U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2016, 09:13 PM

1,509 posts, read 3,251,363 times

Advertisements

My daughter is visiting from California so I took her out to Canyon Lake for some jet skiing.
110 today? No problem.
What a day it was.
The kids are back in school so the crowds are now gone, the weather was incredible, the lake was glossy smooth, the water was a little over 80 and there were maybe 5 boats on the entire lake. We had the place to ourselves.
The bighorn sheep were out in full force and we went all the way to the end of the lake to enjoy the sandy beach and beautiful mountain views. We were the only people there.
A picture perfect day on a beautiful desert lake.
I've lived here for over 5 years now and this place still captivates me.

I just love Arizona.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2016, 09:16 PM

4,866 posts, read 10,061,162 times
Me too...

Old 08-16-2016, 09:19 PM

5,230 posts, read 3,841,334 times
Me three.

Old 08-17-2016, 08:58 AM

5,618 posts, read 4,931,803 times
Me four.

Well, until the snowbirds arrive, that is. Then the solitude of our great parks is shattered and AZ turns into a silver-haired, rule-ignoring, restaurant-clogging, bad-driving nightmare.

Old 08-17-2016, 11:04 AM

114 posts, read 175,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick974 View Post
My daughter is visiting from California so I took her out to Canyon Lake for some jet skiing.
110 today? No problem.
What a day it was.
The kids are back in school so the crowds are now gone, the weather was incredible, the lake was glossy smooth, the water was a little over 80 and there were maybe 5 boats on the entire lake. We had the place to ourselves.
The bighorn sheep were out in full force and we went all the way to the end of the lake to enjoy the sandy beach and beautiful mountain views. We were the only people there.

I just love Arizona.
I'm not a snowbird, coming there for Oct/Nov, back to Ohio for 3 miserable months (don't ask) and then back to AZ for March/April. Been doing this for 4 years and yes, it still captivates me. Work used to make me travel the US, particularly all over FL, AZ and CA. The flatness and blandness of FL was easy to cross off my 2nd home list and while CA has a few good spots like Santa Ynez Valley, the COL and politics are disagreeable and then AZ, wow. I hate to leave and then can't wait to get back out. I motor through a variety of screen shots on my PC, all of AZ, and after being away for a couple of months, start searching for blog reports for people who have recently been there for hiking/cycling. Dang, just love it there.

Old 08-17-2016, 11:37 AM

5,230 posts, read 3,841,334 times
Aah, yes...

Individuals captivated with, and flat out LOVIN' Arizona! How much more could anyone ask?

Old 08-17-2016, 02:23 PM

3,491 posts, read 6,309,443 times
I love Arizona as well.

Old 08-17-2016, 02:49 PM

249 posts, read 162,128 times
Another Arizona lover here!
We moved here last year from California and we're glad we did. California has a plentitude of offerings but it's become so expensive, and the liberal-leftist politics are putting so much strain on business and individual freedom that lots of people are moving out.
Arizona's landscape is more than just a vast desert, it has so much to see and do. I don't see how anyone can get bored with so much outdoor recreation around the state.

Old 08-17-2016, 02:51 PM

3,658 posts, read 3,760,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick974 View Post
110 today? No problem.
What a day it was.

I just love Arizona.
Sweet! Which part of Arizona do you live in?

We have friends who moved there (north Phoenix I think?) and at first they were bummed 'cause they didn't like "desert" in general, however, that's where he landed because of a job. It's been almost 10 years and they are staying put because now they really love it!

Old 08-17-2016, 07:56 PM

1,509 posts, read 3,251,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podo944 View Post
Sweet! Which part of Arizona do you live in?

We have friends who moved there (north Phoenix I think?) and at first they were bummed 'cause they didn't like "desert" in general, however, that's where he landed because of a job. It's been almost 10 years and they are staying put because now they really love it!
I live in the Pheonix valley but almost as far east as you can go and still be considered in the Phoenix metro area. Lots of lakes and a large river on this side of town. Technically I'm in east Mesa.
Great area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona