Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2017, 08:48 AM

4,073 posts, read 5,191,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdallas329 View Post
Yes I have thought of all that. I am anxious to be able to commute to work using the HOV lane!
The HOV lane really isn't a time saver. People ignore the HOV requirements all the time, i.e. single person in the car. More and more people are getting all electric vehicles for the same reason you are and clogging up that lane. It is only an HOV lane part of the day (during "rush hours"). I would wait until you can purchase one from an AZ dealer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2017, 08:02 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,998,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
What's the big rush except for maybe image or ego, JDallas? My advice would be to wait a few months for distribution to expand.

A major point to consider is SERVICE. Until the staff at your local Chevy Dealer has been trained and basic parts are stocked, even the most routine service could be an issue.

Another point . . . let the drivers in California and Oregon deal with the "new vehicle bugs" which are common with any vehicle release.
Its electric, so there aren't really many "parts" at all, compared to internal combustion cars. Plus, from what I gather, all the mechanical parts are standard Chevy parts bin stuff (read: nothing is unique to the Bolt minus the body and interior bits). Chevy has perfected the Volt, so I don't see why the Bolt is going to have any new car issues?

Old 01-11-2017, 12:25 PM

6,341 posts, read 14,745,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
Its electric, so there aren't really many "parts" at all, compared to internal combustion cars. Plus, from what I gather, all the mechanical parts are standard Chevy parts bin stuff (read: nothing is unique to the Bolt minus the body and interior bits). Chevy has perfected the Volt, so I don't see why the Bolt is going to have any new car issues?
Very few warranty claims are for internal "oil covered" engine parts, most claims are for switches, sensors, trim pieces etc.. The body and interior bits are where the claims are, not the gasoline engine. . As for being "perfected".. Lol.. No.. Gasoline engines have been perfected, the rest of the car, not so much.

Old 01-12-2017, 11:43 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,998,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippyman View Post
Very few warranty claims are for internal "oil covered" engine parts, most claims are for switches, sensors, trim pieces etc.. The body and interior bits are where the claims are, not the gasoline engine. . As for being "perfected".. Lol.. No.. Gasoline engines have been perfected, the rest of the car, not so much.
Like I said, most of the electrical bits are all standard GM parts bin items. I can almost guarantee that they are shared with the Spark, Volt, Cruze, etc, etc. And being in the dealership world as long as I was, we didn't really get body claims. Interior trim? From time to time. It was mostly electrical, and a lot of mechanical bits, too (ie suspension bushings, etc).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona