Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2016, 08:58 PM

2,925 posts, read 3,089,707 times

Advertisements

Let me see, how to start. Arizona has so many faults and bad things about it that I can not see why any one would even consider moving here from any where else in the country, let alone the world. First off is the obvious. Arizona is nothing but a dry super hot forbidding desert. The temperature usually runs over 100 degrees and there is no rainfall. In the small parts of Arizona that are cooler, the temperatures will run about 10 degrees below zero and you will have 10 feet of snow.

But to continue; Arizona is a welfare state and leaches off the rest of the country:

Arizona again among Most Dependent States on Federal Government Subsidies

Further into the evils of Arizona is the politics:

Gov. Roscoe signs Dark Money Bill

Gov. Doug Ducey Expected To Sign Abortion-Restricting Bills

Senator McCain Strikes Down AZ GOP Extremists, Cleans up AZ GOP

State Feeling Pinch of Lost Corporate Tax Revenue, expected to exceed 538 million annually starting in 2018

And do not forget the infamous Arizona SB1070, the most racist bill ever passed in the history of the world.

Let's move on. How about the water. Take a look at just this one:

Lake Mead sinks to record lows

And then how depressing it is to have ever lived in Arizona:

Moved out of Az then back to Az now depressed?? What to do!

Do not forget how depressing and awful the landscape is. After all, Arizona is nothing but desert rocks with no form:

Arizona desert vs. California desert (Strictly rural and geographic scenery, no urban talk)

Next, it is the education system. Usually it is rated on how much $$ is spent, as if how many dollars=the quality of the education in one place. But then there's this:

Teachers flee Arizona

So, to suffice, anyone who is thinking about moving to Arizona should well be warned off. However, if that is not enough, for heavens sake do not forget about the gun laws in Arizona.

There are hardly any. It is a virtual Wild West. You will see guns every where on every one. The only reason you might not is because Arizona does not require a permit to carry concealed. And not only that, but Arizona has a law to allow folks who have been convicted of certain (non-violent) felonies to be able to have those self same rights as well.

Oh the agony! So, do not come to Arizona to visit or relocate unless you are willing to deal with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2016, 10:29 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,217,036 times
You list your location as WA in body but AZ in spirit???

Many of your list look like positives to me.

Old 04-29-2016, 11:54 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,953,154 times
Swing and a miss.

Old 04-30-2016, 01:32 AM

3,407 posts, read 4,627,644 times
OP, how about focusing on the positives of the area. Not everything is doom and gloom, sheesh.

Old 04-30-2016, 02:50 AM

3,109 posts, read 2,967,960 times
Some damn good tacos, though. Climate in Santa Cruz County is about perfect, if you prefer it on the warm side, without the two months+ of unbearable death heat (Phoenix). Schools range from bad in the urban areas, to worse in the rural areas. It seems like the money you have to pay every month before you take your first breath of air or sip of beer, is continually increasing, even if you paid cash for your home. Electric Company, Cox, health insurance companies.....a rate increase is always imminent. And let's not forget water/sewer. Still better than Vegas, California, or New Mexico, but some of the urban areas of Texas seem to operate in at least third gear, while the former are seriously stuck in first gear. Unless there was another major buying opportunity in real estate; I would more likely move to Hermosillo, Sonora.

Old 04-30-2016, 07:00 AM

111 posts, read 118,843 times
The scenery is nice though and all and most parts of the southwest.

Old 04-30-2016, 07:08 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,488,320 times
There's a lot of people in Arizona from Washington state. Ain't that right, teddyearp?

Old 04-30-2016, 07:42 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,607,829 times
Earp knows.

That's Earp's way of expressing his affinity for Arizona, while simultaneously lambasting the whiners & haters.

Old 04-30-2016, 09:03 AM

483 posts, read 665,174 times
[quote=teddyearp;43885357
Oh the agony! So, do not come to Arizona to visit or relocate unless you are willing to deal with it.[/QUOTE]

I guess I'm willing to deal with it.

Besides, too many links to click on and read. I know I'm retired and don't have a ton of stuff to do today, but reading a ton of links isn't one of them.

Old 04-30-2016, 12:53 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Cassidy View Post
Earp knows.

That's Earp's way of expressing his affinity for Arizona, while simultaneously lambasting the whiners & haters.
I picked up on that real quick. You gotta watch out for them rattlesnake charmers. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona