Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should you be allowed to shoot snakes & rats?
Yes 7 43.75%
No 7 43.75%
Unsure 2 12.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2017, 02:52 PM

8,046 posts, read 12,300,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Unless your life is in danger then NO one shouldnt be able to shoot a snake,rat OR ANYTHING!!
If they're on your property, I'd say you definitely have the right to shoot. Rattlesnakes are deadly venomous, and rats can bite & give you Rabies, so I believe that when you see a snake or rat, your life could very well be in danger. I'll even go as far to say that a property owner should be allowed to shoot human intruders even if they're not inside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corydon View Post
Rats multiply very fast and are covered in bacteria....

20 Things You Didn't Know About... Rats | DiscoverMagazine.com
4 A female rat can mate as many as 500 times with various males during a six-hour period of receptivity—a state she experiences about 15 times per year. Thus a pair of brown rats can produce as many as 2,000 descendants in a year if left to breed unchecked. (A rat matures sexually at age three to four months.) An average rat's life span is two to three years.
Absolutely right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriver View Post
Around here the rats get into the attics, eat the insulation, and other stuff you may have stored up there, they damage roofs, and that can lead to expensive repairs or even cause worse problems. The snakes can kill pets and small children.
Yes, and rats can also chew wiring. They're not only disgusting & dirty, but they can be devastating to a home. Anybody who has experienced roof rats knows what I mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
The problem with using poison for rats is, if you use it outside the home, then you stand a good chance of poisoning other critters unintentionally.
Yes, except if you place the poison in a shed or attic where you know there won't be any pets or other "critters" that you don't want to get rid of, that is a good option. Personally, I'd rather use rat poison than shoot at them, but I think the freedom should be in place do pretty much whatever you want on your own property. That's the main reason I'm leaning in favor of this bill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2017, 12:33 AM

7,646 posts, read 9,974,084 times
I think you guys are missing the point of this law.

Making it legal to shoot Snakes and Rats in city limits has nothing to do with animal curelty.

It is a sorely needed law to clean out some of the politicians infesting the state.

Old 01-17-2017, 07:36 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,984,441 times
Yeah, shoot snakes that eat the rats. Thats bloody brilliant! Humankind is a special kind of stupid, I swear.

I wont support this bill at all. In fact, I'd love to smack the idiots that penned it.

Old 01-17-2017, 10:29 AM

1,995 posts, read 2,084,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
Yeah, shoot snakes that eat the rats. Thats bloody brilliant! Humankind is a special kind of stupid, I swear.

I wont support this bill at all. In fact, I'd love to smack the idiots that penned it.
I like to think I can see both sides of it. Yes I completely agree, but on the other hand, lets say theres a rattlesnake roaming around in your backyard, where your dog normally goes to. You don't have the experience to catch it yourself, but feel comfortable shooting it with a pellet gun, (especially if you've never seen a rat in your house or yard).

I'm not sure how this would apply to the preserves or to the areas immediately adjacent to them, and I would like to think nearly everyone would get it... but I think after living here a while, we all know there will be some (probably methhead,) idiot that's going to be carrying 6 guns, running around, looking for a reason to practice his Rambo.

Old 01-17-2017, 05:58 PM

551 posts, read 695,516 times
Not a fan of shooting snakes, but I really like the idea of shooting rats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona