Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Arizona the best state you have lived in?
yes 31 60.78%
No 11 21.57%
definitely in my top 3 7 13.73%
have not decided yet 2 3.92%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2016, 08:20 PM

2,925 posts, read 3,090,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by autism360 View Post
We wanted the opinions of those who currently live in Arizona, not those who visited or lived in Az briefly you admitted you do not live here and almost all your posts indicate you live in California. <snip>
Exactly! And to tell it, Arizonans are a bad unfriendly sort as well.

I am reminded of an (disastrous) exploratory trip I took from the CSSR to Arizona in '96. I had a $200 car. When the car overheated just north of the Salt River Canyon going towards Show Low, was it a Bert or an Arizonan that stopped to give me some jugs of water. A few miles further when I stopped at a DPS highway house, was it a Bert or an Arizonan who lived there and worked for the DPS that said I could car camp there and then gave me some stop leak. Later upon going the back way down through Clifton and the clutch went out near Safford, was it a Bert or an Arizonan who not only picked me up hitchhiking and took me to his home for the night but helped me fix my POS car the next day. After going back up to the mountain, was it a Bert or some Arizonans that I met at a church who loaned a complete stranger their tools to finish the fix.

I know this because I am ashamedly a native of the CSSR and I know from experience (because some of my life has been real hard) that when (not if) I had the same things happen in the CSSR, the BART's and the Berts all passed me by.

Yup, avoid Arizona at all costs.

Old 05-03-2016, 08:27 PM

2,338 posts, read 4,714,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyearp View Post
D'OH! Carry it. A right not exercised . . . .
24 /7 you have a gun on you ?

Old 05-03-2016, 09:07 PM

You and Autism still focused on guns which have nothing to do with the warts myself and others discussed about PHX in particular so I presume you agree. Have a blast !

Old 05-03-2016, 09:18 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,418,786 times
My two cents:

I moved from AZ about a year and a half ago to Northern Virginia. i had a 5,500 sq/ft house in AZ with about $100,000 pool- bought just before the crisis loosened up. All upgrades with the exception the owners were smokers so new paint and all wood floors upstairs.

Well, I am heading home and will probably pull up on the the hottest day of the year In June-blah!

I can go to the lake, mountains, ski, hike, relax at home, hands down best shopping ever, food is great and there is nothing like a March night! So much more too.

I am a native Arizonian too. I've lived in: Minnesota, Wisconsin, Connecticut, Florida, New Mexico (Santa Fe, ah, the Pinons), Virginia, Maryland,Illinois, Texas and Colorado.

I always come back! The heat is awful though. I get plantation shutters everywhere and black out drapes with a prettier drape in my room to block out heat. I hate heat in summer. Thermostat like 72.

But I'm headed home!

Old 05-03-2016, 09:41 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,947,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnum0417 View Post
24 /7 you have a gun on you ?
But of course. Doesn't everyone? You never know when the zombie apocalpse could start. Best to be ready at all times.

Old 05-03-2016, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
But of course. Doesn't everyone? You never know when the zombie apocalpse could start. Best to be ready at all times.
It has been underway in Gilbert for some time now.

Old 05-04-2016, 05:20 AM

1,665 posts, read 2,945,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnum0417 View Post
Michigan and Pennsyltucky are pro gun but you do not see people flocking there because of that. I own guns but hope I never have to use them. That is not a dealbreaker in overall quality of life. Lets be real...unless you have it in your hand how useful are gun laws if you have no access to it if you are held up in a parking lot or ambushed in a home invasion ?
Folks it is about liberty and freedom, states that take away freedoms from law abiding citizens,should be avoided at all costs unless you want to be a government slave. This is one of the reasons Arizona is so great it allows for individual freedom and among them is the right to carry a gun, buy a 64oz soda and send my kid to a charter school without having to get permission from a bureaucrat .

Old 05-04-2016, 05:25 AM

1,665 posts, read 2,945,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by locolife View Post
Isn't one of this country's fundamental freedom principles that all citizens should have access to a free and quality public education system? Isn't this very thing one of the basic building blocks our success in the past was based on? Why is it that in Arizona, where we are supposedly obsessed with freedom, the ability for children to obtain a quality public education is nearly impossible?

I'm all for freedom and enjoy most of the freedoms that Arizona holds so tightly, but for the life of me I cannot figure out why the liberty of quality public education is not taken as seriously as gun rights here.
Arizona taxpayers are not only paying to educate the children of Arizona citizens but also thousands of illegal children who do not speak english.When president Trump gets the wall built and the illegal alien problem under control we will see much improvement not only in Arizona schools but all schools nationwide.

Old 05-04-2016, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Arizona taxpayers are not only paying to educate the children of Arizona citizens but also thousands of illegal children who do not speak english.When president Trump gets the wall built and the illegal alien problem under control we will see much improvement not only in Arizona schools but all schools nationwide.
Trump is going to lose the election. VA NC FL and CO vote blue these days besides CA and NY. I enjoy my jumping jacks in 2 countries in Jacumba.
Attached Thumbnails
Is Arizona the best state you have ever lived in?-fb_img_1459828477589.jpg  

Last edited by magnum0417; 05-04-2016 at 08:07 AM..

Old 05-04-2016, 09:17 AM

9,196 posts, read 16,638,101 times
Quote:
Folks it is about liberty and freedom, states that take away freedoms from law abiding citizens,should be avoided at all costs unless you want to be a government slave. This is one of the reasons Arizona is so great it allows for individual freedom and among them is the right to carry a gun, buy a 64oz soda and send my kid to a charter school without having to get permission from a bureaucrat .
Exactly! Also included in the same realm are the rights to get same-sex married (AZ legalized it before it was nationally) and a woman's right to choose. Let's keep personal liberties alive in AZ!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona