Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 12:20 AM

339 posts, read 1,262,685 times

Advertisements

Sorry to revive this thread, but how many rounds are you allowed to carry in a shotgun magazine in AZ, and how many for a handgun?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2008, 08:08 AM

82 posts, read 246,287 times
Now, That I understand what a CCW is all about. and Have decided to file for this permit I have found a question on the app.( Why are you appling for this permit)
Any correct suggestion for this answer? Family protection is my main concern.

Old 08-18-2008, 03:12 PM

54,494 posts, read 33,864,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by collinsl View Post
Sorry to revive this thread, but how many rounds are you allowed to carry in a shotgun magazine in AZ, and how many for a handgun?
You are allowed to carry as many as the magazine in the shotgun will hold, I don't think there is a limit, and the same goes for handguns. I know the "assault weapon" laws that were passed in 1994 are no longer applicable, at least not in Arizona, so there is no limit in the number of rounds, and I hope it stays that way.

Old 08-21-2008, 05:28 AM

339 posts, read 1,262,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
You are allowed to carry as many as the magazine in the shotgun will hold, I don't think there is a limit, and the same goes for handguns. I know the "assault weapon" laws that were passed in 1994 are no longer applicable, at least not in Arizona, so there is no limit in the number of rounds, and I hope it stays that way.
Thank you!

Old 08-21-2008, 08:35 AM

861 posts, read 2,191,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
I know somebody who goes to school in Phoenix. He said you only need a permit for concealed carry. Open carry requires nothing. Arizona's gun laws are pretty liberal. I remember him saying he could walk down his street with his AK with a 75 round drum in it in broad daylight and would have no problems. I wish other places were like that, lol.
As a kid I used to walk down the middle of Safford headed out to the country to hunt rabbits with a .22 rifle....no one ever bothered me. I still see that happening on the outskirts occasionally. I would imagine though that if a 15 year old kid walked down the street with a rifle now the police would stop him.

Thats too bad ....the wanna be gangbangers and low lifes have ruined it for the good kids.

Old 08-21-2008, 08:44 AM

1,775 posts, read 6,355,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saffordpastor View Post
As a kid I used to walk down the middle of Safford headed out to the country to hunt rabbits with a .22 rifle....no one ever bothered me. I still see that happening on the outskirts occasionally. I would imagine though that if a 15 year old kid walked down the street with a rifle now the police would stop him.

Thats too bad ....the wanna be gangbangers and low lifes have ruined it for the good kids.
When I was 10 I bought a Winchester 1906 pump .22 as a father's day gift for my dad. My mom put it on layaway at an antique store and I went to pick it up by myself. From there I walked with it about a mile to the church where my mom worked to put it in her car. This was a tiny town in TX and no one bothered me at all about it. I have that gun now and it's still a great shooter. Now that I'm an adult, I open carry all the time on my motorcycle. I've only been asked about it once, strangely enough, by a guy from UT who said he'd never seen anyone doing that before.

Old 09-01-2008, 08:57 PM

7 posts, read 28,394 times
Default The Arizona Gun Owners Guide

My good friend Alan Korwin wrote the above mentioned book. It's wriiten in plain eassy to understand English. He constantly updates the book for any changes to the laws. His website is: gunlaws.com / Bloomfield Press. If you are an avid gun owner, then you need this book! Enjoy!

Old 09-01-2008, 09:21 PM

326 posts, read 1,371,806 times
When I lived in Lake Havasu I stopped at my local gun shop to see if they'd fixed my AR-15. He handed it to me and said there was no charge, I told him I would go to my car and get my gun case. He then asked why as it was legal to openly carry it down the street. I replied it probably was, I just didn't want a cop to shoot me in the process!

Old 02-02-2009, 04:25 PM

1 posts, read 7,104 times
this links posts what states Arizona has agreements with for CCW permit recognition.
[url=http://ccw.azdps.gov/reciprocity/default.asp]Arizona Department of Public Safety-Concealed Weapons Permit Unit[/url]

Old 02-02-2009, 07:06 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,385,398 times
One more thing i haven't seen mentioned-- if you are in the habit of carrying concealed in your car because YOU have a permit, remember that any passengers should also have a permit if the concealed weapon is within their reach. We had an incident not too long ago when a passenger without a permit was charged with concealing because the driver had one in the console .... that was the day I went out and got my CCW, since ya just never know in AZ if someone is carrying. (And you thought those little purses those ladies carry were just for makeup!)

That doesn't apply if you have the weapon cased and in the trunk -- basically out of reach. Just somethin' to think about...

Good recap of all states --http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concealed_carry_in_the_United_States

Personally, I think people should go through the CCW class even if they aren't planning on carrying. The class I attended had a lot of good information, and I'm glad to know more about it. They really stressed safety and gave us some great legal advice (we had a cop and an attorney teaching the course.)

Y'all be safe out there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona