Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2017, 03:01 PM

2 posts, read 2,774 times

Advertisements

So I moving from NY to AZ soon and I'm gonna be driving my car over. Do I need an AZ license?
Do I need an AZ registration and license plates for my car? The registration is under my parents name and address and they won't be moving. Is it possible to just keep everything the same?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2017, 03:08 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,398,231 times
Are you moving here to go to school full time, or to work? That makes a difference. If you are a full time student, you don't need either one, if you are moving here to work, you should get an AZ license; the fact that the owner of the car doesn't live here MAY give you an out on the registration.

There is some information here: https://www.azdot.gov/mvd/NewtoAZ/welcome! You can also call the MVD to get clarification.

Old 05-25-2017, 09:27 PM

2,925 posts, read 3,090,239 times
^^^^ this. If you are moving here permanently to work, etc., I would suggest switching all your stuff over to AZ. Arizona is a terrible place™️, but most did come from elsewhere. If a person is looking for a job here, I think (assume) that employers want someone that has an AZ phone # and is also otherwise committed to staying a while.

Old 05-26-2017, 06:25 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,490,111 times
^^^^ this. If you are moving here permanently to work, etc., I would suggest switching all your stuff over to AZ. Arizona is a terrible place™️, but most did come from elsewhere. If a person is looking for a job here, I think (assume) that employers want someone that has an AZ phone # and is also otherwise committed to staying a while.

Hey, teddyearp, where'd ya get that tiny TM insignia above? Nice. Is it from that same Microsoft page that tells you how to make the degree sign, along with all sorts of other typing shortcuts? I'd love ta know how ya did it, partner!

Old 05-26-2017, 06:59 AM

2,925 posts, read 3,090,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post

Hey, teddyearp, where'd ya get that tiny TM insignia above? Nice. Is it from that same Microsoft page that tells you how to make the degree sign, along with all sorts of other typing shortcuts? I'd love ta know how ya did it, partner!
Well, I did use it as a joke, I did not trade mark that saying. After looking through the windows character map, I just googled 'trade mark sign' and found this page:

™️ Trade Mark Sign Emoji

Old 05-26-2017, 11:44 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,490,111 times
And it is 77▫️ here in Grandview, MO (Kansas City). Uhh - that degree symbol I copied sits a little low, don't cha think, teddy? Thanks for that link!

Old 06-08-2017, 05:57 PM

2 posts, read 2,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
Are you moving here to go to school full time, or to work? That makes a difference. If you are a full time student, you don't need either one, if you are moving here to work, you should get an AZ license; the fact that the owner of the car doesn't live here MAY give you an out on the registration.

There is some information here: https://www.azdot.gov/mvd/NewtoAZ/welcome! You can also call the MVD to get clarification.

I'm actually moving for school so it's good to know that I don't need to change anyThing. Thank you

Old 06-14-2017, 07:50 PM

71 posts, read 115,767 times
Anyone know what License and Registration is on cars in AZ?

Old 06-15-2017, 07:03 AM

3,424 posts, read 2,916,695 times
its a formula based on retail price of your car and its age I believe

Old 06-15-2017, 08:42 AM

2,096 posts, read 3,808,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebreakwhatever View Post
Anyone know what License and Registration is on cars in AZ?
It's based on the value of your vehicle. Coming from MA I was use to this charge,they disguised it as an "excise tax" which you receive in the mail every March. Many people are in for a shock if your current state doesn't have this,I think mine were around $600-$700 for a brand new truck. The flip side is the reg fees and new title are ridiculously cheap along with your new license. My new license was only $17.00 which includes a motorcycle license and is good until I'm 65. This license is not going to be accepted by TSA to pass through airport security by 10/2020 but you can just use your passport if you have one.

https://www.tripsavvy.com/get-an-ari...icense-2677249

Quote:
Arizona Vehicle License Tax
The state also charges a vehicle license tax (VLT) at every registration and renewal. This tax is assessed for each $100 of your vehicle's value. Note that the value of your vehicle is calculated as 60% of the original manufacturer's retail price, and that total will be lowered by 16.25% at every registration renewal.
For each $100 of the vehicle's value, you will be assessed:
New vehicles: $2.80.
Used vehicles: $2.89.
Alternative Fuel Vehicle: $4.
Please note that if you are registering your vehicle for 2 years or 5 years, you will be responsible for paying the total tax amount for all years you are registering for.
Arizona Car Registration Requirements & Steps | DMV.org
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona