U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2016, 05:52 PM

3,535 posts, read 3,574,508 times

Advertisements

And apparently there is no shortage of people that don't get sarcasm/irony in the state. One more reason...everyone has resting ******* face and never see the humor in ANYTHING.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2016, 03:35 PM

2,326 posts, read 2,099,987 times
Oh the agony! Yet another bad thing about Arizona, the mosquitoes!:

Arizona Mosquitoes!

I admit that they can be a nuisance during monsoon season sometimes when the puddles fill up on the mountain.

Old 05-19-2016, 03:55 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,139,784 times
Well all the rabid BATS need to eat!

Old 05-19-2016, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Well all the rabid BATS need to eat!
Thanks for the reminder about the bats. Because everyone knows that once you see any bats flying around, all they want to do is bite you!

So, in addition to all the other bad things already repeated in this thread, now we have evil mosquitoes and rabid bats; and they're all out to get YOU!

Stay away and run for your life away from Arizona, it is just terrible!

Old 05-23-2016, 01:17 PM

39 posts, read 34,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyearp View Post

So, in addition to all the other bad things already repeated in this thread, now we have evil mosquitoes and rabid bats; and they're all out to get YOU!
EVERTHING in Arizona wants to bite you. I used to have a fondness for tumbleweeds. They casually roll by in western ghost town movies. They cross the background in cartoons. Nice fluffy little rollie bushes.

NOT

My first tumble weed experience was getting hit by one while riding my motorcycle. It nearly wrecked me. Before that I didn't know they had barbs. Ouch. I had to pull off and tear the nice rollie bush teeth from my leg and tires.

Everything that grows here makes the thorns on brier bushes feel like a gentle hug. I made the mistake of posing in a picture and getting my face too close to a jumping cholla. There is a reason why there aren't any cactus huggers.

I had a close call with a baby rattler. I hear it is a good thing it wasn't any closer. I walked by the side of my house and heard it, looked down and it was six inches from my leg. Luckily it slithered down a hole.

Scorpions in my bath tubs.

Has anyone mentioned the bees? Every place has bees but here they are evil.

I miss raking the friendly maple leaves out of my yard. Garter snakes. Lady bugs. You know, things a kid could play with and not risk a trip to the ER.

Old 05-23-2016, 03:24 PM

5,230 posts, read 3,780,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrisSevvin View Post
EVERTHING in Arizona wants to bite you. I used to have a fondness for tumbleweeds. They casually roll by in western ghost town movies. They cross the background in cartoons. Nice fluffy little rollie bushes.

NOT

My first tumble weed experience was getting hit by one while riding my motorcycle. It nearly wrecked me. Before that I didn't know they had barbs. Ouch. I had to pull off and tear the nice rollie bush teeth from my leg and tires.

Everything that grows here makes the thorns on brier bushes feel like a gentle hug. I made the mistake of posing in a picture and getting my face too close to a jumping cholla. There is a reason why there aren't any cactus huggers.

I had a close call with a baby rattler. I hear it is a good thing it wasn't any closer. I walked by the side of my house and heard it, looked down and it was six inches from my leg. Luckily it slithered down a hole.

Scorpions in my bath tubs.

Has anyone mentioned the bees? Every place has bees but here they are evil.

I miss raking the friendly maple leaves out of my yard. Garter snakes. Lady bugs. You know, things a kid could play with and not risk a trip to the ER.
Welcome to Arizona!

Old 05-23-2016, 07:33 PM

Here's another video that pretty much sums it all up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxXwO_Nwby4

Old 05-24-2016, 12:10 PM

5,618 posts, read 4,846,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrisSevvin View Post

I had a close call with a baby rattler. I walked by the side of my house and heard it
Couldnt have been a baby, then. Baby rattlers dont have rattles yet.

Old 05-24-2016, 01:52 PM

2 posts, read 5,037 times
I've lived in Arizona for 52 years now and have never been bitten by a rattlesnake or a scorpion sting until last week.
I put my hands under a concrete bench I was sitting on and it felt like I was hit in the hand with a sledgehammer. I quickly screamed like a little girl and swore like a sailor while killing that brown bastard. two days later while working I felt like I was hit by a city bus, cramping, vomiting, high fever, dizziness. I should've went to the ER but being male, I went home and was extremely sick for 3 days. It has now been a week since the initial sting and my fingers are still swollen and the skin is starting to rot. maybe now is a good time to go to the dr but it may be to late for the anti-venom

Old 05-24-2016, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by owie View Post
I've lived in Arizona for 52 years now and have never been bitten by a rattlesnake or a scorpion sting until last week.
I put my hands under a concrete bench I was sitting on and it felt like I was hit in the hand with a sledgehammer. I quickly screamed like a little girl and swore like a sailor while killing that brown bastard. two days later while working I felt like I was hit by a city bus, cramping, vomiting, high fever, dizziness. I should've went to the ER but being male, I went home and was extremely sick for 3 days. It has now been a week since the initial sting and my fingers are still swollen and the skin is starting to rot. maybe now is a good time to go to the dr but it may be to late for the anti-venom
I'm here to tell ya, if there was ever a reason not to live in or visit Arizona, this one takes it home! From a real long time resident.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona