Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2016, 10:04 AM

4,055 posts, read 5,071,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyearp View Post
Let me see, how to start. Arizona has so many faults and bad things about it that I can not see why any one would even consider moving here from any where else in the country, let alone the world. First off is the obvious. Arizona is nothing but a dry super hot forbidding desert. The temperature usually runs over 100 degrees and there is no rainfall. In the small parts of Arizona that are cooler, the temperatures will run about 10 degrees below zero and you will have 10 feet of snow.

But to continue; Arizona is a welfare state and leaches off the rest of the country:

//www.city-data.com/forum/arizo...nt-states.html

Further into the evils of Arizona is the politics:

//www.city-data.com/forum/arizo...oney-bill.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/arizo...-abortion.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/arizo...wn-az-gop.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/arizo...orate-tax.html

And do not forget the infamous Arizona SB1070, the most racist bill ever passed in the history of the world.

Let's move on. How about the water. Take a look at just this one:

//www.city-data.com/forum/arizo...cord-lows.html

And then how depressing it is to have ever lived in Arizona:

//www.city-data.com/forum/arizo...n-back-az.html

Do not forget how depressing and awful the landscape is. After all, Arizona is nothing but desert rocks with no form:

//www.city-data.com/forum/arizo...-strictly.html

Next, it is the education system. Usually it is rated on how much $$ is spent, as if how many dollars=the quality of the education in one place. But then there's this:

//www.city-data.com/forum/arizo...e-arizona.html

So, to suffice, anyone who is thinking about moving to Arizona should well be warned off. However, if that is not enough, for heavens sake do not forget about the gun laws in Arizona.

There are hardly any. It is a virtual Wild West. You will see guns every where on every one. The only reason you might not is because Arizona does not require a permit to carry concealed. And not only that, but Arizona has a law to allow folks who have been convicted of certain (non-violent) felonies to be able to have those self same rights as well.

Oh the agony! So, do not come to Arizona to visit or relocate unless you are willing to deal with it.
Completely agree!! But you forgot to mention the Anti-Immigrant laws going through our legislature now, our miserable blistering heat for 9 months out of the year and lack of museums, art or any culture whatsoever. If you value your children's education...just don't consider AZ. The schools here will turn them into incoherent, drooling idiots. On the subject of children, if they are left unattended the Illegal people traffickers will steal them and force them into child slavery or worse. If you do come, watch your pets as the roving packs of coyotes, Mexican Grey Wolves and gargantuan buzzards will eat them. Also, be prepared to start carrying at least a pistol if not an AR-15. Daily shootouts in Downtown Phoenix and you don't want to be caught unprepared.

Better yet...just stay away. Texas is much more appealing than AZ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2016, 10:24 AM

1,070 posts, read 2,931,714 times
I love how the "Arizona desert vs. California desert" link is supposed to be a negative against Arizona in the O.P.'s post... But click the link and it's full of posts talking about how much more beautiful the Sonoran desert is than the Mojave.

Err, I mean, don't move to AZ! Whatever you do! This place is a dust bowl, filled only with the hopes and dreams of real estate developers that went bankrupt!

Old 05-02-2016, 11:26 AM

3,939 posts, read 6,679,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cab591 View Post
I love how the "Arizona desert vs. California desert" link is supposed to be a negative against Arizona in the O.P.'s post... But click the link and it's full of posts talking about how much more beautiful the Sonoran desert is than the Mojave.
Watch it! You're walking a fine line there! ;-)

Err, I mean, don't move to AZ! Whatever you do! This place is a dust bowl, filled only with the hopes and dreams of real estate developers that went bankrupt!
Good recovery!

Old 05-02-2016, 05:11 PM

656 posts, read 806,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i'm not a cookie View Post
haha I think this is kinda funny. It's clear he posted this because he doesn't want ppl from other states (cough cough CA and TX and the whole midwest) coming into AZ and turning it into another southern California, an overpopulated, overpriced land of sprawl.
Don't come to Arizona. There is no sense of irony!

Old 05-02-2016, 05:15 PM

2,548 posts, read 2,193,792 times
I hang with all three crowds; Pro-gun, strongly pro-gun, and fanatically pro-gun.

Old 05-02-2016, 05:15 PM

387 posts, read 508,183 times
I'll be honest with you guys, i'm not a big fan of Arizona but i'll sure take it anyday over Texas! I'm from California and Riverside County is very similar to Phoenix but in LA's backyard. Why live 6 hours from the beach (Phoenix) when you can live one hour or less in SoCal while still hiking similar mountains as in Arizona. Also greater house values. More global amenities.

//www.city-data.com/forum/arizo...fornia-11.html

Old 05-02-2016, 05:50 PM

4,055 posts, read 5,071,920 times
Yes, listen to I Love Buildings and move to Riverside. It really is paradise on Earth. Only a short distance to skiing in Big Bear, a short drive to the beach and the people are not conceited at ALL.

Old 05-02-2016, 06:41 PM

387 posts, read 508,183 times
Not only Big Bear, but also Palm Springs, San Diego, Tijuana, and still fairly centralized to the rest of Southern California.

Old 05-02-2016, 07:19 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,895,601 times
The air is really clean and the drive is short and relatively traffic-free to the beaches too. Everybody should move to Riverside.

Old 05-02-2016, 07:29 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,824,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love Buildings View Post
Not only Big Bear, but also Palm Springs, San Diego, Tijuana, and still fairly centralized to the rest of Southern California.
TJ ain't safe these days, I'd be real careful there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona