Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Prop 205 to Legalize Recreational Marijuana in Arizona
I vote YES. 84 66.14%
I vote NO. 37 29.13%
Undecided / No Opinion 6 4.72%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2016, 10:50 AM

1,995 posts, read 2,081,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_Rookie View Post
When you're stoned - I guess it makes sense..

When you're not - reality rules.

You know the cliche' - "opinions are like _ holes, we all have one and they all stink"...

Let's hope AZ understands reality.
Quote:
Read post #56
Is this a joke???

You made an uninformed comment, then when answered you refer back to your question, because you call me stoned??

Try making a response to the answer of your question, not to your question.

Old 10-09-2016, 10:54 AM

2,775 posts, read 5,732,813 times
Quote:
Okay - I'll bite...

For all those that think legalization will garner tax revenue... Why would it?... Pot smokers will grow their own - or buy on current black market for less (because of no tax).

I'm not stating an opinion regarding legalization... But there are multitudes of considerations in order to make an informed opinion.

I will say, I'm not thrilled about driving around a stoner (slow, unaware, and possible pre-occupied loading another bowl)... AFAIK there is no test to determine how long prior someone ingested THC... so law enforcement is expected to determine intoxication... Is the person stoned or just stupid? Do we really have the facilities and resources to sort that one out?

Whether tax revenues increase or not is nothing compared to the trillions wasted over the years fighting a plant!

Also, distracted driving has led to a bigger increase in fatalities, so maybe that issue should be resolved.

Old 10-09-2016, 11:11 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,971,772 times
Quote:
Read post #56
Any basis to that unsupported assertion?

If Colorado has shown us anything, it's that there is a large market of people who want to casually smoke without investing in growing marijuana nor visiting their local pill dealer.

These people, of which there are many, want a safe place to buy regulated marijuana and try the variety of strains available. Like beer, not all marijuana is the same. There are smooth strains, strong ones, weak ones, ones that make you productive, ones that make you a couch potato, ones with flavored, smells etc. Similar to people who like to try different beers. A casual user of marijuana is no different than the guy who drinks beer on the weekend.

I'm sure some will remain on the black market, but they already were on the black market.

Old 10-11-2016, 02:43 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,661,420 times
Quote:
Okay - I'll bite...

For all those that think legalization will garner tax revenue... Why would it?... Pot smokers will grow their own - or buy on current black market for less (because of no tax).

I'm not stating an opinion regarding legalization... But there are multitudes of considerations in order to make an informed opinion.

I will say, I'm not thrilled about driving around a stoner (slow, unaware, and possible pre-occupied loading another bowl)... AFAIK there is no test to determine how long prior someone ingested THC... so law enforcement is expected to determine intoxication... Is the person stoned or just stupid? Do we really have the facilities and resources to sort that one out?
I thought you were all for personal freedoms. Didn't you previously say that was a big reason for you moving here? Wouldn't passing this further our personal freedoms and liberties?

I'm not saying you are, but I don't see how you could possibly be against this and also be an advocate for freedom and personal responsibility.

Old 10-11-2016, 03:18 PM

394 posts, read 343,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
I thought you were all for personal freedoms. Didn't you previously say that was a big reason for you moving here? Wouldn't passing this further our personal freedoms and liberties?

I'm not saying you are, but I don't see how you could possibly be against this and also be an advocate for freedom and personal responsibility.
Again - you are interpreting something that wasn't written... Even the post you quoted said I wasn't giving an opinion on legalization...

I was addressing the often claimed "tax revenues"... And the lack of testing for driver impairment. Neither of those are indicated my position on legality.

But then again, on this forum people often interpret things based on their own perception and not based on what is actually written.

Old 10-11-2016, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Again - you are interpreting something that wasn't written... Even the post you quoted said I wasn't giving an opinion on legalization...

I was addressing the often claimed "tax revenues"... And the lack of testing for driver impairment. Neither of those are indicated my position on legality.

But then again, on this forum people often interpret things based on their own perception and not based on what is actually written.
No, that's not the case. Didn't you read where I said, "I'm not saying you are...against..."?

I'm just saying that I can't understand why such an outspoken advocate for "personal liberties and freedom" wouldn't be fully behind legalization.

Old 10-11-2016, 03:58 PM

394 posts, read 343,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
No, that's not the case. Didn't you read where I said, "I'm not saying you are...against..."?

I'm just saying that I can't understand why such an outspoken advocate for "personal liberties and freedom" wouldn't be fully behind legalization.
You don't know my position on legalization - so how could you draw any conclusions?

Old 10-11-2016, 04:13 PM

Quote:
You don't know my position on legalization - so how could you draw any conclusions?
You didn't share your position, but are pointing out reasons for why it shouldn't be legalized. Regardless of how you actually vote, that doesn't seem to align with the pro personal liberties and freedom mantra.

Old 10-11-2016, 04:17 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,514,186 times
Hang in there, AZ_Rookie. If people wanna go 'Up in Smoke', there's not much you can do. Running into my car and possibly injuring my family of myself? Now we've got a problem. We've got a big problem. Agreed, AZ_Rookie? That's my problem with this, driving under the influence of pot (+beer...meth?) and who knows what else someone may want to mix in with it, could very well equal disaster.

Not smart. Not good for individual freedom(s). Period.

Old 10-11-2016, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
Hang in there, AZ_Rookie. If people wanna go 'Up in Smoke', there's not much you can do. Running into my car and possibly injuring my family of myself? Now we've got a problem. We've got a big problem. Agreed, AZ_Rookie? That's my problem with this, driving under the influence of pot (+beer...meth?) and who knows what else someone may want to mix in with it, could very well equal disaster.

Not smart. Not good for individual freedom(s). Period.
Do you have any statistics to show that legalization will have an increase in driver impairment? Without, this is just fear mongering. People smoke plenty of weed today and I doubt legalization will have a huge impact on the level of use.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona