Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2018, 06:10 AM

994 posts, read 971,101 times

Advertisements

I willl be driving the 40 from NC , no cruise control
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2018, 09:01 PM

545 posts, read 1,486,793 times
Are we driving the same highways? The 17 south from Flagstaff is practically a Grand Prix every weekend. Almost everyone is doing 85 or more. The 10 from Phoenix to Cali? Pretty sure there's always a cluster of cars that flies by me going about 90 and I see very little DPS activity once you get past SR 85 going that way. I typically get the cruise around 8 over and people pass me like I'm standing still. Fines are steep here, but people drive fast. Too fast...

Old 08-12-2018, 09:52 PM

44,649 posts, read 61,691,885 times
Welcome to AZ folks, we can use the extra money. Remember in AZ that 20+ miles over the posted speed limit is a felony and you will be arrested on the spot and your vehicle confiscated.

Old 08-13-2018, 09:10 AM

9,196 posts, read 16,661,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
Welcome to AZ folks, we can use the extra money. Remember in AZ that 20+ miles over the posted speed limit is a felony and you will be arrested on the spot and your vehicle confiscated.
Nice attempt at fear-mongering. None of this is true whatsoever. Excessive speeding is a class 3 (the lowest level) misdemeanor in AZ.

https://www.azleg.gov/ars/28/00701-02.htm

Old 08-13-2018, 10:59 AM

https://www.city-data.com/forum/arizo...ts-real-6.html
Yes thank you, a misdemeanor but it becomes a criminal record and can become a more serious offense under certain circumstances.

A criminal speeding charge requires a driver to get criminally arraigned and attend several court dates with a prosecutor and judge. Arizona’s excessive speeding, also known as criminal speeding, is a Class 3 Misdemeanor. If convicted of excessive speeding, you’re left with permanent criminal record and several lasting collateral consequences. With up to 30 days jail, 1 year probation, and $915 in fines and surcharges, criminal speeding is more than just a traffic ticket; it’s a criminal prosecution that can affect your future, career, and finances.
https://tobinlawoffice.com/excessive-speeding-arizona/

Old 08-13-2018, 11:21 AM

Quote:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/arizo...ts-real-6.html
Yes thank you, a misdemeanor but it becomes a criminal record and can become a more serious offense under certain circumstances.

A criminal speeding charge requires a driver to get criminally arraigned and attend several court dates with a prosecutor and judge. Arizona’s excessive speeding, also known as criminal speeding, is a Class 3 Misdemeanor. If convicted of excessive speeding, you’re left with permanent criminal record and several lasting collateral consequences. With up to 30 days jail, 1 year probation, and $915 in fines and surcharges, criminal speeding is more than just a traffic ticket; it’s a criminal prosecution that can affect your future, career, and finances.
https://tobinlawoffice.com/excessive-speeding-arizona/
It's still only a misdemeanor. No one's life will be ruined because of an excessive speeding citation. The point is, telling people that they are going to receive a felony, go to jail "on the spot" and have their car "confiscated" for speeding is complete and utter garbage. Let's stick to facts over fear.

Old 08-13-2018, 10:13 PM

I already conceded the fact that basically it is a misdemeanor. But I know someone who was caught speeding 120mph on I-17 north of phoenix and was arrested on the spot, vehicle impounded and served 1 .5 years for reckless driving, endangerment speeding and other circumstances that applied. It was a felony arrest.

You made your point, I made my point, case closed.

Old 08-13-2018, 10:43 PM

Quote:
I already conceded the fact that basically it is a misdemeanor. But I know someone who was caught speeding 120mph on I-17 north of phoenix and was arrested on the spot, vehicle impounded and served 1 .5 years for reckless driving, endangerment speeding and other circumstances that applied. It was a felony arrest.

You made your point, I made my point, case closed.
It’s not ‘basically a misdemeanor’ It IS a misdemeanor. “Other circumstances that applied” make your anecdote irrelevant. No one’s getting a felony for speeding alone. Trying to scare people with nonsense won’t work.

Old 08-15-2018, 10:16 AM

136 posts, read 141,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
It’s not ‘basically a misdemeanor’ It IS a misdemeanor. “Other circumstances that applied” make your anecdote irrelevant. No one’s getting a felony for speeding alone. Trying to scare people with nonsense won’t work.

I was thinking the same thing about the same post.

Old 08-15-2018, 11:44 AM

50,917 posts, read 24,424,171 times
This whole thread seems to be an effort by speeders to condemn another group of law breakers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona