Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2016, 06:23 PM

121 posts, read 342,152 times

Advertisements

Bisbee is the southernmost American city that is a mile high or higher.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2016, 01:35 AM

7,646 posts, read 9,948,076 times
Bisbee is nice, but not really anywhere to run that I saw. Narrow roads, steep hills, not mountains. Huge toxic closed copper mine.

My vote would be Sedona for Winter and a CO mountain town for summer.

Old 02-19-2016, 10:00 PM

3 posts, read 5,876 times
I have taken such a liking to Sedona & Flagstaff (only from what I've read online) that I was thrilled to see the first reply so ecstatically suggesting this area. I am concerned about making a living in Arizona though-it seems tough! I am also interested in Utah- mostly because of the tremendous interest I have in the parks there-Arches, Bryce Canyon,etc...but I also know nothing of the place. I really love the outdoorsy, local support and healthy vibe of the Pacific Northwest but I just know that the climate would not suit me. I appreciate the replies and suggestions. Thanks so very much

Old 02-19-2016, 10:27 PM

3 posts, read 5,876 times
Smile Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Bisbee is nice, but not really anywhere to run that I saw. Narrow roads, steep hills, not mountains. Huge toxic closed copper mine.

HELL YES, and I have lived seasonally for some years...its the BEST!! Good call. Thanks for that!

Old 02-20-2016, 07:38 AM

2,962 posts, read 4,997,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post

Yes that would be the ideal if you can afford it and you're into a yuppie new age lifestyle. Sedona is hardly "quaint"

Old 02-20-2016, 04:52 PM

1,701 posts, read 1,875,165 times
Sedona would be good, though the traffic and crowds on holiday weekends would be a major deterrent for me personally. If you don't have to worry about having a job then Bisbee or Patagonia would be nice.

Old 02-22-2016, 05:02 PM

2,925 posts, read 3,091,398 times
Like others have said, there aren't many places at 7000 feet where you won't find snow in the winter.

But I'll throw Pinetop in there for you anyways. The white mountain trail system could take you quite some time to explore all of. Decent shopping in town, Show Low regional has daily flights to PHX, and I think that area has more sense of community than any other I have lived in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona