Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2008, 04:42 PM

53 posts, read 421,830 times

Advertisements

I've been looking for a while and looked at many different site and I see from $58 to $100 per SF. I had held off making offers till I was ready to move but lately I have seen houses that were on the market for months even over a year that I liked get sold before I made offer. So I made offers on a couple houses at around $70 and $75 a SF. One didn't even counter and then house sold the other countered but when I countered back they said they accepted a full price offer from someone else. I don't know what they actually sold for but I assume it had to be more money. I had offered full list price if they paid closing cost on one I'm told that's pretty normal offer I had Financing approved with the offers.
Is just the case that I'm competing with people offering to much for homes?
Should I just be patient or change my expectations?
Is this a sign that the housing market is turning around?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2008, 08:23 AM

641 posts, read 2,365,820 times
Casa Grande , is not as bad off as far as homes selling . I live in Arizona City, 8 miles away. They are still building new homes out here, and they are being bought. The prices have come down some, but they are still moving.

We just bought our house here two months ago, and the last three months I have seen the available homes available for sale go down each month. It is also the time of year here when homes start to sell.

Ama

Old 04-18-2008, 11:38 AM

39,072 posts, read 51,199,205 times
Get real. It's no wonder the sellers brushed you off. $70/sf was a good price 10 years ago. You will find some builders dumping inventory homes at that because they are going under water on overhead with slow sales, but they are not going to stay in business long selling below today's costs. Typical construction costs here are over $100 per sf one level for tract quality homes and it goes up sharply in more desirable areas due to land and regulatory costs.

Old 04-18-2008, 01:54 PM

53 posts, read 421,830 times
Default third times the Charm

For the record I was prepared to pay closing cost but was told it was pretty standard to ask for them in this market the negotiate from there. Otherwise I offered asking price on all the house I don't think I was lowballing anyone.
I think it may just timing other people just like me want to move and be set when there kids get out of school. I don't think the market in Casa Grande is as bad as some other places but you can find bargains.

In the end I guess I got nervous for nothing. I signed a contract on a house at about $75/SF. I guess my research wasn't that far off it was just a right place at right time deal. Yes it was a builder close out but we like the house and the area.I'll hire an inspector to hopefully make sure they didn't cut any corners. I suppose it's not good for the short term value of the house but I plan on be in this house a long time. I think longer term we'll be alright. So I guess they'll be another new family in Casa Grande.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona