U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2017, 07:30 PM

6,061 posts, read 4,520,337 times

Advertisements

Everything's cheaper here. I am paying more for rent, but getting twice as much in the end. Even wine is cheaper here.

That's one thing that shocked me once I left Minnesota. You can buy wine anywhere. In Minnesota you had to go to liquor stored which had designated hours. They only started opening the liquor stores for Sunday sales a few months before I left. Here you can buy it at any store.

Feels kinda weird. I noticed also at Walmart that I didn't have to show my license but I guess my grey hair gives me away.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2017, 03:09 AM

230 posts, read 201,717 times
Ah, reading 54 pages later and I'm still trying to escape this state o_o

Old 12-30-2017, 08:37 AM

2,528 posts, read 1,914,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viridianforest View Post
Then move.

Old 12-30-2017, 09:07 AM

5,296 posts, read 12,368,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viridianforest View Post

Where would you go?

Old 12-30-2017, 12:11 PM

2,323 posts, read 2,095,943 times
You can always escape within this state:
O|||||||O

Old 12-30-2017, 04:15 PM

799 posts, read 619,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
Everything's cheaper here. I am paying more for rent, but getting twice as much in the end. Even wine is cheaper here.

That's one thing that shocked me once I left Minnesota. You can buy wine anywhere. In Minnesota you had to go to liquor stored which had designated hours. They only started opening the liquor stores for Sunday sales a few months before I left. Here you can buy it at any store.

Feels kinda weird. I noticed also at Walmart that I didn't have to show my license but I guess my grey hair gives me away.
You know Arizona actually has some good wineries too. There is at least one in Elgin, which I think would be not too far from where you are. :-)

Talk about surprising things available in grocery stores, when we first moved here they had guns for sale in Smittys (sort of like a Fry's marketplace). We couldn't believe it, coming from MI. So, Arizona was even a worse place 20+ years ago than it is now!

Old 12-30-2017, 04:44 PM

607 posts, read 611,584 times
I went to visit relatives in Phoenix.it was like people saw too many road warrior movies. Anyone who considers moving here look at the wages and home prices.They don't make much sense. I live up north where minimum wage is the norm. Way too many folks from California showing up and screwing stuff up. Another poster was right about the valley being one giant power outage from people dying like flys. Without AC and the canals bringing in, water Phoenix would be hell. Stay in your nice cool place that has water.

Old 12-30-2017, 05:32 PM

2,387 posts, read 4,849,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapie9969 View Post
I went to visit relatives in Phoenix.it was like people saw too many road warrior movies. Anyone who considers moving here look at the wages and home prices.They don't make much sense. I live up north where minimum wage is the norm. Way too many folks from California showing up and screwing stuff up. Another poster was right about the valley being one giant power outage from people dying like flys. Without AC and the canals bringing in, water Phoenix would be hell. Stay in your nice cool place that has water.
kapie gets it.

Old 12-30-2017, 06:47 PM

799 posts, read 619,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Madolf View Post
kapie gets it.
Yes. People dying like flies.

Old 12-30-2017, 08:19 PM

2,323 posts, read 2,095,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapie9969 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Madolf View Post
kapie gets it.
Sure does!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona