Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2016, 10:32 PM

200 posts, read 447,984 times

Advertisements

I'd suggest looking at Wickenburg, The hiking environment just out of town towards Vulture Mine is awe inspiring. ( I don't even /like/ desert!)
It's a cute town. Clean as far as I know crimewise. Air quality is fantastic. If you need a hospital for work, I'm afraid Surprise at Banner Del Web is your nearest? Plenty of people commute it. If you just want to be near to an ER for safety sake, medic choppers and fully staffed and stocked ambulances with great medical professionals are a thing here.

If possible you should just get ahold of a car down here and explore

I dont know about the east or north side, but as far as west out of Phoenix the air quality cleans up by the time you reach Surprise or Goodyear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2016, 09:32 AM

18,823 posts, read 8,484,812 times
Lake Havasu City. Cheap, safe. Very conservative. Not much MJ. One year we got rated the best air. But it can be windy which raises pollen and some dust from time to time.

Old 03-28-2016, 07:13 PM

270 posts, read 326,269 times
Dusky beauty and Hoonose, thanks so much for your suggestions! I will check those out for sure.

The hospital wouldn't be for work; I just feel better having one nearby (ER especially) for peace of mind. Good to know about the choppers and stocked ambulances though.

Old 03-29-2016, 09:44 AM

42 posts, read 41,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Goldwater had a libertarian bend and Arpaio isn't history yet...unfortunately.

You'd be surprised in the drift between our leaders and our residents.

Hogwash...Arizona is one of the fastest growing states because of the conservative policies and sheriff Joe is still widely popular...Are you from San Francisco?

Old 03-29-2016, 10:55 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,966,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ftbowie View Post
Hogwash...Arizona is one of the fastest growing states because of the conservative policies and sheriff Joe is still widely popular...Are you from San Francisco?
He's widely popular with our friendly elderly snowbirds sure. But you've missed what I was talking about.

And no, I unlike most, am a native.

I remember Libertarian Arizona, I miss that Arizona. Now we have evangelical Midwesterners running the show. I'm ready for that to end, and it isn't too far out. I also know of a progressive Arizona that lead to what Arizona is today, namely in aggressive water policies, so that our current leadership could yell and scream at the federal government while silently taking money from it.

There are plenty of explanations as to why Arizona is growing and popular beyond politics, there is an art to nuance regardless of the black/white lense you seem to be viewing things from.

Old 03-29-2016, 02:25 PM

42 posts, read 41,015 times
Our current leadership is who has created this wonderful place we live...Some folks are just perpetually whiny and unhappy...

Old 03-29-2016, 03:22 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,966,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ftbowie View Post
Our current leadership is who has created this wonderful place we live...Some folks are just perpetually whiny and unhappy...
There is always room for improvement, being complacent is a slippery slope.

Old 03-30-2016, 05:18 PM

6,311 posts, read 6,826,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
He's widely popular with our friendly elderly snowbirds sure. But you've missed what I was talking about.

And no, I unlike most, am a native.

I remember Libertarian Arizona, I miss that Arizona. Now we have evangelical Midwesterners running the show. I'm ready for that to end, and it isn't too far out. I also know of a progressive Arizona that lead to what Arizona is today, namely in aggressive water policies, so that our current leadership could yell and scream at the federal government while silently taking money from it.

There are plenty of explanations as to why Arizona is growing and popular beyond politics, there is an art to nuance regardless of the black/white lense you seem to be viewing things from.
It appears to be happening to the rest of the West as well.

To the OP drugs are very common here. Your best bet for dodging them would be in an high-income area. Being a border state makes it easier for the druggies. Despite this, you probably won't run into the drugs itself unless you venture into the lower income areas and/or places where there is a lot of young adults (Old Town Scottsdale, Tempe) as they are a popular market for them. However since they are still illegal it would be just under your nose, so to speak, where you can't see it.

Also, Arpaio is unpopular with a lot of Arizonans. You either love or hate the guy, what can I say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona