Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2016, 06:03 AM

844 posts, read 1,442,865 times

Advertisements

I imagine that living in a hot state like Arizona that HVAC owners have ALOT of money, would I be correct in my assumption?

They should make enough money from May to September that they don't even have to work the rest of the year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2016, 07:46 AM

17,302 posts, read 22,039,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZORAC View Post
I imagine that living in a hot state like Arizona that HVAC owners have ALOT of money, would I be correct in my assumption?

They should make enough money from May to September that they don't even have to work the rest of the year.
With heat comes competition......not everyone is going to be successful because they sell and service AC units in a hot climate.

I know a few guys in that industry and not a single one is a multi-millionaire.....heck not one of them is a millionaire.

Here is a Florida based guy that services 29 states! I would say he hit that "multi-millionaire" status long ago.
CMS Nextech History | HVACR Industry Leader, HVACR Service Company Melbourne FL

CMS Nextech self performs in 29 states with 8 regional offices located throughout the United States. Each regional office is fully staffed and is responsible for dispatching technicians, quality control and managing the work performed within each region. – Click here to view CMS Nextech coverage map

CMS Nextech has over 350 company owned service trucks on the road. All trucks are equipped with GPS tracking and an inventory of commonly used parts. Each truck’s location is monitored to ensure that customers receive the most accurate estimated time of arrival, high quality service and accuracy of billing.

Old 08-27-2016, 07:48 AM

3,109 posts, read 2,971,505 times
No, as much as they've tried to make it a mob like racket, they have failed. There is a parallel hvac sector of Mexican-Americans doing systems for 1/3 of the cost. Many savvy gringo will use these companies, as well. The likes of Carrier and Trane protect themselves with proprietary expensive parts, so the resellers profit will even be less. Show me an HVAC guy with a 45K pick-up truck and I'll show you someone with bad credit, and a late notice from their cell phone provider. A good service person could make 80K+ per year (rare), but they might have a nice limp from a ladder fall to go with it. I could get techs for 10 USD an hour....and you know AZ's motto was "Students and retirees encouraged to apply"...now it's "part-time, seasonal, temporary, sub-contractor, no benefits"......dream on.

Old 08-27-2016, 08:28 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,391,525 times
it depends on the area, around here the hvac people that make the good living are the seafood boats and ware house chiller systems. but the money in prevention maintance and new construction during the off season. just say the heat repair season is the gravy.

Old 08-27-2016, 09:28 AM

6,405 posts, read 8,986,231 times
The market is saturated with HVAC companies. Owners of the large companies must be doing well but I'd imagine there's smaller mom 'n' pop companies that are successful but not wealthy. I thought about getting into the business a number of years ago but chose not to do so after talking with some guys in the business.

Old 08-27-2016, 02:40 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,950,661 times
The prices they charge they ought to all be multi millionaiers!

Old 08-27-2016, 09:23 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,332,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZORAC View Post

Hamstra Heating and Cooling is based in Tucson with probably 80 or so total employees. The Hamstra family are definitely millionaires, their technicians that do all the installations and servicing, not so much. Like others have mentioned, the small companies with 1-5 employees, the owners are definitely not multi-millionaires or even millionaires, but the larger companies with dozens and dozens of employees, those owners could be worth some money.

Old 08-29-2016, 05:25 PM

44,628 posts, read 61,611,846 times
No, the companies that manufacture the equipment that are sold to the HVAC owners are the wealthy ones. Most HVAC owners are hard working average people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona