Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2018, 10:29 PM

85 posts, read 473,875 times

Advertisements

Hey Everyone,

About a month ago i was involved in an accident which was caused by other party. When officer asked me for my license, he noticed that i had corrective lenses requirement on it. And i wasn't wearing my prescription glasses at that time. So he gave me ticket for it. My ticket required me to go to court. I have met with the prosecutor, the only option they gave me was to take vision test again at DMV or get lasik surgery done. Basically i have to prove that i don't need glasses for them to drop the charge. Now i have never thought about getting lasik done. I am kinda scared of it and i am ok with my glasses for them to drop the charge. I don't know how to get out of this situation. I have reading glasses, i can see people and roads just fine without it. Plus , this accident was't even caused by me. If i dont do any of step above to prove that i don't need glasses, they will charge me. Never in my dreams, i ever thought that not wearing glasses once will lead me into misdemeanor charge. I am in proceess of becoming healthcare provider and i feel like getting misdemeanor charge will destory my career in health profession (i.e board license, job application ). Has anyone been in this situation?? I thought about hiring attorney but i thought they couldnt help me. I dont have much time left as i have court appointment next week.

If you guys know anything about it, please let me know. I really appreciate your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2018, 04:23 AM

1,023 posts, read 1,455,201 times
Why don't you just say that you were wearing contact lenses at the time of the accident?

Old 02-24-2018, 05:30 AM

20,165 posts, read 9,065,378 times
why would he lie about it in court? he wasn't wearing glasses as a condition of his driving privilege?

Old 02-24-2018, 08:59 AM

9,601 posts, read 31,725,751 times
GOOD GRIEF, NXTMD . . . you have been offered two solutions to conform to the law we all must adhere to yet you want more?

You claim to be "in the process of becoming a Healthcare Provider" yet are "KINDA SCARED" of Lasik Surgery?

Being mildly nearsighted, I had Lasik Surgery about 18 years ago. The process was relatively quick and simple even back then. I am certain it has been improved / simplified a great deal since as well as much more affordable.

Have you considered NO LICENSE / Public Transportation?

Old 02-27-2018, 05:03 PM

4,235 posts, read 14,073,730 times
a misdemeanor?.....just pay the fine or whatever and get on with your life.....

and why does your license say you need corrective lenses if you, as you say, don't really (??) need them?

did you take the vision test again?......if you pass, sounds like you're free of all this, right?.....

I don't think a misdemeanor like this will jeopardize your career.....but be honest during job interviews....

I got LASIK 19 years ago and am entirely happy.....if you do it, make sure you're a qualified/good candidate and follow the doctor's instructions....you will need stronger reading glasses later, regardless

Old 02-27-2018, 05:08 PM

3,365 posts, read 5,249,787 times
If you are worried about it and don't want to do what they offered then let them prosecute. You could come out with a better deal or a worse one, or you could just do what they already told you to do.

Old 02-27-2018, 08:32 PM

17,642 posts, read 22,668,086 times
@ NXTMD,

Have you served in our military? Some VA hospitals are now doing Cataract surgery. Make an appointment with a VA Ophthalmologist. You can also see an Optometrist for new glasses.

I had Cataract surgery. The surgery team treated me with much respect & care. I see much better now.

Old 02-28-2018, 09:43 PM

375 posts, read 610,277 times
I have that requirement on my license also. Normally, I just need reading glasses but I took the exam on a day when I guess my old eyes just wouldn't focus. The machine was this clunky old thing from the 50's. Most of the incandescent lamps burned out.
Rather than fight it, I took an eye exam which confirmed my own assessment. Requested a prescription none the less and bought some prescription glasses which are really just reading glasses. I hang them around my neck with a strap when I drive. Don't need 'em to drive safely.
Technically - I guess I'm wearing them. I think I'm a better driver since I'm always scanning for cops and never drive by donut shops.
I didn't read the law so YMMV
Which reminds me of the defense that a driver offered for running a blinking red light without a full stop.
"But officer- I zipped though between blinks"

Old 03-01-2018, 07:03 AM

1,699 posts, read 2,436,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azdr0710 View Post
.you will need stronger reading glasses later, regardless
Not always... My glasses, just for reading, are less strong now as 10 years ago.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona