Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2018, 03:33 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,740,397 times

Advertisements

Interesting, Roadglide . . .

I have lived in both States and there's literally no comparison so when it was time to settle down, I picked Arizona and have never looked back.

The Arizona "pests" you refer to are no big deal. If you ignore the Snakes and Scorpions on the rare occasion you meet, they will ignore you. However, the Palmetto Bugs, Mosquitos and all the other flying buggers as well as the rodents in Georgia are a pain in the butt.

As for the weather . . . Arizona wins hands down. Not only Hot and Humid in Georgia but Cold and Humid during the Winter months. Nothing even close to that here in Arizona except for possibly the Rainy Season (July and August).

Good Luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2018, 03:59 PM

390 posts, read 308,566 times
Where in Georgia are you considering? Isn't Atlanta more congested than Boston?

Old 07-24-2018, 05:53 PM

369 posts, read 326,784 times
When you say moved to the mountain, are you still in Arizona somewhere?

SW Colorado, LaPlata Mts. now looking to move to Maine.

Last edited by Copymutt; 07-24-2018 at 05:54 PM.. Reason: Attach quote

Old 07-26-2018, 04:26 AM

50 posts, read 42,899 times
You guys are really helping Arizona take the number one spot!
"Where in Georgia are you considering? Isn't Atlanta more congested than Boston?"
I'd stay away from Atlanta, probably be a little more north. As far as congestion goes.. maybe, however boston roadways are so old, and not really but for cars never mind trucks. Even a more congested state fits better..

Old 07-26-2018, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Interesting, Roadglide . . .

I have lived in both States and there's literally no comparison so when it was time to settle down, I picked Arizona and have never looked back.

The Arizona "pests" you refer to are no big deal. If you ignore the Snakes and Scorpions on the rare occasion you meet, they will ignore you. However, the Palmetto Bugs, Mosquitos and all the other flying buggers as well as the rodents in Georgia are a pain in the butt.

As for the weather . . . Arizona wins hands down. Not only Hot and Humid in Georgia but Cold and Humid during the Winter months. Nothing even close to that here in Arizona except for possibly the Rainy Season (July and August).

Good Luck.
Thats good to hear about the Arizona pests! Truthfully the humidity is part of the appeal in that itd help with dry eye..

Old 07-26-2018, 05:09 AM

Also doesnt hurt that houses are so cheap in Georgia!

Old 07-26-2018, 10:19 AM

18,868 posts, read 8,514,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtAZ View Post
Knight Transportation is a big one in the trucking industry out here...HQ is in N. Phoenix and most of the warehouses are on the West side. You wouldn't have to live in Phoenix for this line of work...so if you want to stay out of dust storms, etc. you could look at Prescott, Camp Verde or some other northern locales.

Motorcycling in AZ? Can't think of a better base-camp for the Western US. There are miles and miles of wide open road.
It's great up to about 108-112 degrees!

Old 07-26-2018, 10:22 AM

18,868 posts, read 8,514,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
He's being facetious and referencing a thread that he started and seems to be very proud of. AZ is a great place.

I'll add that Phoenix would be the obvious choice given your desire for nightlife. Tucson, Prescott or Flagstaff MAY suffice. Motorcycle riding is tough to be a year-round thing in Phoenix though. I won't get on my bike again until September probably. Sitting at a red light with the sun beating down on you and the engine cooking your thighs, only to finally get going and feel like you're in a hairdryer got old. There is some awesome biking throughout this state though.
They didn't have these when we were riders:

https://www.motorcyclistonline.com/c...weather-riding

Old 07-26-2018, 11:05 AM

9,601 posts, read 31,740,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadglide72 View Post
Thats good to hear about the Arizona pests! Truthfully the humidity is part of the appeal in that itd help with dry eye..
Sorry, Roadglide . . . Eye Drops vs High Humidity and Mega Bugs is a no brainer.

Old 07-26-2018, 01:20 PM

65 posts, read 122,144 times
I'm from the Northeast myself, now in AZ for 22 years. I'm an outdoors guy and have run into roughly two mosquitoes per year. For me, this has alone been worth the price of admission, so to speak. Haven't been to Georgia, but a friend recently visited from Prescott area, where I am, and said the humid heat was totally oppressive. Yes, we have some of that for a couple months around here, but nothing like the east coast, particularly the south, I dare say.

As far as finding a clime with straight 50s and above and lots of fair weather, your stated desires, you might be talking Hawaii or San Diego, CA, and not much else, at least in the West. That said, yeah, Tucson is a little cooler than Phoenix, mostly at night, due to higher elevation, but you'd need to relocate to Prescott to get out of the summer total bake that AZ is known for, though it might not provide the job you seek. As for Flagstaff, plenty of chill and snow there, again thanks to elevation.

Good luck with your decision-making!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona