Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Prop 205 to Legalize Recreational Marijuana in Arizona
I vote YES. 84 66.14%
I vote NO. 37 29.13%
Undecided / No Opinion 6 4.72%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2016, 06:33 PM

2,926 posts, read 3,098,706 times

Advertisements

In WA, they have some tests/limits that show actual intoxication, not just the residuals that if you smoke all the time will stay in your system for as long as 30 days.

And I must say elk, do you really think that if this doesn't pass, it will stop people from using? I am sorry, but the answer is no. And forgive me for saying so, but you do not live in AZ, so basically, you do not have a dog in this fight.

Driving while drunk will make you run stop signs. At the worst, driving while stoned will make you stop at the stop sign and wait for it to turn green.

Old 10-08-2016, 08:02 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,640,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
Elko,

Do you think that if someones uses cannabis on October 1st that they are still intoxicated on October 31st?

Based on your post, it seems like that is what you believe.

Oh well. If you're dumb enough ta smoke it it's your loss. And mistake. And dumb luck. And chance. I just don't feel like playing bumper cars on the road with all you dorks high on pot and alcohol at the same time. Period.
So you do think if someone uses cannabis once they will be intoxicated for a month.

Truly incredible that someone in this day and age can actually believe that. I still have hope as people like you HAVE to be a tiny (1% or less) part of the population.

Old 10-08-2016, 09:16 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,511,797 times
So you do think if someone uses cannabis once they will be intoxicated for a month.

Truly incredible that someone in this day and age can actually believe that. I still have hope as people like you HAVE to be a tiny (1% or less) part of the population.

Where are you finding that I think that? I never said the above. I simply disagree with the logic of legalizing pot and condoning a more widespread usage of it. I am not commenting on the 30-day spread here. Simply the stupidity of condoning it's overusage and it's dangerous mixture with alcohol. Repeat: I don't care about the 30-day rule! If you're dumb enough ta screw around with it on October 1st, you're also stupid enough ta pay the penalty for it with a positive test on the 17th, 21st, 25th or October 31st.

People are so distracted now that adding anything else to the driving mixture is just plain stupid. Period.

Old 10-08-2016, 09:27 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,970,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post

His posts indicate he's smarter than us burnouts.

Old 10-08-2016, 09:55 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,511,797 times
Driving while drunk will make you run stop signs. At the worst, driving while stoned will make you stop at the stop sign and wait for it to turn green.

If you mix them together you've got not only annoying drivers (we see those every day in America with the Dale Earnhardt driving methods - look where it got Daddy), but now they're gonna zone out and get in people's way, drive too slow, etc. Just not a good combination. I never said I'm smarter than any of you. I'm simply saying that it's not laid out clear enough that it's a smart thing ta drive under the influence of pot and wholesale condone it's usage.

Tax money for the states? Ah, now we're talking financially. Whole other twist on this pup, huh?

Old 10-09-2016, 12:15 AM

394 posts, read 343,506 times
Okay - I'll bite...

For all those that think legalization will garner tax revenue... Why would it?... Pot smokers will grow their own - or buy on current black market for less (because of no tax).

I'm not stating an opinion regarding legalization... But there are multitudes of considerations in order to make an informed opinion.

I will say, I'm not thrilled about driving around a stoner (slow, unaware, and possible pre-occupied loading another bowl)... AFAIK there is no test to determine how long prior someone ingested THC... so law enforcement is expected to determine intoxication... Is the person stoned or just stupid? Do we really have the facilities and resources to sort that one out?

Old 10-09-2016, 12:23 AM

1,995 posts, read 2,080,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_Rookie View Post
Okay - I'll bite...

For all those that think legalization will garner tax revenue... Why would it?... Pot smokers will grow their own - or buy on current black market for less (because of no tax).

I'm not stating an opinion regarding legalization... But there are multitudes of considerations in order to make an informed opinion.

I will say, I'm not thrilled about driving around a stoner (slow, unaware, and possible pre-occupied loading another bowl)... AFAIK there is no test to determine how long prior someone ingested THC... so law enforcement is expected to determine intoxication... Is the person stoned or just stupid? Do we really have the facilities and resources to sort that one out?
copied from another thread.

Quote:
Marijuana has many different strains that do different things and there are new strains coming out as soon as somebody engineers them. Marijuana has different chemicals that will help it grow, some organic, some toxic. There are toxic chemicals that can be added to make the Marijuana seem to be more potent. There are diseases and insects that can ruin a plant, even after its been sold. There are other drugs that can be laced on to marijuana to make poorly grown feel better than it is or should be. There are shady dealers, and shady situations. You can be shortchanged, or stiffed all together. NONE of these things will happen if you buy from a business.

With a business there is usually also a nicer variety, a background of information about the product and a willingness and desire to help with it and with other related questions or concerns. There are the little extras like pipes and lighters, there is no waiting on your dispensary to call you back or that he will be around "in a few hours", there is the knowledge your weed money isn't going to help the dealer expand to something that uses a needle.

I think a closer comparison would be if you are hungry and want a cheeseburger... Do you choose from five guys, in-n-out, mcdonalds, or do you go to the guy on the corner with a sign that says "burgers $2".
The quality guarantee, the security, the ease, the variety and choices, are DEFINATELY worth paying the tax.

Old 10-09-2016, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriver View Post
copied from another thread.

The quality guarantee, the security, the ease, the variety and choices, are DEFINATELY worth paying the tax.
When you're stoned - I guess it makes sense..

When you're not - reality rules.

You know the cliche' - "opinions are like _ holes, we all have one and they all stink"...

Let's hope AZ understands reality.

Old 10-09-2016, 09:40 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,970,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_Rookie View Post
When you're stoned - I guess it makes sense..

When you're not - reality rules.

You know the cliche' - "opinions are like _ holes, we all have one and they all stink"...

Let's hope AZ understands reality.
Enlighten us.

Old 10-09-2016, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Enlighten us.
Read post #56
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona