Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2020, 06:05 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,917,244 times

Advertisements

Sorry, I didn't analyze your history, bro..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2020, 08:30 AM

2,925 posts, read 3,090,811 times
Finally, with all else going on in the world, a thread points out again exactly how terrible Arizona is. You know, the type of thread that points out how terrible Arizonans are as well. We're the type that passed SB 1070 and liked it for the most part after all. We have quite a few citizens who patrol the border themselves. We pretty much do not care for much in the way of .gov overreach into our lives. And this one nails it as well, it points out Mayor Hamblin from Eagar in regards to the July 4th rodeo going ahead in Round Valley:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/ariz...ork-times.html

I realize that the controlyavirus is a hot and sensitive topic right now, but let's please try to keep this thread about what it is about. How terrible Arizona and Arizonans are. To serve as a warning to those who would consider visiting and/or moving here. You folks should go to the Town of Eagar website and read the Mayor's whole letter. Excerpt from the last paragraph:

Quote:
In closing, where would America be if our ancestors that pioneered the countryside, facing a mortality rate that would make the corona virus look like a scratch, had simply given up, turned back, . . . . . When did we stop being the land of the free and the home of the brave? Take charge of your own life. Nobody owes you anything. The government never has been more ill equipped to solve your problems nor is it its job to do so. . . . .

Link (while it stays up): https://www.eagaraz.gov/home/news/pr...-mayor-hamblin

Old 07-09-2020, 08:40 AM

3,424 posts, read 2,917,244 times
thanks Teddy, sometimes I need a reminder about how terrible Arizona is...

Old 07-09-2020, 09:05 AM

15,219 posts, read 10,304,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyearp View Post
LOL! You guys are great. And thanks a ton for keeping this thread civil. I mean it.

Now without further ado, here's a little 'gem' started a couple three years ago with more testimony about how terribleâ„¢ Arizona is:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/phoe...ut-living.html

The heat, COL, Low wages, A/C problems, etc. Pretty much covers a lot of it.
Sounds like we have the same issues here in SW Florida only we have the heat AND humidity. And yet, they still come......

Old 07-15-2020, 06:50 PM

213 posts, read 131,739 times
I agree. I was supposed to be gone by now but right now moving would not be wise. It's definitely not a place for everybody.
There's stuff to do but not stuff I like. Especially in triple digit temps for month after month. A lot of people don't mind it bc they're fine staying indoors a lot and are tied to their community here. Which is great, but that's not me. So I'm about ready to move on. If you don't like a place and aren't tied down by anything then just head somewhere that suits you better.

Old 07-15-2020, 08:41 PM

52 posts, read 46,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaViking View Post
What bothers me the most is those darn jackalope teeth laying on the roads that get kicked up and chip your windshield. AzDOT needs to get some sweepers out on those roads!
I know that it is bad form to quote yourself, but what the heck.

I repaired a couple rock chips with a Rain-X kit. It did a good job! There is enough resin in the kit for probably 5 or more repairs. I have not chipped a windshield in a few months. Maybe not driving much is a factor?

Old 07-15-2020, 11:36 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,947,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Four guns... hey, at least it's a 'start' (lol)! (cut for brevity) Though I get around, and I listen more than 'talk', and BTW, it's not like I'm seein' a whole lotta folks of the opposite, rural, and 'gun-toting' persuasion trying to do the same. Or maybe along with 'carrying' now, I just need to get a MAGA cap too!
Mateo45 - My condolences on your move to terrible Kingman. Of course it could be more terrible, you could have moved here to Bullhead City.

Four is nowhere near enough guns if you are going to live in Mohave county. You need an elk gun, a deer rifle, a bird gun, a trap gun, a skeet gun - because the hunting in AZ is Terrible. Except for hunting rattlesnakes and the man eating javalina down on the border. A Glock, well actually FOUR Glocks - one to carry, one for practice, one in case you have to shoot someone and they take that gun, and a backup. A 1911, well actually FOUR 1911's, see prior sentence. A Couple of .22's for fun. A .357 for hiking in bear country. And a .44 mag in case you ever go to Montana. Oh yeah, and an AR15, and an AR Pistol, you know for the revolution. And a derringer, because they are cool. Useless but cool. And an AK, because they are just fun to shoot.

Last edited by jamies; 07-15-2020 at 11:45 PM..

Old 07-20-2020, 02:54 PM

4,069 posts, read 5,141,969 times
FYI: For anyone wanting to visit Rim Country...We're doing OK here right now with COVID cases. We watch in horror as the rest of the country spikes and wonder how long before it makes its way here.
So if you plan on vacationing at our rivers, lakes or on our waterfalls this summer, I think you should know that red ants and bedbugs have infested hotels and motels across the area due to a wetter than usual spring.

Mountain lions have eaten all domesticated animals and some smaller people.

The poison ivy has overtaken all other vegetation.

We have had bear sightings at every park and town.

We have Bigfoots INVADING OUR PARKS.

Porcupines "stabbing" small children should they dare to enter the forest.

Skunks have made their way over and multiplied at unprecedented rates and wander the local campgrounds in packs.
Murder hornets!?! We’ve got Loads of murder hornets.

And I’m pretty sure all private tiger owners have released them into the streets of our towns.

Head lice now fly... right beside the bats.

So stay where you are, in your own province, state or county where it's safe!

Seriously, PLEASE DO NOT COME HERE...and we also have NO TOILET PAPER!!

Old 07-20-2020, 05:22 PM

2,925 posts, read 3,090,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtAZ View Post
FYI: For anyone wanting to visit Rim Country...We're doing OK here right now with COVID cases. We watch in horror as the rest of the country spikes and wonder how long before it makes its way here.
So if you plan on vacationing at our rivers, lakes or on our waterfalls this summer, I think you should know that red ants and bedbugs have infested hotels and motels across the area due to a wetter than usual spring.

Mountain lions have eaten all domesticated animals and some smaller people.

The poison ivy has overtaken all other vegetation.

We have had bear sightings at every park and town.<snip>

Quit for brevity. So you've been reading some of the local mountain Facebook groups too, I see.

Old 07-20-2020, 05:52 PM

4,069 posts, read 5,141,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyearp View Post
Quit for brevity. So you've been reading some of the local mountain Facebook groups too, I see.
Might just be a member of one or two.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona