Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2017, 12:58 PM

2,919 posts, read 3,059,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boran2 View Post
I have to ask the people of Arizona one thing, why is it so rare to see latino with a white woman couple in the area but not a white guy with a latina?

When I lived in other states, I saw latinos dating beautiful white women and there was no issue but in Arizona, the couple of times I did see it was transplant and there was a lot of racism from the locals in the area there. Why is that?
Maybe you need to take your racist glasses off. I have never witnessed waht you talk about here in Arizona. But maybe I just do not see race at all. Just different skin colors. Who cares?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2017, 07:23 PM

656 posts, read 807,010 times
Quote:
I have to ask the people of Arizona one thing, why is it so rare to see latino with a white woman couple in the area but not a white guy with a latina?

When I lived in other states, I saw latinos dating beautiful white women and there was no issue but in Arizona, the couple of times I did see it was transplant and there was a lot of racism from the locals in the area there. Why is that?

You need to quiz white Arizona women. It's their call.

Old 12-08-2017, 06:57 AM

4,057 posts, read 5,080,474 times
Quote:

You didn't hear? The White Coalition in Arizona sent out a "Privilege Memo" to every white person in the state instructing them to stay away from physical relationships with other races. It is all part of the master plan.

Yet another reason to stay away from AZ.

Old 12-16-2017, 04:34 PM

65 posts, read 66,852 times
Look, nobody wants to actually live in Arizona. Even people who *say* that they do and have never changed their tune and say "I'm a desert person", they don't actually know what they are talking about. My uncle has said that his entire life, and living in Arizona has given him extremely bad sinus problems and asthma. He used to be this really fun, energetic guy, life of the party, but the pain in his sinuses is so bad now that he's just miserable all the time. you know why? because its so goddamned dry there. It just all crusts up in his head and nothing can be done.

Property values there are extremely low, so you're buying into something that won't have value down the road, Phoenix is the least sustainable city in America and it's just a few years out from a serious power failure and people will die in their own homes from the heat. Arizona is a hellish ****hole populated by idiots, and you can immediately tell just from the billboards, crossing over from Cali to Arizona. Instantly the billboards get way dumber, and the tv advertising in Arizona is really dumbed down as well. For the longest time I thought it was just me, or I was watching a specific channel at a specific time but no, I've visited there at least 20 different times and its always like that.

Old 12-16-2017, 04:56 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,288,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glassnumbers View Post
Look, nobody wants to actually live in Arizona. Even people who *say* that they do and have never changed their tune and say "I'm a desert person", they don't actually know what they are talking about. My uncle has said that his entire life, and living in Arizona has given him extremely bad sinus problems and asthma. He used to be this really fun, energetic guy, life of the party, but the pain in his sinuses is so bad now that he's just miserable all the time. you know why? because its so goddamned dry there. It just all crusts up in his head and nothing can be done.

Property values there are extremely low, so you're buying into something that won't have value down the road, Phoenix is the least sustainable city in America and it's just a few years out from a serious power failure and people will die in their own homes from the heat. Arizona is a hellish ****hole populated by idiots, and you can immediately tell just from the billboards, crossing over from Cali to Arizona. Instantly the billboards get way dumber, and the tv advertising in Arizona is really dumbed down as well. For the longest time I thought it was just me, or I was watching a specific channel at a specific time but no, I've visited there at least 20 different times and its always like that.
And you live in Hawaii? Doesn't it get frustrating having to live in the same geographic area day in and day out with no way out cept for a plane? Kind of like jail? I’d get island fever after a week.

Last edited by Burkmere; 12-16-2017 at 06:02 PM..

Old 12-16-2017, 06:35 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,886,763 times
Quote:

so, after coming to this hell hole 19 times, you decided to come back a 20th?
and, you say people living in Arizona are idiots????

wow, If I hated a place as much as you obviously hate Arizona, I would have learned not to come back after a few visits, yet you continue to return..so, who is the REAL idiot???

Old 12-16-2017, 06:37 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,288,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
so, after coming to this hell hole 19 times, you decided to come back a 20th?
And, you say people living in arizona are idiots????

Wow, if i hated a place as much as you obviously hate arizona, i would have learned not to come back after a few visits, yet you continue to return..so, who is the real idiot???
i know, i know!!! And now he's stranded on the Island. Maybe after 19 visits there he'll decide it's a ***hole just like he's decided AZ is.

Old 12-17-2017, 06:57 PM

5 posts, read 4,147 times
What people are saying for the most part is true, the cheap housing and cost of living attracts the cheap housing folk. What is the point of owning a home when everyone can afford a home, you have apartment complex folk living in neighborhoods bringing your property values down even more bringing their apartment complex folk problems.

I will say this one positive about Phoenix, as someone in the trade the freeway and highway system is very nice. People will debate that and say otherwise, but I have not been to a state that has worst drivers than Arizona. How the freeways and the grid system is set up here there is no reason for the traffic problem this city has besides the ignorance and the sheer stupidity of the drivers here.

I see it everyday, the city is already a melting pot and you have a majority of people from the Midwest here, throw in the old buzzards, the old buzzards that come here for the winter, the Canadians and you can't forget all the uninsured Mexicans and you have the traffic situation that we have...driving is a real risk. You better hope the person that hits you has insurance or that you have extra coverage's, it'll pay off the first time it happens...and it will.

Old 12-18-2017, 05:49 AM

2,919 posts, read 3,059,000 times
Quote:

I think this guy gets it . . .

Old 12-18-2017, 07:21 AM

3,424 posts, read 2,886,763 times
whatever he "gets", I hope isnt contagious..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona