 posts, read 2,332,241 times
No.

Not everyone in Phoenix is old!

Old 12-20-2015, 08:46 PM

8,040 posts, read 12,252,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuglf View Post
The past month or so my husband and I are both having significantly more joint/arthritis pain than we normally do in the AZ fall/winter. (We have been here 20+ yrs). We are thinking it may be because this is the strongest El nino since 97/98.
We haven't even begun to feel the effects of El Niño yet. Based on the fact that it's already the latter part of December, and nothing significant has happened in the weather so far, I think the El Niño part is all in your head as a result of the effects from it being hyped up by the National Blather Service & the media. Chances are it might be a MEDICAL issue which is causing your arthritis pain. Gee, imagine that: a medical condition which is actually attributed to a medical reason instead of an overly exaggerated weather phenomenon.
()

Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
Seriously, this so called "super strong El Niño" is bogus, and I have doubts that we'll have anything noteworthy in January or February other than our normal winter rains. As you might know by now, I have a keen interest in weather/climatology ... and based on historical data, this El Niño has been a bust for us and California thus far because we would usually have an increased frequency in storm systems by now. The bulk of the moisture so far has gone to far northern CA, Oregon, and Washington ... and that region was predicted to have somewhat below average precipitation this season. So much for long range outlooks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by :-D View Post
This El Nino is going out with a bang I believe. Don't quote me on this but I think La Nina is supposed to start next year some time after winter ends.
The weather pattern we're currently in is more like what we see in a La Niña pattern. El Niño has been a huge let down so far this season!

Old 12-20-2015, 10:51 PM

6,311 posts, read 6,804,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
We haven't even begun to feel the effects of El Niño yet. Based on the fact that it's already the latter part of December, and nothing significant has happened in the weather so far, I think the El Niño part is all in your head as a result of the effects from it being hyped up by the National Blather Service & the media. Chances are it might be a MEDICAL issue which is causing your arthritis pain. Gee, imagine that: a medical condition which is actually attributed to a medical reason instead of an overly exaggerated weather phenomenon.
()

Seriously, this so called "super strong El Niño" is bogus, and I have doubts that we'll have anything noteworthy in January or February other than our normal winter rains. As you might know by now, I have a keen interest in weather/climatology ... and based on historical data, this El Niño has been a bust for us and California thus far because we would usually have an increased frequency in storm systems by now. The bulk of the moisture so far has gone to far northern CA, Oregon, and Washington ... and that region was predicted to have somewhat below average precipitation this season. So much for long range outlooks!

The weather pattern we're currently in is more like what we see in a La Niña pattern. El Niño has been a huge let down so far this season!
What I thought was strange about this year was that at least from my memory, we got no rain or storms in August like usual in Phoenix... I moved back to Tucson in late August and it was like September/October it rained for 2-3 weeks straight, everyday with overcast (I thought only the PNW was like that??) and then it has been sunny ever since. A couple days of rain a week ago before I went back up to Phoenix and since I've seen a couple cloudy days...

Old 12-22-2015, 11:11 PM

2,847 posts, read 2,515,159 times
anyone with severe problems might want to research this

Positive Health Online | Article - Boron: Major Cause and Cure for Arthritis
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona