Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2017, 10:41 AM

7 posts, read 20,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salpointe59 View Post
Sierra Vista actually has houses available now. For some reason the population is actually thinning out. However I expect it to begin growing as the new President brings back the entire 11th Signal Brigade. I live in Town and Country and there are several housed avalible but I don't know your price range.
We're approved for the VA maximum but I think we're comfortable with anything less than 275k so that we're still able to contribute to our retirement accounts and not be house poor. Is the military pretty stretched out over the city or do they generally rent/buy in the same area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2017, 12:25 PM

532 posts, read 445,604 times
Default Sierra Vista Housing

Hi Syndicate,

My 2 cents for what it's worth.
I'm retired Army, moved 13 times, have bought and sold 4 times.

SV and surrounding area was fun to shop for housing, very much was a buyers market when I was looking.

Moved to Sierra Vista in 2012 and ended up leaving in 2013. Last duty station was Ft Huachuca, I loved the area and desert, my wife - not so much, though now she will let me move back if we are a near a big city such as Tucson.

If you are looking in Sierra Vista I recommend Sonny Lee (as a Realtor), exceptional in all aspects of customer care, nice person, nice small business and staff, expert on the area and he will put the needs of your family way way above any effort to sell you on anything
I was in the market in 2011-2012 in SV and for weeks I compiled long lists of properties to check out, I put money down twice , backed out and ended up renting and again Sonny was great .

Missing the desert -- currently living in Alaska

Old 04-20-2017, 05:54 PM

7 posts, read 20,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalabran View Post
Hi Syndicate,

My 2 cents for what it's worth.
I'm retired Army, moved 13 times, have bought and sold 4 times.

SV and surrounding area was fun to shop for housing, very much was a buyers market when I was looking.

Moved to Sierra Vista in 2012 and ended up leaving in 2013. Last duty station was Ft Huachuca, I loved the area and desert, my wife - not so much, though now she will let me move back if we are a near a big city such as Tucson.

If you are looking in Sierra Vista I recommend Sonny Lee (as a Realtor), exceptional in all aspects of customer care, nice person, nice small business and staff, expert on the area and he will put the needs of your family way way above any effort to sell you on anything
I was in the market in 2011-2012 in SV and for weeks I compiled long lists of properties to check out, I put money down twice , backed out and ended up renting and again Sonny was great .

Missing the desert -- currently living in Alaska
Thanks for the info, Sonny is one of the people I was keying in on for realtors I'd like to work with. According to one of the buyers trends documents I saw it still very much seems to be a Buyer's market for anything north of 200K so I'm hoping that is actually true. Thanks again!

Old 04-27-2017, 05:10 PM

2,981 posts, read 2,931,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Sierra Vista WILL give you far more choices in regards to housing. Having aid that. SV to Wilcox or SV to Tucson (eventually) would be a really LONG commute so you may indeed want to look at Benson/ Eventually (supposedly) the new developments on highway 90 south of Benson proper will increase the housing supply. It keeps getting pushed back though so I'm not sure when it will actually happen (if at all).

Ken
Hi LordBalfor, we came up 90 yesterday
and now there is a couple of big yellow signs stating "Cottonwood Expansion".

Do you think this is the new development starting soon???? Thanks

And by the way hope your okay with the fire!

Old 04-28-2017, 09:43 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,319,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevelationWriter View Post
Hi LordBalfor, we came up 90 yesterday
and now there is a couple of big yellow signs stating "Cottonwood Expansion".

Do you think this is the new development starting soon???? Thanks

And by the way hope your okay with the fire!
I honestly don't know when the new development will start. I do think it WILL happen, just not sure WHEN.

Yeah, at least at the moment it looks the fire is going to pass south of us.

Ken

Old 05-06-2017, 12:18 AM

2,981 posts, read 2,931,619 times
We went to Whetstone and there is a pretty New Entrance to the side of there
with signs and pamphlets called "Phase 1 & 2" started 40 of 170 lots already
of Cottonwood Expansion available for building 35K for a one acre lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona