U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 12:42 PM

1 posts, read 5,460 times

Advertisements

Good afternoon! My husband and I are moving from Mass. to Florence Arizona. Ya I know it's gonna be a long move for us. We are just tired of Mass. There's nothing here and the people are very rude here. I would like information if possible on renting either apartments or mobile homes or houses possibly with 3 or more bedrooms or i'll even take a 2 bedroom if have to. We are looking to relocate with in the next few weeks, so if anyone from arizona or around that area can help me I really appreciate it....Thank you for your time.....

Mandy
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2008, 09:28 PM

1 posts, read 5,460 times
Default moving

[quote=luvnwolves27;2899679]Good afternoon! im in jamaica but i saw your request onlinetrywww.sublets.com.arizona goodluck

Old 02-26-2008, 01:34 AM

1 posts, read 5,438 times
call the chamber of commerce in Florence.
We moved there in 1999 and by contacting them first, we were able to locate
a nice apartment, connect the utilities, all by phone. People there are very
friendly. When we arrived there fromTexas, we already had a place to lay our
tired bodies. Plenty of jobs, if you all want to take on Prison jobs. Pays well.
Good luck. say Hi to the Pankey's from sam and mary from Texas...

Old 03-25-2008, 09:39 PM

3 posts, read 12,794 times
Hi -- I was also thinking of moving to Florence, , go to SocialServe.com. It's a wonderful site - gives you the choice of state etc. Been on it almost all day - just wished that they had OK listed. Been looking for affordable housing since I'm on a fixed income.

Good luck

Old 03-26-2008, 10:30 AM

551 posts, read 2,589,277 times
Have you already visited Florance? If not, you definitely should make 1 or 2 trips out there first. Although it is one of the many booming-endless-new-houses cities, it is still basically a government & prison city.

Will you be working or retiring when you get here? That also could have a huge impact on your quality of life in Florance.

Old 03-26-2008, 02:29 PM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,179 posts, read 6,607,812 times
Have you ever BEEN to Florence? Just wondered....so many other areas of AZ that are so much...well...never mind

Old 05-15-2009, 07:58 AM

2 posts, read 6,388 times
Default living in florence, becoming unfriendly.

Yes I chose to live in Florence. Actually I am a winter inhabitant, going back north when it pushes up to 95. I bought a small place there and found it suited me just fine. They have Library, comprehensive hardware store and an historic atmosphere seldom matched anywhere. Small town, 3500 pop at large. More like 20,000 if you include the captives, but the prisons are all on the East side, out of town (except the federal homeland one hidden further north). I live west of Main so I am not aware of the prisons at all. I can see the mountains (Superstition) and the real estate prices are fabulous right now. I looked many places before settling on Florence. It is small yet close enough to Phoenix-Mesa to have convenient access to big city conveniences. Yep, I was a happy camper until this year.

With the construction bust, the city inspectors are out of work and they have turned on the existing town with a vengence. In less than 3 months I have had 2 registered letters threatening me with 30 days in jail because local plants (they call them weeds) have grown over 6 inches tall on my lot. I didnt get down this year (2008-2009) because of a heart problem, and stress is not good for me at the moment. The tone of the letters was goonish, thuggish. Obey or else. My god what do they do for jaywalking, -break your kneecaps? Or for a parking ticket- give you the electric chair? A fulltime resident I became friends with told me he is getting the same treatment over some materials he had stock-piled. He is trying to find a place out of town. As for me If they keep up this harassment I am going to quit Florence also. It's not worth the grief. Most rural towns welcome winter visitors. We are older, = no kids, no school cost. We underuse local utilities, but pay the full cost anyway etc. We are very cost effective, but the bureaucrats treat us like vermin. More sugar less vinegar would be nice. We will see how things go, but I'm getting turned off Florence at the moment.

Old 05-15-2009, 08:33 AM

35,084 posts, read 45,178,259 times
No sympathy here. You have responsibilities as a homeowner. Just because you are old and live somewhere else for the rest of the year doesn't give you the right to blight the neighborhood. Hire someone to take care of your property in your absence. If you can't afford that, then sell.

Old 05-15-2009, 09:37 AM

17,841 posts, read 39,720,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Shake View Post
Have you already visited Florance? If not, you definitely should make 1 or 2 trips out there first. Although it is one of the many booming-endless-new-houses cities, it is still basically a government & prison city.

Will you be working or retiring when you get here? That also could have a huge impact on your quality of life in Florance.
Florence proper is NOT a booming endless new house town. The Anthem development is north of there, and not really Florence as such. That said, the main employers are the prison and the county govt. If you are planning on working, have a good financial cushion if you do not already have a job.

Houses/apts for rent, follow the other suggestions given here.

Old 05-15-2009, 08:31 PM

4,201 posts, read 12,985,587 times
thermo....

can't you just hire some neighbor kid to weed-whack your yard??.....your fulltime friend should be able to help you find a kid if you are gone for the summer.....you owe it to your neighbors who probably take care of their yards....

somebody here described Florence as "ugly".....do what you can to dispel that image and take pride in your property....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona