Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Prop 205 to Legalize Recreational Marijuana in Arizona
I vote YES. 84 66.14%
I vote NO. 37 29.13%
Undecided / No Opinion 6 4.72%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2016, 09:53 AM

8,270 posts, read 8,648,895 times

Advertisements

This old man from Sun City voted YES this morning.

Old 11-08-2016, 10:33 AM

3,365 posts, read 5,235,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
Exactly. The very reason why those opposing this have made zero substantive arguments. They simply don't have one. Their only driver is fear.
This comment is the equivalent of you putting your fingers in your ear and screaming "I can't hear you la la la." Only one of you wanted to even discuss the facts about 150 posts ago then abruptly stopped. I've given up because it is clear you want to get high and don't give a rat's ass about the actual law and it's issues, all you see is your legal weed and the rest is meaningless to you. You want more substantive argents here is another one in the link below.

Greedy people acting in their own self interest wrote this law and sold people like you on it based on the growing consensus that pot should be legal and taxed. They slapped a tiny 15% tax on it and are patting themselves on the back as they are poised to make billions off of it for themselves and their tiny exclusive little club. hats off to them they fooled most people into thinking this will refocus law enforcement or pay money to schools, $0.50 per student is chump change (weird how everything this law is only 0.5 except the potential profits for the dispensaries). Good job you helped them do it, you assisted in passing a horribly written law; you are an unwitting corporate tool.

Kwok: Why I support legalizing marijuana but will vote no on Prop. 205

Old 11-08-2016, 10:50 AM

9,196 posts, read 16,639,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Manager View Post
This comment is the equivalent of you putting your fingers in your ear and screaming "I can't hear you la la la." Only one of you wanted to even discuss the facts about 150 posts ago then abruptly stopped. I've given up because it is clear you want to get high and don't give a rat's ass about the actual law and it's issues, all you see is your legal weed and the rest is meaningless to you. You want more substantive argents here is another one in the link below.

Greedy people acting in their own self interest wrote this law and sold people like you on it based on the growing consensus that pot should be legal and taxed. They slapped a tiny 15% tax on it and are patting themselves on the back as they are poised to make billions off of it for themselves and their tiny exclusive little club. hats off to them they fooled most people into thinking this will refocus law enforcement or pay money to schools, $0.50 per student is chump change (weird how everything this law is only 0.5 except the potential profits for the dispensaries). Good job you helped them do it, you assisted in passing a horribly written law; you are an unwitting corporate tool.

Kwok: Why I support legalizing marijuana but will vote no on Prop. 205
I haven't smoked weed in a very long time so your inference that I want to get high is completely false. I'm simply pro-freedom. I stand by my position that those opposing it haven't come up with a single valid argument. It's evidenced throughout this thread. It's been fear-mongering and nothing more.

While I agree, it's a pretty poorly written piece, it's a start in the right direction. Also, I couldn't care less if others are able to profit from this. Good for them. I'm not jealous.

Old 11-08-2016, 12:08 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,956,168 times
Why do we keep making this unfounded assertion that people using pot are brainless or unproductive? I work with a lot of business leaders in this State and others daily who smoke regularly. The assumption that it's for slackers is a stigma that needs to go and is rooted in reefer madness.

It's not any different than drinking a beer other than hoopla that surrounds it from "small government" conservatives.

Old 11-08-2016, 12:40 PM

2,773 posts, read 5,724,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Why do we keep making this unfounded assertion that people using pot are brainless or unproductive? I work with a lot of business leaders in this State and others daily who smoke regularly. The assumption that it's for slackers is a stigma that needs to go and is rooted in reefer madness.

It's not any different than drinking a beer other than hoopla that surrounds it from "small government" conservatives.
I don't think this is always a lib vs con argument because I've met plenty o'morons on both sides of the argument.

Whenever someone does bring up the weed is for the brain dead argument I offer them the $50 weed vs vodka challenge: I'll smoke (or vape/eat, whatever) $50 worth of weed (haven't smoked in decades) and you drink $50 worth of vodka from Fry's (top shelf, bottom shelf, it doesn't matter) and then we can discuss which one of us killed more cells.

Old 11-08-2016, 01:01 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,003,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
LOL, I suppose you think the war on drugs has been effective?
Never said that but it's not an either or situation, there IS middle ground, you just refuse to see it. I wonder why that is?

Old 11-08-2016, 01:03 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,003,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
Again, the critics always ignore the fact that their criticisms were launched with regard to medical marijuana. None of their fears manifested. The opposition to marijuana is nothing more than a conspiracy of the religious right. It's the same group that opposed same sex marriage. This is a cultural issue. Legalizing marijuana is an attack on their culture and religion. It doesn't matter if it reduces crime, gives money to schools and prevents law enforcement for having to enforce petty crimes not to mention increasing access to people who want it so they don't need to get a medical marijuana card. This comes from the same mentality of people who feel they have the right to tell you what to do your in own living room because their religion says so.

This is very much a religious issue and don't let anyone convince you otherwise. It comes down to classic good ole boy Evangelical dogma. They opposed same sex marriage primarily on the idea that if you legalize same sex marriage, you are announcing to society that it is acceptable and thus their kids may be influence. It's the same argument. They feel that if you legalize pot, you are sending a message that it's okay to smoke it and you will influence their kids to smoke it. That is the REAL reason they opposite. It's time to send a message to these wing nuts and approve it. If they don't like it, they can move to Utah.
Again with the insults and painting with a broad brush. Is this the best you can come up with?

Old 11-08-2016, 01:08 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,639,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Never said that but it's not an either or situation, there IS middle ground, you just refuse to see it. I wonder why that is?
It's either legal or it's illegal. What do you propose?

Old 11-08-2016, 09:29 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,293,313 times
So far, it looks like it won't pass but there are a lot of votes left particularly in Pima county which leans left.

Old 11-09-2016, 12:53 AM

3,409 posts, read 4,630,948 times
If prop 205 doesn't pass, will there be another effort next time to make it better?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona