Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2021, 08:40 AM

9,196 posts, read 16,641,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyearp View Post
Don't be so absurd. Our country's immigration laws were completely different when my grandparents came over from Poland. And even more so when my other great-great-greats came over from England.

In the 70's, folks who came here illegally were deported right away, every time they got caught. They certainly were not housed in hotels, with catered food, armed guards, clothing, free legal aid, and then bused or flown further into the country to 'await' their court hearing(s).

And then there's this:

https://www.westernjournal.com/biden...immigrants-us/
Perhaps put down the propaganda rag, certainly don’t link it as any bonafide source at least, and realize that our ancestors didn’t exactly have emails with the state department alerting them of their arrival. We’re here because of immigration. There is a process and many aren’t admitted, despite what the alt-right media would have you believe. It’s no wonder so many of these types are perpetually terrified after seeing what’s being pounded into their heads 24/7.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2021, 01:08 PM

2,925 posts, read 3,091,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
Perhaps put down the propaganda rag, certainly don’t link it as any bonafide source at least, <snip>
Well, how's about these:
https://www.state.gov/joint-statemen...inors-program/
https://www.uscis.gov/humanitarian/r...ing-priorities
https://www.uscis.gov/CAM

Are those 'bonafide' enough? Those links (or some of them) are linked in the article I posted. Those 'programs' are just that. They are not law, they were not passed by congress.

Old 06-17-2021, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Well, how's about these:
https://www.state.gov/joint-statemen...inors-program/
https://www.uscis.gov/humanitarian/r...ing-priorities
https://www.uscis.gov/CAM

Are those 'bonafide' enough? Those links (or some of them) are linked in the article I posted. Those 'programs' are just that. They are not law, they were not passed by congress.
And? Welcoming qualified people into this country while fulfilling humanitarian efforts is something you’re angry about? That’s literally the foundation of the country and the basis for the majority of us being here in the first place?

Old 06-17-2021, 02:22 PM

Quote:
And?
And I've bitten on your off topic dribble enough.

Old 06-17-2021, 04:03 PM

Quote:
And I've bitten on your off topic dribble enough.
Immigration is literally the topic of this thread and simply pasting links doesn’t qualify as any sort of point, so I’ll assume there isn’t one.

Old 06-18-2021, 06:14 AM

But now we're no longer talking about Arizona specifically and I am tired of you getting my posts deleted for being off topic.

Old 06-21-2021, 07:03 PM

5,451 posts, read 4,049,655 times
Since this has turned into an "illegal immigration" thread, it has been moved to the proper forum.

Old 06-21-2021, 07:28 PM

62,934 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Immigration is literally the topic of this thread and simply pasting links doesn’t qualify as any sort of point, so I’ll assume there isn’t one.
Actually, illegal immigration is the topic of this forum so there should be no discussion of legal immigration in here. There is a separate forum for that. Some sure like to blur those lines though.

Old 07-02-2021, 01:50 AM
OTB

2 posts, read 621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moongirl00 View Post
I live in Cochise County just 4 miles from the border. I havent seen anyone that appears to be an illegal alien in the year I have been here. Border Patrol is everywhere, scouring the place. If any illegals make it through they are probably trying to pass through quickly as possible I would guess. Most are probably apprehended by authorities before getting too far. Still I wouldnt walk around much after dark but thats just me.
If you didn't see any that was mainly due to Trump. I used to run a website full of pics and videos of both illegals and drug mules traversing the Huachucas. Trump made a HUGE difference.

As of Jan 2021 - they're back. There's a website that shows current videos of traffic in Arizona.

Old 07-02-2021, 02:06 AM
OTB

2 posts, read 621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
The notion of “dangerous illegals” is VASTLY overrated and overblown as an issue. If you live in the Arizona Borderlands region, you’re the last person an illegal wants to come into contact with.
They have NO intention of attracting the attention of American law enforcement by doing harm to American citizens. That’s bad for business.
Tell that to the family of rancher Robert Krentz, who went out to help who he thought was an illegal in distress and was murdered.

Tell that to the Park Services employee who was reputed to always carry extra water and food for illegals and was rewarded by having her head bashed in, suffering permanent brain damage, and her truck stolen while she stopped to perform her duties.

Tell that to the woman a couple of armed illegals tried to hijack in the Sierra Vista area a couple of weeks ago.

Tell that to the elderly woman who was beat up in a home invasion by illegals in the Sonoita area also couple of weeks ago.

MOST incidents never are reported in the news.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration