Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2016, 05:12 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,700,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Female mud wrestling is a "pro sport" now?

Oh yeah I forgot, rigged boxing matches too.

And ha -ha I saw in the RJ today that you guys are getting to enjoy our dust that blew from AZ up your way. Breathe deep!

But you are right about Vegas being a better opportunity. Also no state income tax, though fees are sky high.
I don't know who your response was to, but I was talking about the big 4 (MLB,NFL,NBA,NHL). Phoenix has all 4, Vegas is FINALLY getting an NHL team, and with the gambling (which is what kept pro sports out for so long, especially the NFL who has vowed to never allow a franchise in Nevada), we'll see how long it lasts.

Anyways, I almost moved to Las Vegas 2 years ago, after spending some time there, I'm glad I stayed in Phoenix
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2016, 06:06 PM

861 posts, read 2,197,094 times
Can you work online? I would think being a web designer you would have some flexibility there.
Of course since I know next to nothing about web design I am probably way off.
But if you could work online I would think that would broaden your opportunities

Old 08-05-2016, 09:56 PM

20 posts, read 20,659 times
Default run while you still can

I'm originally from Oregon & moved to Phoenix about a yr & a half ago. The heat is unbearable. You might be able to find a job in Phoenix, but think long & hard before moving here. I don't miss the rain in Oregon, but I do miss being able to plant flowers in the soil & growing a vegie garden. With the heat the way it is, i'm becoming a hermit & rarely go outside. I feel trapped in my own home & my electric bill is through the roof from running the ac almost 24/7. Not only that, but Phoenix is the 5th most polluted city in the country. Would prefer to live in the Prescott area but jobs are too few & Flagstaff is about double the rent. Someone mentioned San Diego- and yes it's beautiful there, but extremely expensive. If I didn't work in Phoenix, I would be out of here tomorrow. If you don't mind the heat, the dust, pollution & lack of greenery, this might work for you.

Old 08-08-2016, 11:12 AM

3,941 posts, read 6,753,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyearp View Post
Wait! Haven't you heard that Arizona is a terrible place, do not move nor even visit? There's a thread here about it.
Hahahaha! So there you are!!!

Old 08-08-2016, 11:18 AM

3,941 posts, read 6,753,102 times
As you can see there is a wide range of emotions and opinions on living in Arizona. It truly depends on what you are looking for in life and what you are willing to tolerate. For some, Arizona is a paradise. For others it's hell on earth. Many people fall somewhere in the middle and neither love it nor hate it. Phoenix or Tucson will give you the most options for work. I know you mentioned your wife likes the heat, but have you ever visited during July/August to get a feel for the heat? Heck, let me include September - mid October to that.

I think if you have a good nest egg that can carry you for six months to a year you could probably make the jump. Does your wife work? Having two incomes will significantly improve your chances on a smoother transition. Good luck!

Old 08-09-2016, 12:05 PM

5,649 posts, read 5,998,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goolsbyjazz View Post
As you can see there is a wide range of emotions and opinions on living in Arizona. It truly depends on what you are looking for in life and what you are willing to tolerate. For some, Arizona is a paradise. For others it's hell on earth. Many people fall somewhere in the middle and neither love it nor hate it. Phoenix or Tucson will give you the most options for work. I know you mentioned your wife likes the heat, but have you ever visited during July/August to get a feel for the heat? Heck, let me include September - mid October to that.

I think if you have a good nest egg that can carry you for six months to a year you could probably make the jump. Does your wife work? Having two incomes will significantly improve your chances on a smoother transition. Good luck!
Dont forget June, which always seems to bring our hottest temps. Who can forget the long string of 110-118 this June?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona